Challenge #172 - Signs
First: ffenc1, Great shot! I love the B&W! Just an all around great shot! Good job!
Second: Boutty, At first I thought this was an actual ad out of a magazine! I really like the color and the gradient from blue to white.
Third: Car, I love the subject! It kind of reminded me of the movies. I also really enjoyed the angle. It was also an excellent take on the theme. Good work!
"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign!" Signs are all over the place these days. From advertisements to traffic signs to the neon of Vegas and even unwritten ones, signs dominate our field of view. So let's see some pictures of them! The only rule is there must be some sort of sign, not necessarily written or physical, in the picture.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 26 May 2008.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.