Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 09 Jul 2008 (Wednesday) 01:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

a camera back pack with water bladder?

canonphotog
796 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jul 09, 2008 14:15 |  #16

My camelbak has more than adequate room to carry camera gear in it should I decide to do so. The bladder is protected behind an insulated divider and that portion of the pak has drain holes to compensate for condensation/bladder rupture. IMO it would take quite a bit of foolishness to rupture the bladder.

Seems to me that finding padding/dividers you would like to have in your pack to separate gear would be the way to go. I've seen a MF kit that had compartments that velcro'd together to form whatever system you needed to have. Don't recall what it was called, but I'm sure it's easily locatable again.

-Ken
Gear List|Kenny D. Photography (external link)

sponsored links
AB8ND
745 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 09, 2008 14:37 |  #17

SuzyView wrote in post #5878007 (external link)
Water and gear together, interesting. :)

That would be my question.
Hats off to you for worrying about hydration though, how ever I don't think I'd trust my equipment in the same region as water. I've never seen a bladder leak, even in mountain bike crashes, but first time for everything

Jack

rdricks
576 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 09, 2008 14:45 as a reply to  @ AB8ND's post |  #18

Gear and water together - sounds like a good excuse for the 1D Mark III upgrade. "But honey, I need the camera so I can stay hydrated....":lol:

-Ryan
Gear List
flickr (external link)

mackidbrendan
299 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jul 09, 2008 14:51 |  #19

Double Negative wrote in post #5879824 (external link)
Just do NOT put it in the section with the camera/lenses. ;)

ya.... cus that could end very bad!:oops:

seekphotography
83 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 09, 2008 16:27 |  #20

Just found my dusty old camelbak in the closet and attached it to the bag with a medium sized carabiner.

I'll probably figure out a way to attach it more securely to the bottom as the clips on the bag didn't fit through the loops on the water bag.

Thanks for the reminder, this is going to be great when going out in the summer heat as the lowepro bag doesn't really have room to store a water bottle.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

a camera , a few lenses, various accessories and never enough time.

JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Jul 09, 2008 18:42 as a reply to  @ seekphotography's post |  #21

I use a belt pack for carrying my gear so it makes it very easy to wear a regular Camebak...

John

Amamba
Goldmember
3,679 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 09, 2008 19:34 |  #22

What's wrong with water bottles or sub-$5 cheap insulated water holders from a department store ? There's plenty of those with a carabine attachment.

At least they're cheap, nearly disposable, and if it leaks it leaks to the outside.

Ex-Canon shooter. Now Sony Nex.
Life Lessons: KISS. RTFM. Don't sweat the small stuff.
My Gear List (external link)

azpix
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,335 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 09, 2008 23:59 |  #23

mackidbrendan wrote in post #5879703 (external link)
you could always just purchase a camelback blatter and stick it somewhere in your bag

you could but mine always leak or have condensation which wouldn't be good.

Gear- 7d, 24-70L, sigma 70-200, Sigma 120-400, canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.0,sigma 10-20 and a DJI Mavic Pro Drone

azpix
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,335 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 10, 2008 01:00 as a reply to  @ seekphotography's post |  #24

argyle wrote in post #5878933 (external link)
Ditto for the Lowepro Dryzone Rover

thats a definite possibility.

Gear- 7d, 24-70L, sigma 70-200, Sigma 120-400, canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.0,sigma 10-20 and a DJI Mavic Pro Drone

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 10, 2008 07:50 |  #25

Condensation does happen, even when you put it in an insulated bag before putting it in the backpack.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Andy_Cam
385 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 10, 2008 09:40 |  #26

Double Negative wrote in post #5879471 (external link)
I'm not sure, but the Dakine and Burton packs probably have provisions for a bladder as well. Maybe also the LowePro Orion. I would think something advertised as a "daypack" might as well. Hope this helps...

The Burton Zoom only has a laptop compartment and a general storage compartment on the front which could be used. I will check tonight when I am home how well it would work.

Gear | flickr (external link)

BeerCan
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 13, 2008 21:40 as a reply to  @ Andy_Cam's post |  #27

Was this bag mentioned yet?
http://www.kieselbags.​com/shop/product.aspx?​id=38 (external link)

I almost purchased one but went with a Tenba instead

DMPhoto
169 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 14, 2008 00:09 as a reply to  @ BeerCan's post |  #28

I use a pack that is manufactured by Wolf Pack Gear that has a built in compartment for a camelback system. This pack was originally designed for use in the Urban Search and Rescue environment. It is light weight, has many pockets - though not designed for photography, it works for me. It also has reflective strips on it which I find handy since I shoot alot of night time fire scenes, and it also has a built in radio pocket which fits my scanner perfectly.

Dan

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/danmillerphotog​raphy/ (external link)

PhotoJourno
High Plains Chimper
5,629 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 14, 2008 00:15 |  #29

I think there was a reason why liquid cooling for Computers never really took off.

There are some interesting ideas, but I am not sure why both items must be in the same bag. One does not always use gear in a situation where a water bladder is necessary.

Bah, just me.

Forget the camelback, and bring the flask with a bit of grandma's cough medicine on it ;)

Mario "MJ" Gravina
A Grayscale man in a Kodachrome world...
www.mariogravina.com (external link)

Rrdstarr
203 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 14, 2008 00:53 |  #30

ben_r_ wrote in post #5879866 (external link)
I bought the Lowepro Sliplock water bottle holder and attach that to my bag(s) and carry a water bottle.

Bought two of them for my Nature Trekker! My nature trekker also has a large outer pocket that holds an smaller pack that would be plenty big for a 100oz camelback!

Rick's stuff!

sponsored links

5,679 views & 0 likes for this thread
a camera back pack with water bladder?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.