Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 18 Apr 2008 (Friday) 13:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anoter Card Review

midav
30 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 18, 2008 13:56 |  #1

sponsored links
Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 18, 2008 14:52 |  #2

I don't like the logo, and I think it's better to just have one web address on the card. If they can find the gallery through the main site, then I'd just put the main site on the card and leave it like that. I also think it needs to be more personal. Put your name on it, and I always prefer to have a personal email address to contact someone at. When I see info@wherever.com (external link)... it makes me not even want to email that person.

midav
THREAD ­ STARTER
30 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 18, 2008 15:08 as a reply to  @ Ledrak's post |  #3

Molnies
277 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 18, 2008 15:21 |  #4

Well I have to say that I agree with Ledrak, every single word of it actually.

Not fan of the logo, but that's personal preferences and I'll skip that one.
Having several domain names is not a good idea. Use one, and either link to a second from there or just place the gallery on the main domain (why not?)
I think every single person in the business should have their own card with their own name and address on it, it's much more personal and professional.

But those are my own opinions...

Fredrik — Portfolio (external link)
50D — 350D + BG-E3 — 100-400mm L IS — 100mm f/2.8 Macro — 50mm f/1.8 — EF-S 18-55mm — Tamron 90 f/2.8 Macro
Manfrotto 055ProB + 488RC2 — Speedlite 430EX — Sigma EM-140 DG Macro flash — Kenko tubes

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,353 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 18, 2008 15:51 |  #5

The card should be 'personal' even if you have several people working for the same company. Business cards are cheap, so why not get one with your name (at least). I don't like the idea of 'info@...." either.

I like the colors, but I'm not sure about the logo. I also agree with the two websites. Pick one, preferably the '.net' one.

EDIT: I would just delete all of the text on the back. Nothing wrong with a blank card on the back.

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

Gary_Evans
859 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 18, 2008 16:13 as a reply to  @ Hikin Mike's post |  #6

Not a fan of the card, and not keen on the tone of your posts either. Are you wanting a critique or is the real point of the post just to rant about designoutpost?

Gary
www.myeventphoto.co.uk (external link)
www.garyevansphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)

sponsored links

738 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anoter Card Review
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.