Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 30 May 2008 (Friday) 14:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

this should be illegal!

Compact ­ Diss
Goldmember
1,432 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2007

May 30, 2008 14:22 |  #1

Just found this on craigslist and they are offering CREDIT for pictures!!

Photographers Needed for New Media/Mobile Content Company (Boston)

Reply to: odophoto_boston@live.c​om (external link)
Date: 2008-05-21, 2:25AM EDT

VodoModo.com seeks proactive, creative, service-oriented individuals to play a key role as Photographers. Using your own equipment, you would takes photographs of buildings and locations in the city in which you reside.

VodoModo.com is a breakthrough company offering multimedia rich tours of travel destinations for delivery to mobile devices.

We are looking for photographers that have the necessary equipment to take high resolution digital photographs of building and locations, primarily shots of the outside, but sometimes inside photographs. We are looking for a variety of images for each location ranging from statutes, busts, architectural elements, close ups of fixtures and ornamental elements, wide angle including surroundings, at day, night, dusk, dawn, different angles - pretty much anything and everything you can think of from a creative photography perspective.

You would grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive royalty free license to use your photographs in our mobile tours. In exhange, we would include a credit line in the credits as well as on our website for each tour in which your photographs are used. As a worldwide mobile content producer, you will receive incredible exposure to advance your photography career.

If you are interested, send an email to vodophoto_boston@live.​com (external link) including a link to see sample of your work online or some samples as attachments.

Best Regards,

VodoModo.com

BTW - Our website is password protected because we are in a quiet period in advance of our official launch later this summer

• Compensation: Credit
  • Telecommuting is ok.
  • This is a part-time job.
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Boston Street Photographyexternal link
Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

sponsored links
narlus
Cream of the Crop
7,662 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 30, 2008 14:35 |  #2

it's the equivalent of panhandling...someone'​s bound to toss some quarters their way.

maybe they'll get some interest from retirees who know how to use a camera and want to fill up some spare time; who knows.

www.tinnitus-photography.com (external link)
Facebook link (external link)

gear list

Ralph ­ Merlino
Goldmember
1,645 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 30, 2008 14:42 as a reply to  @ narlus's post |  #3

I have seen several ad's on craigslist just lke that one. Just a bunch of clowns.
You have to remember, craigslist is bottom of the barrel.

flyingwolf
66 posts
Joined Dec 2007

May 30, 2008 15:25 |  #4

Just the sheer number of spelling and grammatical errors in that ad alone would be enough to turn of most people with a brain.

Those that do apply, well they know what they are getting into.

Semper Fi.
Little box that holds light.

EnronRocks
557 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 30, 2008 15:32 |  #5

flyingwolf wrote in post #5626909 (external link)
Just the sheer number of spelling and grammatical errors in that ad alone would be enough to turn of most people with a brain.

Those that do apply, well they know what they are getting into.

You would be surprised, it has gotten to the point that grammatical errors and spelling mistakes are looked over these days. With that said there are many "English ****s" as I call them out there (I am usually one). Now people just try to make a conscious effort to have semi presentable speaking skills and such, you can tell by watching the news and reading blogs.

Name: Garrett
Visit My Website (external link) and My Gallery (external link).
AIM - EnronRocks

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

May 30, 2008 22:40 |  #6

Compact Diss wrote in post #5626448 (external link)
Just found this on craigslist and they are offering CREDIT for pictures!!

Photographers Needed for New Media/Mobile Content Company (Boston)

Reply to: vodophoto_boston@live.​com (external link)
Date: 2008-05-21, 2:25AM EDT

. As a worldwide mobile content producer, you will receive incredible exposure to advance your photography career.

If you are interested, send an email to odophoto_boston@live.c​om (external link) including a link to see sample of your work online or some samples as attachments.

OMG! you mean I'll really be a Worldwide Mobile Content Producer? Quick, send me some neat credentials. :rolleyes:

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

<AkulA>
Goldmember
2,038 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 30, 2008 22:50 |  #7

I hope they get the crappiest photogs in the city - you get what you pay for!

-Brandon-

Gear - Gallery (external link)

themichael
43 posts
Joined Feb 2006

May 31, 2008 00:00 |  #8

I want to know how to telecommute to take pictures! Help save on the gas fees.

LBaldwin
Goldmember
4,490 posts
Joined Mar 2006

May 31, 2008 00:08 |  #9

I smell a rat!!

Les Baldwin
http://www.fotosfx.com (external link)

gooble
Goldmember
3,149 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 19, 2009 17:54 |  #10

This should not be illegal. We need more laws like we need a hole in the head.

I have no sympathy for what they're trying to do but it should not be illegal. What they deserve to happen is to be unsuccessful so that they have to come to the realization that if they want quality work that will benefit them it must be paid for. Unfortunately somebody will bite at this but I can't imagine that they will gather any quality images of significant quanity to make it worthwhile.

Perry ­ Ge
Batteries? We don't need no...   . . . or cards.
12,266 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 19, 2009 18:02 |  #11

gooble wrote in post #7362815 (external link)
This should not be illegal. We need more laws like we need a hole in the head.

I have no sympathy for what they're trying to do but it should not be illegal. What they deserve to happen is to be unsuccessful so that they have to come to the realization that if they want quality work that will benefit them it must be paid for. Unfortunately somebody will bite at this but I can't imagine that they will gather any quality images of significant quanity to make it worthwhile.

I dunno if that's an intentional Dixie Chicks reference, but if so, AWESOME song :cool:.

Perry | www.perryge.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | C&C always welcome | Market Feedback & Gear | Sharpening sticky | Perspective sticky

breal101
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 19, 2009 18:03 |  #12

When will people learn? Photo credit is as near to worthless as something can get. Your mom might get excited but few photographers get work from them. These ads shouldn't be illegal, photographers should be smarter.

"Try to go out empty and let your images fill you up." Jay Maisel

MJPhotos24
Cream of the Crop
5,619 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 19, 2009 18:04 |  #13

experience, yea right...

Freelance Photographer & Co-founder of Four Seam Images
Mike Janes Photography (external link) - Four Seam Images LLC (external link)
FSI is a baseball oriented photo agency and official licensee of MiLB/MLB.
@FourSeamImages (instagram/twitter)
@MikeJanesPhotography (instagram)
@MikeJanesPhotog (twitter)

derky82
667 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 20, 2009 02:27 |  #14

The funny thing is, when people look at that shiny white Canon logo on their DSLR, they automatically think they should be paid everytime they press the shutter. If you even HALF consider the law of averages, not everyone here is going to be a professional. If someone wants to take poorly composed pictures of a statue in front of the post office and allow someone else get some use out of it, more power to them! At least little Jimmy's mom will be able to talk him up to her friends at work!

Not sure what to do with this space yet... but in the meantime, here's my Little Bitty Gear List:lol:

Oh, and here is my flickr (external link) if anyone is interested! And my very INACTIVE Model Mayhem (external link)

binlerne
870 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 20, 2009 02:48 |  #15

If I lived in Boston I would tell them I'd do it, go out with my P&S, take a zillion horribly angled, blurry, and unusable pictures.Burn it on a CD and hand it over saying "You get what you pay for. Thanks for the credit"

It would horribly backfire if they actually used the pictures and now your name is plastered all over those horrible pictures.:lol:

My Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

6,983 views & 0 likes for this thread
this should be illegal!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.