Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 30 Jul 2008 (Wednesday) 15:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

E-session - with rugby and wildlife!

scottf2
78 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 30, 2008 15:33 |  #1

Some images from a really fun e-session. When I met with the bride, she mentioned that her fiance was a "cowboy type" and that he'd probably want to wear boots and a cowboy hat for the engagement photos. I do a lot of my sessions at the UC Davis arboretum, and it just so happens that the arboretum is conveniently located next to the Veterinary Hospital, and there's a big horse pasture right where we usually park... I had high hopes for getting some good pictures of the "cowboy" in his element, and the horses were happy to cooperate, once we found some stuff for them to chew on, we had to fight them off (one of them almost took a bite out of my flash as I was leaning over the fence trying to get a better angle!)

The couple met while playing rugby, so they also bought their rugby jerseys and a ball along, so after the arboretum/horse pasture we went over to one of the big UCD football fields for some rugby action shots. Those were lots of fun too.

And finally we finished off the day with a visit to a nearby ag field filled with haybales, for some more cowboy style shots.

This was just one of those sessions where everything came together - really nice couple, very friendly and comfortable with each other and the camera, quick to smile, and some nice, appropriate settings.

As always, critiques/suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

Scott

1. This was his "tough guy" face. It was hard to get him to stop laughing!

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

8. At the end of the session as we were walking to the car, we found a jackrabbit stuck under one of the haybales, so she helped it out and set it free.

Thanks for looking! More on the blog (external link).

Scott Fischbein - Sacramento Wedding Photography (external link)
My Photo Blog (external link)
MM# 197381 (external link)

sponsored links
auroraskye
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 30, 2008 17:46 |  #2

#7 is the best IMO, very nice on that one. Not bad overall. Particularly for full sun (which is what it looks like)

I am super cool n' stuff.
http://www.brandithomp​sonphotography.com (external link)
Like Me On Facebook (external link)

kaitanium
Goldmember
3,965 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 30, 2008 20:03 |  #3

yea #7 is the only real engagement photo i see here, maybe 6. nothing else seems to tell me the couple is in love and such. i think the other photos you didnt post here but are on your blog i like better and have the engagement theme to them.

and youre in davis? =)

scottf2
THREAD ­ STARTER
78 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 30, 2008 20:14 as a reply to  @ kaitanium's post |  #4

Good point -the ones I picked to show on here weren't really a good representation of their dynamic as a couple, they were just some of my personal favorites. The ones on the blog, and even moreso the ones I presented to the couple had a lot more "engagement" between the two of them :) They were a really fun couple and I'm looking forward to their wedding in January.

Yup - I'm in Davis... Organizing a Stobist meetup either in Davis or Old Sac some time in the next week or so if you're interested:
http://flickr.com …iscuss/72157606​455736292/ (external link)

Nice stuff on your blog - love the shot of the Mondavi Center!

Scott

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 30, 2008 21:59 |  #5

No 7 is my fave too :D

A bunch of Canon bits and pieces.

Blog (external link) :: Facebook (external link)

flyingwolf
66 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jul 31, 2008 00:58 |  #6

Every time I look at the tough guy face in #1 I keep seeing a second frame popup with him laughing. He is so on the verge there and it adds allot of feeling to that picture, great snap.

Semper Fi.
Little box that holds light.

scottf2
THREAD ­ STARTER
78 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 31, 2008 01:09 as a reply to  @ flyingwolf's post |  #7

Ha - thanks for the comment flyingwolf.

Maybe this is similar to the picture you were seeing in your head. Definitely lots of smiles from both of them that day:

sponsored links

1,037 views & 0 likes for this thread
E-session - with rugby and wildlife!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.