Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 08 Apr 2008 (Tuesday) 15:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Young soccerplayer the strobist way...

widowmaker
329 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 08, 2008 15:28 |  #1

Hi. I finally got my strobist kit together, and wanted to try a few practise shots of my daughter. This one turned out pretty cool I think. Strobist info: one SB28 camera left, shot through white umbrella, 1/2 power, ISO 100, f/8, 1/250 sec, one SB28 behind my little girl, snooted 1/4 power aimed towards her upper back. Both flashes fired with Pocketwizards. Feel free to comment on my first published "strobist" shot...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

www.fotografbjornstad.​com (external link)
Gear: Canon MarkIII, Canon G11, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS L, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS L, Sigma 10-20, Speedlite 580 EXII, Epson P-3000, Manfrotto 055 tripod, complete Strobist kit, 24"IMAC, Macbook Alu, PS CS5, Lightroom 3.5

sponsored links
jerrybaxter
50 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2008 15:43 |  #2

"She's a giant !!!...... RUN !!!!"

nice pic

Stephan.
101 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 08, 2008 18:03 |  #3

I like it. Very strobist-esque. Reminds me of that example with the hockey player on the site. I'd say her ear is a little too bright.

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
19,129 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 08, 2008 18:43 |  #4

Lighting is great.

Cutting off a soccer player's feet is a bit like cutting off a ballerina's toes, I think.
;)

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN events (external link)
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible  (external link)| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flash (external link) | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculator (external link)

Lotto
Goldmember
2,750 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Apr 08, 2008 19:43 |  #5

Very nice shot! I too think the shot should crop a bit more loose.

Somehow the odd shape of the ball keeps getting my attention. She must be super strong :)

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

Welby
Goldmember
2,156 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 08, 2008 19:46 |  #6

Great shot although i agree about the crop being a bit close to her feet. I think the ball is a bit flat to :p

Mark www.gravelpics.com (external link)
5DMKIV, 7DMKII, 6D, EF 17-40 f/4L, EF 70-200 f/2.8L, EF 300mm f/4L, Tamron 28-75 F/2.8, 50mm f/1.8 II, Kenko 1.4, 580EX II, Vivitar DF400MZ x 2, poverty wizards.

Mr. ­ Bill
927 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 08, 2008 19:51 as a reply to  @ Welby's post |  #7

Very nice shot. Makes me wish that I would have taken this hobby up years earlier when my young one was playing sports.

Looks like she is trying to tell you something "did you take the lens cap off?"

Link to my Pictures (external link)

royboy79
240 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 08, 2008 20:49 |  #8

I think you did an excellent job on the lighting.;)

http://rhphotography.t​ypepad.com (external link)

widowmaker
THREAD ­ STARTER
329 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 09, 2008 01:18 |  #9

Thank you all for your nice comments! Actually, the ball belongs to my great dane, and he killed it after just a few hours, thats why it looks a little flat.... The shot isn't cropped at all, it was taken this way. But due to the temperature outside, I had to hurry, and the composition didn't turn out to good. But anyway, this was meant as an lighting excersice, and it was really fun.

www.fotografbjornstad.​com (external link)
Gear: Canon MarkIII, Canon G11, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS L, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS L, Sigma 10-20, Speedlite 580 EXII, Epson P-3000, Manfrotto 055 tripod, complete Strobist kit, 24"IMAC, Macbook Alu, PS CS5, Lightroom 3.5

sponsored links

1,327 views & 0 likes for this thread
Young soccerplayer the strobist way...
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.