Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 21 Apr 2008 (Monday) 10:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New Web Site

rob_barbee
130 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 21, 2008 10:16 |  #1

Hey, I just finished my new site, using iWeb on my mac, it was very easy and i love the results.

I was wanting a very simple site, very clean.

Love to hear what you guys think of it !

www.robbarbeephotograp​hy.com (external link)

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 21, 2008 11:26 |  #2

You're right, it's simple. I like it. The only real critiques I have are...
1. The constant reflections are a bit distracting after a while
2. The picture of the little boy w/ blue eyes and "chocolate" on his face on the "Galleries" page needs changed. It's very pixelated.
3. If I were a client, looking at the small size of the "Client Shoots" photos would be hard. They need to be larger. I don't mean 1024, but bigger than they are now.

You have some nice composites, btw.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 21, 2008 12:02 as a reply to  @ asysin2leads's post |  #3

I like the site itself, but you have no html text at all. It's all graphics. If I were you, I'd at least want to try to pick up "some" SEO traffic, and to better accomplish that you'll want text. I'd re-do your price list and about me section as html text (and also your contacts section).

Aaagogo
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 21, 2008 13:58 |  #4

do away with the 1st page where you have to click to enter. it doesn't make any sense for an extra click

you have 2 menus, a vertical and horizontals, their font's should be the same.

while your logo in the 1st page looks good, using the same font as a navigation menu is makes the menu kinda hard to read and follow.

redo your pricing page, if you want to put an image, rather hotlink it as a pdf file. the image on your pricing page looks compressed.

i think you are giving out way too much info in your contact me page.

ditto about the reflections, also, you might want to start the reflection just a tad further away and lower the starting opacity. the reflection should be there but not there at the same time.

all IMHO

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=4655753&pos​tcount=953 Your 1st 10,000 images are your worst
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,353 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 21, 2008 15:37 |  #5

It's clean, but there's too much wasted space. I would say most people have their monitor to 1024 x768. By wasted space I mean I have to scroll down just a bit to see the rest of the page. Your headers are too big. Make them smaller and you should be fine. Also, ditch the splash page...it's a useless click.

Good luck!

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

727 views & 0 likes for this thread
New Web Site
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.