Thanks again to everyone that entered – It was a really difficult task to choose from so many excellent and varied interpretations of ‘New’. Results are as follows:
1st Place - Gold’nchocolate – New Beginnings in my Flock.
I’m a sucker for all things cute and cuddly and this Rhode Island Red Chick really is a cutie. Love the detail in the feathers and the DOF.
2nd Place - Teekay – A New Days Dawns.
Beautiful Moody Blue – I would put this on my wall.
3rd Place - Teisco – New Spring Product
Nice to see the complete family unit – would like to know what has caught their attention at the other side of the pond! I like the way the sun has a halo effect around the goslings.
So, over to you gold’nchocolate for challenge 175!
Challenge 174 - NEW
It was a post made by Okiediver a week ago "Just hatched--the robins are coming" that gave me the idea for this challenge and I've looked back I don't think that it's been done as yet (I hope:oops I wasn't sure if I should call it new beginnings or just New so i've settled with just plain old new to give it plenty of scope! So let's see what "New" means to you!
Have fun and I look forward to seeing everyones photographs
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 9th June 2008.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.