Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 07 Jun 2008 (Saturday) 14:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon Version of EOS Utility?

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 09, 2008 07:49 |  #16

dpastern wrote in post #5687583 (external link)
I dunno, didn't think I was one. Your problem is easily fixed - card reader and usb cable. Windows will detect the card reader quite nicely. I believe OS X will do it as well. No need for 3rd party software, as both operating systems can read Canon RAW files with the appropriate add-on software (free).

I just get sick and tired of Canon users bashing Nikon for any good ole reason they can find. If you can't handle competition, then stay out of the ring.

Dave

Dave read the question I asked!

I don't care about card reader and usb cable, I have NO PROBLEM getting the images onto the laptop! Good Grief!

I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SYNC THE CAMERA WITH THE LAPTOP SO THE TIME ON THE CAMERA MATCHES THE LAPTOP. This has nothing to do with reading the raw files.

To even take it further.

I have as many as 5 camera's shooting at a wedding, I want the exif data with respect to the internal clock of the cameras to all be the same, not close but exact. This way when I put ALL the images in one folder I can then use Lightroom to sort by "Capture Time" and they will all be in the exact sequence.

With Canon EOS Utility has a feature to "always match computer time", since an assistant I use on occasion uses Nikon (which is fine with me, I'm not bashing) I can't use EOS Utility to sync HIS CAMERA WITH THE TIME STAMP ON MY MACBOOK PRO.

Get it now?

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

sponsored links
dpastern
Cream of the Crop
13,765 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 09, 2008 08:08 |  #17
bannedPermanent ban

Yeah Chris - see my last post. I got a bit mixed up, I did realise what your intentions were initially, but somehow in the mix of viewing hundreds of posts, I got a wee bit confused :P Gimme a break!

As I said in my last post, maybe downloader pro can do what you want to do? If it can, you'd probably have to use it for both the Canon & Nikon cameras, to ensure that everything is consistent across all cameras I suspect.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my bad.

Dave

http://www.macro-images.com/ (external link)

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 09, 2008 12:27 |  #18

dpastern wrote in post #5688464 (external link)
Yeah Chris - see my last post. I got a bit mixed up, I did realise what your intentions were initially, but somehow in the mix of viewing hundreds of posts, I got a wee bit confused :P Gimme a break!

As I said in my last post, maybe downloader pro can do what you want to do? If it can, you'd probably have to use it for both the Canon & Nikon cameras, to ensure that everything is consistent across all cameras I suspect.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my bad.

Dave

No problem......hi-jacker released without bail!

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 09, 2008 14:04 |  #19

Well, Downloader Pro isn't an option, last I looked, since OP wants to use it on his MacBook Pro. He'd need to get a copy of some Windows OS to run it on.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Colorblinded
Goldmember
2,678 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 09, 2008 14:09 |  #20

dpastern wrote in post #5680766 (external link)
What is it today? People seem to expect everything for free. Capture NX is very good by all accounts, far superior to DPP. There's an old adage - get it for free, usually it'll be crappy.

Dave

You're the first person I've seen saying anything positive about Capture NX. It seems to be pretty universally hated by all Nikon shooters I know.

http://www.colorblinde​dphoto.com (external link)
http://www.thecolorbli​ndphotographer.com (external link)

dpastern
Cream of the Crop
13,765 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 10, 2008 00:21 |  #21
bannedPermanent ban

Jon wrote in post #5690355 (external link)
Well, Downloader Pro isn't an option, last I looked, since OP wants to use it on his MacBook Pro. He'd need to get a copy of some Windows OS to run it on.

Bummer, I thought downloader pro worked on OS X and Windows, or at least the last time I looked at it...

Dave

http://www.macro-images.com/ (external link)

sponsored links

3,087 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon Version of EOS Utility?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.