Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 16 Apr 2008 (Wednesday) 13:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Business Card C+C!

Tumeg
Goldmember
1,823 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 16, 2008 13:00 |  #1

Some of you may remember my post here a few weeks ago asking for advice on my new b-card designs....In the thread, Jon Cooper (sorry, I don't remember his username on here) offered to design and print my cards only for the cost of shipping! Here is the current design:

http://slantphoto.smug​mug.com …921_jkCxc#28027​9481_GYFYK (external link)

Front+ Back, I personally am in love with the design, I asked some friends and all they said was "I like it, but I don't LOVE it, it's... Modern" so I am not too sure of what they meant... Like I said, I love the design and colors, but would like some more opinions on it!

| Canon 5D Mk II | Canon 17-40MM F/4L | Canon 50MM F/1.4 | Canon 85MM F/1.8 | Canon 580EX II |

sponsored links
Michael_Lambert
-ColdMember-
2,426 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 16, 2008 13:01 |  #2

It looks alittle busy and cluttered for my liking.

My Canon Gear
Michael Lambert Photography (external link)

mattograph
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 16, 2008 13:06 |  #3

If you like it, go with it. I would suggest one thing.

People make notes on business cards quite a bit. I would leave one side white to make this doable.

This space for rent.

studiotime
315 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 16, 2008 13:10 |  #4

i like the design :) but for me i think i prefer the phone # on the right (as so many bus. cards have the number on the right already, so people's eyes go there right away).

nicely done tho.

finally getting the 85mm f1.2 II DREAM LENS!
but now i want a power pack and go portable!

Anke
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 16, 2008 13:15 |  #5

I really like it, nice design.
Perhaps when they said "its modern" they meant it might date easily.

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

slappy ­ sam
Goldmember
1,452 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 16, 2008 13:20 |  #6

Its a great design. Don't worry about it.

40D|10-20|17-50|70-200|580ex
FS: XT with 2 OEM batteries

grphx
724 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 16, 2008 13:28 |  #7

I like the design! I hope my design comes out as clean as yours.

Canon 50D, 6D
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
www.jarcophoto.com (external link)

Tumeg
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,823 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 16, 2008 13:40 |  #8

Like I said, I can't take credit for the design, that was purely Jon Cooper (Still don't remember his screen-name on these forums)...
I do like it myself, and I do agree with some of the comments\suggestions made.

1) Blank area for notes - I like this, and I also personally do this on b-cards, BUT I am not handing out pieces of scrap paper, I am handing out information to contact me. If I need to give people more information, such as, where to find there photos, I will do what the photographer I work for does... I will print out small, easy to read, instructions on paper and cut them to the size of the card and then staple them together...
2) Phone # in the right corner - I did think about this, and I am glad it is not in the corner because: as you said, all b-cards are like that, I don't want my card to be "all cards"...

| Canon 5D Mk II | Canon 17-40MM F/4L | Canon 50MM F/1.4 | Canon 85MM F/1.8 | Canon 580EX II |

grphx
724 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 16, 2008 13:46 |  #9

'm just glad you aren't using a photo you took as a background(not dogging your pics, I've never seen them, but I find that as poor design for a card).

Canon 50D, 6D
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
www.jarcophoto.com (external link)

mattograph
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 16, 2008 14:29 |  #10

Tumeg wrote in post #5341813 (external link)
Like I said, I can't take credit for the design, that was purely Jon Cooper (Still don't remember his screen-name on these forums)...
I do like it myself, and I do agree with some of the comments\suggestions made.

1) Blank area for notes - I like this, and I also personally do this on b-cards, BUT I am not handing out pieces of scrap paper, I am handing out information to contact me. If I need to give people more information, such as, where to find there photos, I will do what the photographer I work for does... I will print out small, easy to read, instructions on paper and cut them to the size of the card and then staple them together...

I was a little unclear. I meant for the customer to make notes. I often make notes on the back of the cards I receive about why I want to keep them -- like "referred by John" or "Finished teds basement". I use these notes for personal reference, often years later.

This space for rent.

studiotime
315 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 16, 2008 14:37 |  #11

Tumeg wrote in post #5341813 (external link)
2) Phone # in the right corner - I did think about this, and I am glad it is not in the corner because: as you said, all b-cards are like that, I don't want my card to be "all cards"...

i didn't mean for you to "do what everyone else does" lol! i just meant that people's eyes almost always go to the right side cuz they already expect the phone or contact info in that area.

:)

studiotime
315 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 16, 2008 14:39 |  #12

grphx wrote in post #5341854 (external link)
'm just glad you aren't using a photo you took as a background(not dogging your pics, I've never seen them, but I find that as poor design for a card).

i'll be shooting glam and fashion, and i know from having designers ask me for my website that they really want to be able to see immediately your work. so i think it depends more on what you shoot....(as well as listening to the demands of your potential clients/customers)?

:)

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,353 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 16, 2008 15:02 |  #13

I like it as it is! His username is 'figmented'.

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

mattaura
202 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 16, 2008 17:15 |  #14

its fresh. would look great printed with a UV gloss coat.

400D | Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX Macro 1:1 Lens | 70-200mm F4 L | 18-55mm Kit Lens
http://mattaura.devian​tart.com/ (external link)

figmented
640 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 16, 2008 18:05 |  #15

Woot..

You guys also have to keep in mind that Tumeg is 15 years old. He is going to be handing these out to high school kids & friends for the most part. I'm hoping he doesnt stick with this design too long because im sure he'll be a lot 'bigger' with photogrpahy when he is 18-21-25..

basically what im saying, is none of his friends are gonna have sweet cards that come close to this.

I've seen more biz cards then probably anyone, and i have a nice biz card collection of my own (tons of photographers, i collect biz cards, im a nerd) and I think this suits his age and demographics.

I made it REALLY simple, yet still stylish.. I really like it imo, but its up to Tumeg.

btw, he is a very awesome photographer for being 15. :)

just my 2 cents :)

Canon 5D - Canon 20D - 580ex - Gary Fong Dong - Stofen
70-200 2.8L IS - 24-70 2.8L - 50 1.8 - 17-55 2.8 IS - 85 1.8
Lightroom & Photoshop Pro
www.slantphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,157 views & 0 likes for this thread
Business Card C+C!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.