Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 15 Mar 2008 (Saturday) 02:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Very First Photo Shoot - Easter Baby...

DeSistoDigitals
41 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2008 02:45 |  #1

Hi Everyone,
Just posting a couple pics from today - my very first photo shoot. Any CC would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Thank you,
Nately

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links
DeSistoDigitals
THREAD ­ STARTER
41 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2008 02:46 |  #2

And one more...

HOSTED PHOTO

emailyhr
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 15, 2008 02:48 |  #3

So lovely baby

cannylad
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 15, 2008 04:42 |  #4

Second for me.

Brian R
Canon 5D, Canon 40D 24-70mm f 2.8 L usm, 70-200mm f 2.8 L IS, Canon 100-400mm L IS,
Canon 1.4 extender.

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 15, 2008 07:51 |  #5

Very sweet but I think the duck over powers the baby in #2.

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

BIGTUFFGUY
Goldmember
2,252 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 15, 2008 09:01 |  #6

i think you did a great job.

Gear List + Feedback

kvt
97 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2008 09:52 as a reply to  @ BIGTUFFGUY's post |  #7

I really like this series! I might bump up the saturation in the duck shot because it looks washed out, at least on my monitor. What a cute baby!

KVT
Canon EOS 5D, 400D
Canon EF 50 f/1.4, Canon EF 85/1.8, Canon EF 100 f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF 135 f/2.0L, Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8L II, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L IS, Canon EF 1.4x II Extender, Canon Speedlite 430EX

DeSistoDigitals
THREAD ­ STARTER
41 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2008 10:15 |  #8

Thank you all very much!

I have to give most of the credit to my model though - I don't think I could have asked for a better baby. Gave him a chocolate bunny and he sat there for about an hour!

Ha, ha... you're probably right about the duck overpowering the baby. I was actually going for that, but haven't a lot of experience, so that's probably why I like it (don't have the eye quite yet). Now I know for the future (more subject/less prop :lol:).

I purposely desaturated the 2nd picture to give it a softer feel... again, just making guesses on my first shoot.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the CC!

kvt
97 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2008 10:18 |  #9

DeSistoDigitals wrote in post #5120340 (external link)
Thank you all very much!

I have to give most of the credit to my model though - I don't think I could have asked for a better baby. Gave him a chocolate bunny and he sat there for about an hour!

Ha, ha... you're probably right about the duck overpowering the baby. I was actually going for that, but haven't a lot of experience, so that's probably why I like it (don't have the eye quite yet). Now I know for the future (more subject/less prop :lol:).

I purposely desaturated the 2nd picture to give it a softer feel... again, just making guesses on my first shoot.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the CC!

Ah, I see. I do like the desaturated look, I guess since I saw it as part of an otherwise saturated series, it looked out of place to me. But on its own, it is quite nice, though I might try to bring a little warmth back in the baby's skin, because it looks a touch greyish, at least on my monitor (which is admittedly new and may be off). Nice job overall!

KVT
Canon EOS 5D, 400D
Canon EF 50 f/1.4, Canon EF 85/1.8, Canon EF 100 f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF 135 f/2.0L, Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8L II, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L IS, Canon EF 1.4x II Extender, Canon Speedlite 430EX

DeSistoDigitals
THREAD ­ STARTER
41 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 15, 2008 23:50 |  #10

kvt wrote in post #5120370 (external link)
Ah, I see. I do like the desaturated look, I guess since I saw it as part of an otherwise saturated series, it looked out of place to me. But on its own, it is quite nice, though I might try to bring a little warmth back in the baby's skin, because it looks a touch greyish, at least on my monitor (which is admittedly new and may be off). Nice job overall!

Good idea about saturating the baby a bit more, I'll definitely give it a whirl! Thanks so much. :)

Maddog12
581 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: Not the end of the world but I can see it from here

Mar 18, 2008 15:53 as a reply to  @ DeSistoDigitals's post |  #11

great job. You are brave to give the child chocolate on a white background.

I enjoyed the picture....thanks for sharing

40d |Xti w/Grip | Canon 70-200 f/4 L IS | Canon EF 35-80mm | Canon EFS 18-55 (Kit Lens) | Nifty Fifty |Tamron 28-75 | Alien Bee 400 | Super Sigma Flash | Light tent, backdrops, tripods, reflectors, meter, etc.

sponsored links

3,534 views & 0 likes for this thread
Very First Photo Shoot - Easter Baby...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.