Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 14 Jun 2008 (Saturday) 15:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

rescued kitten :]

Katiana
83 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 14, 2008 15:15 |  #1

This is the still nameless kitten that I found running across the street in down town Athens, GA. He was scuttling really close to the ground and once I reached him, I saw that his eyes were matted virtually all the way shut and he could barely see. He hissed at me once, and then I called a friend over and she brought me a towel from the back seat of my car. We scooped him up and he immediately started purring. After a good cleaning, we took him to the vet and they gave us some antibiotics for his eyes as well as an ointment for his feet, because they were severely blistered due to scorching hot asphalt. He's been on meds for three days now and he's looking a ton better :]. He weighs in at 1.2 lbs and he's about 8 weeks old. We're in the process of finding him a home because we already have a cat, and he's enough for us to handle :]
Anyway, sorry for the babbling! Here's some pictures!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i9.photobucket.​com …92/KatianaCast/​kitty1.jpg (external link)

http://i9.photobucket.​com …92/KatianaCast/​kitty2.jpg (external link)

and for fun:

http://i9.photobucket.​com …/KatianaCast/cu​tiepie.png (external link)

Katiana or Kate, either one works.
gear list .x.
flikr (external link)

sponsored links
TeeJay
Goldmember
3,834 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 14, 2008 15:42 |  #2

You are very kind, and the photo's are lovely.

Fingers crossed you find him a good home!

TJ

1DsMkIII | 1DMkIIN | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 24-70 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 17-40 f/4L | 50 f/1.2L | WFT-E1 & E2 Transmitters - Click Here for setup advice | CP-E4 Battery Pack x 2 | ST-E2 | 580EX | 550EX | 430EXII | 420EX | Tripod + monopod | Bowens Esprit Gemini 500W/s heads & Travel-Pak | All this gear - and still no idea :confused:

Odd ­ Socks
133 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 14, 2008 16:33 |  #3

Aww :)
He's lovely.
I agree with the above comment, you are really kind. It'd break my heart to have seen him.

Canon 400D | Kit lens | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Canon 55-250 IS | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Kenko Extension tubes | Some tripod

djeuch
933 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 14, 2008 18:29 |  #4

If I lived close enough, my wife and I would be tempted! What a cutie! Hopefully someone can adopt into a good home!

Canon 40D w/BG-E2N Battery Grip | Canon 5D w/BG-E4 Battery Grip | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | EF 85mm f/1.8 w/ET-65III | EF 50mm f/1.4 w/ES-71II | Canon 1.4x TC | Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW | B+W 77mm MRC (010) filter x2 | Speedlite 580EX II

tom1s
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 14, 2008 21:38 as a reply to  @ djeuch's post |  #5

He's going to be a handfull, that's for sure. I hope you find him a good home. He was lucky to find you.

- I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

speedypalomino
147 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 14, 2008 21:53 |  #6

Nice job there kiddo!!! :0)..! Ya know,,, when he's purrin' he's actually sayin ,,, YOU ROCK!!!

Bear

Bear.... :) proud UNITED STATES MARINE!
40D, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 55-250, 430exII, R-Strap

BobOh
Goldmember
1,157 posts
Joined May 2006

Jun 14, 2008 22:03 |  #7

We found a kitten in a bean field in central Indiana about a year ago, all skinny and dehydrated. My wife's nephew has had him for the past year and he is just the sweetest, lovable cat you could hope to know. Maybe that is the general personality of kittens that are rescued from a bad existence. Good job. Hope he finds a good home.

Regards,
Bob
Gear: 40D, 7D, EF 100-400L, EF 28-135, Speedlight 580EX and other stuff.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bobbolew/ (external link)

ChromeThunder
664 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 14, 2008 22:13 |  #8

Kudos to you for rescuing him...photo #2 is fantastic.

Canon 5D Mark II *Canon 1D Mark IV *EF 24-70 f/2.8 II * EF 28-135mm * Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM * EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro * EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II * Speedlite 580EX II

ifonline
721 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 14, 2008 22:16 |  #9

Hm... you're close by. I might be able to find a home for him. Let me dig around a bit.

Ian
Founder of Lightroom Forums
Nikon D750, 24-120 f/4, 50 f/1.8 See everything HERE.

Katiana
THREAD ­ STARTER
83 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 08:41 |  #10

Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone! He's still doing really well and he's just playing away with all of the toys we got him. We had a little setback when the blister on his foot opened up again and bled, but it stopped after a little while

Bob, I think it is. They just seem so thankful and happy to have food, water, and attention.

Ian, that would be amazing. We have one woman who is interested, but she's out of town for the next week so she told us if we could find him a home before she got back, then we should go for it. Even if you're not able to find anyone, I really really appreciate the thought!

gear list .x.
flikr (external link)

Mil-dot
336 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 26, 2008 19:04 |  #11

poor little tuffy kitty, if i lived closer i d take him we already have 2 other sttrays that are usuing this place a s a kitty spa, one more wouldnt hurt, i have so much compassion for animals and wilflife i could just bust , i hope he finds a loving and careing home soon

shazza
486 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 27, 2008 00:59 |  #12

Very nice pics, and what a lucky little guy that you found him. Like the others said, if I was closer, I'd sure be tempted. Little black & whites are my favorite.

Sharon

mono55
441 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 27, 2008 12:08 |  #13

Poor little thing, I hope you find a good home for him soon. The fact that he makes such an appealing subject in the photos should help a lot.

access to a canon 5dm3 and 50d, sigma 24-70 f2.8 ex dg macro, sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 apo macro dg, thrifty50, olympus pen mini, panasonic lumix g3 + 5 lenses, panasonic lumix fz7, fuji finepix f72EXR.

digidiva
Goldmember
2,002 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 28, 2008 07:19 |  #14

Did he find a home???

BUYING A CANON DOESN'T MAKE YOU A PHOTOGRAPHER, IT MAKES YOU A CANON OWNER.

POST HOC, ERGO PROPTER HOC

Katiana
THREAD ­ STARTER
83 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 28, 2008 08:50 |  #15

He found a home with us XD. We were really expecting not to keep him, but after a couple hours around our other cat they started to bond and they really hit it off. My father wasn't thrilled about it, but he finally just said "Seriously, no more after this one. Please."

Currently, he's battling a little kitty cold and we're taking him to the vet again today. He should be just fine, and in a couple of weeks he'll be back at the vet for his neuter!

gear list .x.
flikr (external link)

sponsored links

2,245 views & 0 likes for this thread
rescued kitten :]
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.