Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 17 Aug 2008 (Sunday) 01:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Publicity that Canon don't really need

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 21, 2008 09:38 |  #211

pknight wrote in post #6147660 (external link)
What we have learned:

1. Some big fish don't realize the small dimensions of their pond. ;)

2. Some people have had very bad experiences with Canon customer service. :(

3. Some people have had very good experiences with Canon customer service. :D

4. Some people have problems with their Canon gear. :cry:

5. Most people do not have problems with their Canon gear. :cool:

6. Nikon has recently improved their DSLRs.

7. There is much anticipation, speculation, and misinformation about how Canon will "respond" to point 6. :rolleyes:

7a. There is no need for speculation and the spreading of misinformation, as Canon will eventually "respond," and only then will we know anything for certain.

8. Some people seem overly concerned about how cameras from Company "A" that they don't own, and probably never will own, perform compared to cameras from Company "B" that they also don't own, and probably never will own.

9. The people described in point 8 will never be happy with what they have for very long.:cry:

10. We all need to log off and go take some photos. :D

Very true. A standing ovation for you~!

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

sponsored links
apersson850
Cream of the Crop
12,196 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 21, 2008 09:48 as a reply to  @ Headshotzx's post |  #212

I don't like point 7a. It seems to annihilate 80% of the reason for existance of forums like this one.

Anders

stardrop
323 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 22, 2008 09:38 |  #213

Well, after selling my 400D and buying a 40D, you guys are scaring the crap out of me! I decided to move up in the canon world and get a camera with more options and better control over my pictures. I've been second guessing myself since I started reading this thread. If the people who have canon's aren't happy with them, why are they still using them? They should just sell them and go get the Nikon they like so much.

Heather
C&C is welcome, how else will I learn?;)
My Gear
htonner.zenfolio.com

Fabrian
578 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Aug 22, 2008 10:09 as a reply to  @ stardrop's post |  #214

You don't have enough posts to absorb this thread ;):p

LOL, jk..

Seriously, don't mind this thread too much. There is a certain group that has taken part here because of particular reasons. I'm sure you don't fall into this category and if you're happy with your gear, then forget this thread and move on as a happy camper :)

Brian
Full gear list & Feedback

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,955 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 22, 2008 10:28 |  #215

First rule of participating in an equipment forum:
The camera currently out needs improving.

Second rule of an equipment forum:
The grass always looks greener on the other side.

The 40D is a very nice piece of hardware but it is not perfect. There are other cameras out there that address some of the shortcomings of the 40D but they too are not perfect and have their own shortcomings.
:):)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

TheHoff
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 22, 2008 10:29 |  #216

^^^ Ditto... there are ~250,000 other threads on this forum in the photo sharing section from Canon owners who are generally happy. Not to discount the AF issues addressed here, but you're specifically reading a thread about problems. Every brand has them.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

tmonatr
Goldmember
1,585 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Aug 22, 2008 19:32 |  #217

TheHoff wrote in post #6156301 (external link)
^^^ you're specifically reading a thread about problems. Every brand has them.

Not Moon Pie. Nothing but chocolatey marshmallow goodness!:D

Tim
Bartender - "So, you guys are dictionary salesmen."
Roy Munson - "You would be punctilious in assuming that."

kenyc
Cream of the Crop
15,520 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2005

Aug 22, 2008 19:59 |  #218

pknight wrote in post #6147660 (external link)
What we have learned:

1. Some big fish don't realize the small dimensions of their pond. ;)

2. Some people have had very bad experiences with Canon customer service. :(

3. Some people have had very good experiences with Canon customer service. :D

4. Some people have problems with their Canon gear. :cry:

5. Most people do not have problems with their Canon gear. :cool:

6. Nikon has recently improved their DSLRs.

7. There is much anticipation, speculation, and misinformation about how Canon will "respond" to point 6. :rolleyes:

7a. There is no need for speculation and the spreading of misinformation, as Canon will eventually "respond," and only then will we know anything for certain.

8. Some people seem overly concerned about how cameras from Company "A" that they don't own, and probably never will own, perform compared to cameras from Company "B" that they also don't own, and probably never will own.

9. The people described in point 8 will never be happy with what they have for very long.:cry:

10. We all need to log off and go take some photos. :D

You forgot one

11. Some posters are compelled to make lists.

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page (external link) - Art Print Gallery (external link) - Blog (external link)
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

digadv
427 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 22, 2008 21:19 |  #219

Why is this thread still here? These type of posts always get moved to the 'talk about photography' discussion. Perhaps the ax is not yet sharpened.

Harry ­ Settle
663 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 22, 2008 23:38 |  #220

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so excuse me if this has already been posted.

Check out this view: http://www.karikuukka.​com/peking2008/100m/ (external link)

jdkeck
654 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Aug 23, 2008 07:28 |  #221

Harry Settle wrote in post #6160690 (external link)
I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so excuse me if this has already been posted.

Check out this view: http://www.karikuukka.​com/peking2008/100m/ (external link)

neat pic.

Jeff

Life is not measured by the number breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

johnz
529 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 23, 2008 11:52 |  #222

Harry Settle wrote in post #6160690 (external link)

That is so cool! ( And the photog is Finnish ) :)

But how is that done? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I have done those myself in the past, but i can't do it 180 high, and it seems impossible to stich together images from 10-20mm.:evil:

- Tuomas Gustafsson
My smugmug (external link) - ( still on the works )
My gear list/ DOF calculator for Nokia phones
With Canon you can... spend all your money on glass.

jdkeck
654 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Aug 23, 2008 13:29 |  #223

johnz wrote in post #6162606 (external link)
But how is that done? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I have done those myself in the past, but i can't do it 180 high, and it seems impossible to stich together images from 10-20mm.:evil:

This is one of the crispest descriptions, http://services.manfro​tto.com/303SPH/ (external link) .

There are different heads available from different manufacturers. I use a mix of the Really Right Stuff and Manfrotto parts.

Jeff

Life is not measured by the number breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

SilverOnemi
692 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 23, 2008 13:35 |  #224

johnz wrote in post #6162606 (external link)
That is so cool! ( And the photog is Finnish ) :)

http://www.robgalbrait​h.com …_page.asp?cid=7​-9314-9563 (external link)

lols publicity canon doesn't need... humm, how about PoTn forumz.

gripped 7D/40D | 70-200 F4 L IS | 50 1.4 USM | wigma 10 20 | tamron 17 50 | canon 1.4 TC
Metz 58 AF | 580EX II [COLOR=Red]| [COLOR=black]Flash off-camera shoe cord OC-E3 |
Beginner Photographer
Apple's Macbook :D
See my Gallery (external link)

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 23, 2008 16:26 |  #225

Canon's ETTLII with the 580ex II is crippled also. Canon cannot explain why the 580ex II all at once will not fire (on bracket or hotshoe) and you have to take the flash off the camera and put it back on to fire again...that is really bad when it happens when you are photographing the processional.

sponsored links

25,780 views & 0 likes for this thread
Publicity that Canon don't really need
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.