Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 29 Feb 2008 (Friday) 08:16
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "The Continent I would most want to visit!"
North America
4.4%
South America
7.9%
Antarctica
13.2%
Africa
13.2%
Europe
34.2%
Asia
10.5%
Oceania
14%
I am too scared to travel beyond my own door
1.8%
I hate you Condyk so get stuffed!
0.9%

114 voters, 114 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Your number one Continent to travel to!

condyk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 06, 2008 12:24 |  #76

So anyway, looks like a POTN migration safari from London, through the cultural highlights of Europe, down into Asia and then across to Aussie/NZ is on the cards. Still no interest in the US. Antartica seems to be on an upwards trajectory and now head and head with Africa.

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1203740

sponsored links
Wazza
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 06, 2008 13:57 |  #77

condyk wrote in post #5060632 (external link)
So anyway, looks like a POTN migration safari from London, through the cultural highlights of Europe, down into Asia and then across to Aussie/NZ is on the cards. Still no interest in the US. Antartica seems to be on an upwards trajectory and now head and head with Africa.

Where do I sign up for this?! :lol:

New Zealand Photography Tours (external link) | Williams Photography - Queenstown Wedding Photography (external link) |
Instagram (external link) | Facebook - Weddings (external link) | Facebook - Landscapes + Tours (external link)

condyk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 09, 2008 07:37 |  #78

In your dreams mate ;-)a Would be a great trip eh, but more the kinda think Michael Palin would need to organisae. Imagine all the border and sea transport issues (would have to be vehicle based innit!)

DMax82
217 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 09, 2008 07:56 |  #79

South America fo' sho'.

I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes considering it has the Amazon, Patagonia, Andes, and Brazilian women.

Still relatively inexpensive too.

I'm surprised by all the Europe choices, it's certainly nice, but...well, I can't quite but it into words, I'm just surprised. Eloquent, no?

DMAx

T5i. Standard Canon zoom. Big Canon zoom. Wide Canon zoom. Plasticy Canon prime. Sony a6000 and a bunch of crappy old lenses plus a Samyang 12mm 2.0. Pentax K-5. Manfrotto tripod and head.

condyk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 09, 2008 09:50 |  #80

DMax82 wrote in post #5078047 (external link)
I'm surprised by all the Europe choices, it's certainly nice, but...well, I can't quite but it into words, I'm just surprised. Eloquent, no?

Mainly US folks ... just like the forum itself. Easy to fly to, similar enough cultures these days, often only get short holidays, English is commonly spoken, etc. Interesting the Europeans aren't lookin' at going the opposite way.

DMax82
217 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 09, 2008 10:21 |  #81

condyk wrote in post #5078390 (external link)
similar enough cultures these days.

Yeah, it's definitely an "easy" destination and I understand that many Americans(myself included) trace their roots back that way, but I guess for me your quote I highlited cuts both ways. I've been living in France for a few months and am a bit depressed by all the McDonalds and such over here.

I just thought that people would choose something a little more exotic for that special trip, but I guess "exotic" is relative. I do love me some Europe though!!!

T5i. Standard Canon zoom. Big Canon zoom. Wide Canon zoom. Plasticy Canon prime. Sony a6000 and a bunch of crappy old lenses plus a Samyang 12mm 2.0. Pentax K-5. Manfrotto tripod and head.

condyk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 09, 2008 10:29 |  #82

DMax82 wrote in post #5078504 (external link)
I've been living in France for a few months and am a bit depressed by all the McDonalds and such over here.

I just thought that people would choose something a little more exotic for that special trip, but I guess "exotic" is relative.

I agree ... when travelling I have mainly met Aussies/NZ's, Far Easterner's and Europeans. Rare you meet Americans in the more exotic places. We did meet a US couple in Chobe, Botswana and there are definate exceptions to the 'rule' that says US folks don't leave their own country.

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Mar 09, 2008 10:37 |  #83

condyk wrote in post #5078529 (external link)
are definate exceptions to the 'rule' that says US folks don't leave their own country.

Unless there are loads of them and they are wearing cammo :-)

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

condyk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 09, 2008 12:34 |  #84

Yeah, that was probably wot I meant but I was being a good boy :-) I would like to go visit the US. It has some good spots. Am thinking of heading to NYC again for a short break soon and pick up some gears there. It just doesn't excite me much compared to other places. Also home of some very leading edge nutters and psycho's and a bit dangerous! Puts me off.

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 09, 2008 12:42 |  #85

neil_r wrote in post #5078568 (external link)
Unless there are loads of them and they are wearing cammo :-)

condyk wrote in post #5079050 (external link)
Yeah, that was probably wot I meant but I was being a good boy :-) I would like to go visit the US. It has some good spots. Am thinking of heading to NYC again for a short break soon and pick up some gears there. It just doesn't excite me much compared to other places. Also home of some very leading edge nutters and psycho's and a bit dangerous! Puts me off.

I hope you guys are having fun.

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Mar 09, 2008 12:44 |  #86

Sorry Tom :oops:, I love travelling in the US as you know and I know you guys have a sense of humour. (with two year election trails you need one :-) )

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

condyk
THREAD ­ STARTER
Africa's #1 Tour Guide
20,886 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 09, 2008 13:01 as a reply to  @ neil_r's post |  #87

belmondo wrote in post #5079087 (external link)
I hope you guys are having fun.

Sure ... pullin' yer plonkers innit ;-)a Please realise that making fun of the French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Germans, Italians and American's is a deeply English tradition based on our delusion of superiority.

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
39,582 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 09, 2008 14:57 |  #88

condyk wrote in post #5079174 (external link)
Sure ... pullin' yer plonkers innit ;-)a Please realise that making fun of the French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Germans, Italians and American's is a deeply English tradition based on our delusion of superiority.

Why do the American's deserve an apostrophe and the Germans and Italians don't?:D

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Mar 09, 2008 15:04 |  #89

Roy Mathers wrote in post #5079846 (external link)
Why do the American's deserve an apostrophe and the Germans and Italians don't?:D

Because condyk holds us in such low esteem, he won't even punctuate us properly.

I'm not feeling the love.

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

GeologyROCKS
430 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 09, 2008 15:05 |  #90

I will get to see one of the countries on my list in September. I'm going to Scotland w/ Nat'l Geographic, we'll also be there for the Highland Games!! It's shaping up to be a great year!

5dMKII x2 l 1dMKiv l 35L l 70-200 f/2.8 IS L l 17-55 2.8 IS l 50mm 1.2 l 85L l 135L l 300mm 2.8 l 400mm f/4 580ex II l 430ex II x2l Manfrotto Tripod & Head

sponsored links

5,062 views & 0 likes for this thread
Your number one Continent to travel to!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.