Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 15 Jun 2008 (Sunday) 22:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Suggestions on my business cards

LFaluade
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 22:43 |  #1

I just made these business cards using CS3 and I was wondering what you guys think of the colors? I am debating between using a more muted color and a really eye popping color (red). If you guys have any suggestions I'll be more than happy to hear them. Thanks!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

-LFaluade :cool:

sponsored links
LFaluade
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 22:43 |  #2

Here's the other color option....

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,353 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 15, 2008 23:10 |  #3

I wouldn't use the white border on a business card because of the bleed. If they don't cut this perfectly, it will look uneven. Also, I would suggest using a different font on your contact info. It's going to be too hard to read. Maybe a serif or at least not a script font.

If I had to choice, I would pick the red.

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

LFaluade
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 23:19 |  #4

Thanks for the suggestions...I was messing around with the back of the card and I came up with this...this font looks pretty clean to me but I have never printed cards before. Do you think there will be an issue reading it?

HOSTED PHOTO

michaelanthony
132 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 23:23 as a reply to  @ LFaluade's post |  #5

i totally agree with Mike... avoid the borders due to the alignment of the crop... and with such a unique last name, definitely stick to simpler fonts to ease comprehension of your clients...

My Stuff:
www.facebook.com/8x10p​roofs (external link)

Hikin ­ Mike
6,353 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 15, 2008 23:27 |  #6

LFaluade wrote in post #5728696 (external link)
Thanks for the suggestions...I was messing around with the back of the card and I came up with this...this font looks pretty clean to me but I have never printed cards before. Do you think there will be an issue reading it?

Yes, print it at full size (2 x 3.5 inches) and see what happens. Not everybody has good eyes! :D

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)

LFaluade
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 23:51 |  #7

Okay here's my latest edit with everyone's suggestions...thanks so much, I really appreciate it! Any last C&C's?

HOSTED PHOTO

LFaluade
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 15, 2008 23:55 |  #8

michaelanthony wrote in post #5728719 (external link)
i totally agree with Mike... avoid the borders due to the alignment of the crop... and with such a unique last name, definitely stick to simpler fonts to ease comprehension of your clients...

LOL at "unique last name"...that's a way to put it ;)

Scarter275
341 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 16, 2008 01:26 |  #9

I would stay away from red.... Just me. It usually doesn't print very well.

TeeJay
Goldmember
3,834 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 16, 2008 02:04 |  #10

I am viewing this thread on an iphone, which is probably not too far off the intended size, and to be honest, I am having problems reading your name on that first image.

I can make out "photography" quite easily - but not the name above it.

TJ

1DsMkIII | 1DMkIIN | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 24-70 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 17-40 f/4L | 50 f/1.2L | WFT-E1 & E2 Transmitters - Click Here for setup advice | CP-E4 Battery Pack x 2 | ST-E2 | 580EX | 550EX | 430EXII | 420EX | Tripod + monopod | Bowens Esprit Gemini 500W/s heads & Travel-Pak | All this gear - and still no idea :confused:

SHANGHAi
257 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 17, 2008 14:10 |  #11

The front side is simple, and easy to read but the back side is where you lose me. I am personally not a fan of italisized scripty looking font to convey key information such as website and phone numbers.

EDIT: just saw your latest edit. I would suggest playing around a little more with typography (something other than Times) and also messing with boldness, kerning, and leading.

http://www.liang-shi.com (external link)

LFaluade
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 17, 2008 14:50 |  #12

Can I use CS3 for kearning and leading the text or will that have to be done in Illustrator....

Hikin ­ Mike
6,353 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 17, 2008 16:32 |  #13

LFaluade wrote in post #5739455 (external link)
Can I use CS3 for kearning and leading the text or will that have to be done in Illustrator....

I ALWAYS use Illustrator for my logos and business cards. ;)

LFaluade
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 17, 2008 17:08 |  #14

Well darn! One more program I got to get...I think I am just going to use the 30day trial software for now...Thanks all for the critics and suggestions....

griptape
Goldmember
2,037 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jun 17, 2008 17:26 |  #15

You need a last name that's easier to spell.;)

sponsored links

1,888 views & 0 likes for this thread
Suggestions on my business cards
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.