Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 16 Apr 2008 (Wednesday) 15:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Complicated Sales Question

Linda ­ Hawkins
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 16, 2008 15:52 |  #1

I shot some images of a local eating place for the NBC Today Show.

sponsored links
Gary_Evans
859 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 16, 2008 16:37 |  #2

Do you mean a restaurant ??

Gary
www.myeventphoto.co.uk (external link)
www.garyevansphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)

Linda ­ Hawkins
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 16, 2008 17:54 |  #3

Gary_Evans wrote in post #5342878 (external link)
Do you mean a restaurant ??

lol...it's actually a diner place.

JasonRussell
939 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 16, 2008 18:51 |  #4

Linda Hawkins wrote in post #5342658 (external link)
...what should I charge the "eating place" for rights to use these images on their website? Not sure what a fair price would be for that type of thing.

TIA!
Linda

Free "eating" for life maybe? :cool:

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 16, 2008 18:53 as a reply to  @ Linda Hawkins's post |  #5

Is it some place you'd be interesting in eating at? If so, perhaps you can negotiate for a deal that gets you free meals for the term of the license you grant.

EDIT.....

Damn, a minute too late. Jason beat me to it.

tcphoto1
Goldmember
1,444 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 16, 2008 18:56 |  #6

I would look at Getty Images and pick a similar image, run their calculator and carefully consider how they will use the images. I just shot one of the top restaurants in town for a local magazine. They saw the proofs and will be licensing a few for their own use.

www.tonyclarkphoto.com (external link)
www.tcphoto.org (external link)

Linda ­ Hawkins
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 16, 2008 19:14 as a reply to  @ tcphoto1's post |  #7

Funny guys....I don't eat there. And I will say, that when I did the shoot it was dinner time and I had no desire to eat there....although it's a popular place, it's not my style....if it was, I guess I'd be seeing a heart attack in my future. ;)

tcphoto I'll go check out Getty but I'm wondering if you'd share more with me about your deal?

NZDoug
"old fashion"
1,499 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: French Bay, on the shores of the mighty Manukau Harbour, Aoteoroa

Apr 16, 2008 19:42 |  #8

Do it for a year time frame, that renews if they want to use it the following year.
That way, you will eat for life,one way or the other, if they cant get a better shot than the one you provide.
Web use only, duration of licence -1 year, all other rights reserved in exchange for $100 cheeseburgers or whatever......:p

HEY! HO!
LETS GO!

Stocky
731 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 17, 2008 08:33 |  #9

Are there any people in the pictures? If so then you will need a model release; you wouldn't have needed one for the TV show, or to sell prints, but if they want to put the images on their site then you will need one.

Always happy to hear some critique
gear list

Linda ­ Hawkins
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 17, 2008 08:40 |  #10

Stocky wrote in post #5347503 (external link)
Are there any people in the pictures? If so then you will need a model release; you wouldn't have needed one for the TV show, or to sell prints, but if they want to put the images on their site then you will need one.

The only pictures where you can see faces and identify people are the owners. There are a couple with people, but their faces are not shown.

sponsored links

853 views & 0 likes for this thread
Complicated Sales Question
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.