Hi everyone, I was under no illusion that hosting and judging would be an easy job to do but it's turned out to me much more difficult that I could have possiby imagined. I feel as though I have spent hours pouring over each entry, trying to narrow it down to three, then to have to put them into 1st, 2nd and third place. Thanks to everyone who entered, they are all great shots in their own right. Here is my decision...............
1st Place Andrewaaa5 (Hey) You've got to hide your love Away
The fist time I looked at this - I said out loud "I don't get it" as I was saying this, I sat back in my chair - I don't know if it was the distance, or the slowness of my brain, but the second the words were out of my mouth it hit me! The 'Love' was indeed hidden from me at first, very clever!!!!!
2nd Place Michael Wells Yesterday
Even though you can't see a facial expression the image really gives the impression that this poor guy has got the weight of the world on his shoulders and that his troubles really are 'here to stay"
3rd Place Boutty Hard Day's night
This poor guy looks seriously hacked off about being where he is, waiting patiently for his shift to be over. I'm not sure though that standing around can be classed as "working like a dog" though!
Thanks again to everyone for entering....
One more thing Kevan G9 Can I just say that you had a VERY trusting participant in your composition
and Marie What exactly IS being passed 'from me to you'??
Over to you Andrewaaa5 I look forward to being at the other side again next week - much less stressful
Challenge 165 - A song by 'The Beatles' depicted in a photograph
Being born and raised in Liverpool, I grew up listening to their music (although I must add the band had gone their separate ways long before I was born ) There are plenty of songs to choose from and endless ways in which they can be interpreted. Any song can be chosen, be it a single or album track........ have fun!
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 7th April 2008
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.