What we have learned:
1. Some big fish don't realize the small dimensions of their pond.
2. Some people have had very bad experiences with Canon customer service.
3. Some people have had very good experiences with Canon customer service.
4. Some people have problems with their Canon gear.
5. Most people do not have problems with their Canon gear.
6. Nikon has recently improved their DSLRs.
7. There is much anticipation, speculation, and misinformation about how Canon will "respond" to point 6.
7a. There is no need for speculation and the spreading of misinformation, as Canon will eventually "respond," and only then will we know anything for certain.
8. Some people seem overly concerned about how cameras from Company "A" that they don't own, and probably never will own, perform compared to cameras from Company "B" that they also don't own, and probably never will own.
9. The people described in point 8 will never be happy with what they have for very long.
10. We all need to log off and go take some photos.
Very true. A standing ovation for you~!