Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 09 Jun 2008 (Monday) 20:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bald Eagle

Michael1116
429 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 09, 2008 20:28 |  #1

Caught this as the bird was swooping in to pick up a gift we threw out. I couldn't believe how fast they are. I shot with my 70-200mm, and severely cropped in PP. I think it is ok given the circumstances. Your comments please.

(DUPLICATE IMAGE)

MySpace (external link)
My Flikr (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links
woody64
Goldmember
1,876 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 10, 2008 00:02 |  #2

Great timing, looks a little dark on my laptop. You would probably get more comments in the bird section.

:D http://keithsphotos.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link) :D

1Dx, 5D MKII, 350D, 7D, 50mm F1.4, 24-70L F2.8,Canon 100-400L IS, 100mm F2.8 Macro, 580 EX11

Pete's ­ Prints
Goldmember
1,497 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 10, 2008 00:21 |  #3

Very nice capture, great timing! Wonderful photo!

Peter S Vives
A bunch of equipment with Canon on it and some stuff with Sigma on it. The desire to capture a moment in time and share it with you! :)

silverwolf
442 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 10, 2008 02:05 as a reply to  @ Pete's Prints's post |  #4

Its a great shot but i would have dialed down to wide open f4 to get a faster shutter speed.I guess to get a shot like that you have to live with the settings that you had it on hehe.Sean .L;)

One world one camera ton of L glass your creation your memory.
Sean's Gear 40D BG-E2N Grip l 400D XTI Canon Zoom's 10-22 l 18-55 l 28-135 Canon Prime's 50 1.8 l 400 5.6L Gitzo GT3540XLS

lkb-28
Goldmember
1,809 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 10, 2008 05:31 |  #5

Hi Michael;

Good job on a spur-of-the-moment capture.... but... what on earth is that blue trailing behind the bird?

Cheers;

Lee

Comments & Criticisms ALWAYS welcome...:D
Still a rank amateur - but learning day by day...:D

Equipment

Michael1116
THREAD ­ STARTER
429 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 10, 2008 07:17 |  #6

lkb-28 wrote in post #5694428 (external link)
Hi Michael;

Good job on a spur-of-the-moment capture.... but... what on earth is that blue trailing behind the bird?

Cheers;

Lee

I believe that is the tail feather? The other shots in the sequence have it in different positions. Air brakes??

MySpace (external link)
My Flikr (external link)
Gear List

Michael1116
THREAD ­ STARTER
429 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 10, 2008 07:19 |  #7

silverwolf wrote in post #5694013 (external link)
Its a great shot but i would have dialed down to wide open f4 to get a faster shutter speed.I guess to get a shot like that you have to live with the settings that you had it on hehe.Sean .L;)

you are right there Sean. I was totally not ready. In fact my friend had a 300mm packed safely in his bag. At least I was able to shoot!

MySpace (external link)
My Flikr (external link)
Gear List

Michael1116
THREAD ­ STARTER
429 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 10, 2008 07:20 |  #8

Thanks Pete and Woody. I normally don't shoot wildlife. All my time here I never noticed the separate bird section! I guess if a mod is listening in, please move this post to BIRDS.

MySpace (external link)
My Flikr (external link)
Gear List

Michael1116
THREAD ­ STARTER
429 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 10, 2008 19:04 as a reply to  @ Michael1116's post |  #9

thanx Pekka for moving me to the bird section

MySpace (external link)
My Flikr (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links

1,337 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bald Eagle
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.