Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 28 Jul 2008 (Monday) 20:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Abusive relationship

chomish
Goldmember
1,917 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 28, 2008 20:04 |  #1

On way home from work, i caught this shot.

C&C always welcomed.

Thanx for viewing, Al.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

:) 5D-2 Mark ii :) 16-35 2.8L | 24-70 2.8L | 85 1.2 IIL | 70-200 f4 ISL | 70-200 2.8 IS IIL | 24-70 2.8L |MP-E 65 | 580EX, 430EX, MT24-EX | :p :p :p

sponsored links
kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,511 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2005

Jul 28, 2008 20:29 |  #2

Looks real to me.

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page (external link) - Photo Gallery (external link) - Art Print Gallery (external link) - Writing&Poetry (external link)
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Caysnco
619 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 28, 2008 20:42 |  #3

wow....... powerful image.....

blindz24
470 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 28, 2008 20:43 |  #4

Nice photo, can't help but feel the need for someone to tell her the help she needs is to make the decision to walk away ...

Canon 60D w/ EF-S 18-200mm Kit Lens | Canon 50mm f1.8| Canon EF-S 10-22mm | And a hand full of Filters :D

Yiskah
detective in a former life
1,475 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Location: In a hut (with indoor plumbing;)), on a tropical island...

Jul 30, 2008 10:55 as a reply to  @ blindz24's post |  #5

First off, Great capture! Really very nice job. Sad photo. But the saddest part is that it looks like a man printed the writing on the cardboard--- maybe the abuser himself making her beg for money?

...But still the clever north wind was not satisfied. It spoke to her of towns yet to be visited, friends yet to be discovered...

Nistelrooydude
Goldmember
1,495 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 30, 2008 11:45 as a reply to  @ Yiskah's post |  #6

Very powerful capture. I really like the shot.

TeeJay
Goldmember
3,834 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jul 30, 2008 12:39 |  #7

Nice photo, have you de-saturated the right side? It looks as though there is no colour there.

If this person has the courage to sit on the street like this, then surely they have the courage to walk away from the situation that put them there - unless of course (heaven forbid) this is just another scam.

TJ

1DsMkIII | 1DMkIIN | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 24-70 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 17-40 f/4L | 50 f/1.2L | WFT-E1 & E2 Transmitters - Click Here for setup advice | CP-E4 Battery Pack x 2 | ST-E2 | 580EX | 550EX | 430EXII | 420EX | Tripod + monopod | Bowens Esprit Gemini 500W/s heads & Travel-Pak | All this gear - and still no idea :confused:

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 30, 2008 12:57 as a reply to  @ TeeJay's post |  #8

Thats always what stays with me when I see things like this...

We had a gal here two summers ago that sat in the merging curb area and had a sign that said
"Trying to get back home"..people would toss money at her while they were turning..
She has a small crew now working for her.:confused:

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

taygull
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 30, 2008 13:24 |  #9

Yiskah wrote in post #6013514 (external link)
First off, Great capture! Really very nice job. Sad photo. But the saddest part is that it looks like a man printed the writing on the cardboard--- maybe the abuser himself making her beg for money?

..and exactly how does it look like "male" handwriting?:rolleyes:

Nice capture

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

chomish
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,917 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 30, 2008 14:40 |  #10

TeeJay wrote in post #6014048 (external link)
Nice photo, have you de-saturated the right side? It looks as though there is no colour there.

If this person has the courage to sit on the street like this, then surely they have the courage to walk away from the situation that put them there - unless of course (heaven forbid) this is just another scam.

TJ

Thanx alot guys for viewing and comments.

Yes i did a little desaturating on the entire photo.

Yes unfortunately u always wonder if theyre up to some scam. Maybe she just go into a fight, and thought the black eye mite help more people feel sorry for her.
She only knows the truth.....

Thanx again, Al

:) 5D-2 Mark ii :) 16-35 2.8L | 24-70 2.8L | 85 1.2 IIL | 70-200 f4 ISL | 70-200 2.8 IS IIL | 24-70 2.8L |MP-E 65 | 580EX, 430EX, MT24-EX | :p :p :p

chomish
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,917 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 30, 2008 14:48 |  #11

Yiskah wrote in post #6013514 (external link)

Thanx.

Well i dont think thats how sloppy she necessarily writes.

I think it looks sloppy because of the lack of a good writing instrument on the streets.
If u look next to the A in "ABUSIVE", it looks like she tried first with something that didnt write goood, and therefor came out all sloppy looking.
So i think she could have written it.

Thanx again, Al

Yiskah
detective in a former life
1,475 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Location: In a hut (with indoor plumbing;)), on a tropical island...

Jul 30, 2008 14:52 |  #12

taygull wrote in post #6014278 (external link)
..and exactly how does it look like "male" handwriting?:rolleyes:

Nice capture

All I meant was that it is more block, print and capital letter-style and more men write that way then women... not that it is sloppy at all- I actually have the sloppiest writing of just about any woman I know. Sheesh!:confused:

...But still the clever north wind was not satisfied. It spoke to her of towns yet to be visited, friends yet to be discovered...

zacker
Cream of the Crop
6,006 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jul 30, 2008 14:54 |  #13

unfortunatly, it doesnt matter who wrote it, if A police officer sees this, shouldnt he stop and at least question her or bring her to a shelter? If she is being beaten by someone, surly there must be something authorities should be doing for her. no? Like someone says, if she is that afraid, why would she sit on the streets with a sign instead of going to a shelter and getting away?

http://www.theanimalha​ven.com (external link)
My Facebook, Friend me If you want!http://www.facebook.co​m/brokenfencephotograp​hy (external link)

http://www.facebook.co​m/theanimalhaven?ref=t​s (external link)

blindz24
470 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 30, 2008 18:28 |  #14

chomish wrote in post #6014685 (external link)
Thanx alot guys for viewing and comments.

Yes i did a little desaturating on the entire photo.

Yes unfortunately u always wonder if theyre up to some scam. Maybe she just go into a fight, and thought the black eye mite help more people feel sorry for her.
She only knows the truth.....

Thanx again, Al

Just my own personal opinion, but generally I don't feel sorry for the homeless when I've seen what they're offered and they constantly turn down. They have the opportunity they just choose not to go for it. The kicker to it all are the ones that beg for food money then spend it on alcohol, drugs, and/or cigarettes. They obviously weren't hungry enough to make that sacrifice. So because of all that and call it a stereotype or whatever you may want, I personally don't feel sorry for them. They choose to be what they are.

Canon 60D w/ EF-S 18-200mm Kit Lens | Canon 50mm f1.8| Canon EF-S 10-22mm | And a hand full of Filters :D

Permagrin
High Priestess of all I survey
77,914 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 30, 2008 18:35 |  #15

it is a very strong shot.

Yiskah wrote in post #6014770 (external link)
All I meant was that it is more block, print and capital letter-style and more men write that way then women... not that it is sloppy at all- I actually have the sloppiest writing of just about any woman I know. Sheesh!:confused:

you know, I thought the same thing.

.. It's Permie's world, we just live in it! ~CDS

sponsored links

4,969 views & 0 likes for this thread
Abusive relationship
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.