Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 18 Aug 2008 (Monday) 17:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Final Design For Site C&C

bieber
Goldmember
1,992 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 20, 2008 14:33 as a reply to  @ post 6144402 |  #16

Not a great job, but I only had ~10 min. to spare for it. That image really didn't have enough unique detail to make the watermark removal a terribly difficult task.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

EOS 20D w/ BG-E2 grip
Nifty fifty, EF 28mm f/2.8, EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
Speedlights SB-25/SB-26/580EX, Pocket Wizards and such
My Gallery (external link)

sponsored links
conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 20, 2008 14:43 |  #17

bieber wrote in post #6145766 (external link)
Not a great job, but I only had ~10 min. to spare for it. That image really didn't have enough unique detail to make the watermark removal a terribly difficult task.

Although now the image is ruined! lol Fairplay mate. Point taken. :mustusestrongerwaterm​ark:!! :D

holrd
181 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 23, 2008 20:57 |  #18

if you want to water mark them add a unique, yet tasteful signature to the corner or side of each image, otherwise just register them with the US copyright office and go from there. Sue if anyone uses them without your knowledge or premission

5D | 30D | 70-200 2.8 IS | 24-70 | 17-40 | 100 macro | 580ex | 2x AB800

taygull
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Aug 24, 2008 09:14 |  #19

conkeroo wrote in post #6144036 (external link)
Cheers mate. To get it working it took a lot of messing about but essentially you create a table and then resize the viewer to the same proportions.

<td width="900" height="464" align="center" valign="middle"><div id="flashcontent">
<script type="text/javascript"​>
var fo = new SWFObject("images/view​er/viewer.swf", "viewer", "900px", "460px", "7", "#2A2A2A");
fo.addVariable("preloa​derColor", "0xffffff");
fo.addVariable("xmlDat​aPath", "images/landscape/gall​ery.xml");
fo.write("flashcontent​");</script>
</div></td>

Using this code as opposed to just embedding the flash means it passes the markup test. :D

Thanks for the code...been away and this is the first chance I've had to take a look at it. I'll play with it this week...and when I get confused I'll probably shoot you a PM:lol:

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 24, 2008 11:18 |  #20

taygull wrote in post #6167521 (external link)
Thanks for the code...been away and this is the first chance I've had to take a look at it. I'll play with it this week...and when I get confused I'll probably shoot you a PM:lol:

No worries. :D

mdw
486 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 24, 2008 12:46 |  #21

I like it! I can't see the services and about sections though. (using FireFox)

Roger
Copyright © PixelBalance Photography (external link)
My photos are not stock

Canon 50D l Canon 70-200mm f/4L l 50mm f/1.8 l Canon 100mm f/2.8 l Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI II LD

BrianS
412 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 24, 2008 13:14 as a reply to  @ mdw's post |  #22

When I click Editorial I get a "Gallery not found".

Also, I don't know what Services you offer (I am a FF user as well) but you don't have any pictures of people on your site. Do people hire you to take pictures like the ones on your site?

Canon 5D3, Leica M6, Fujifilm x100 & Olympus E-M5 | Walkabout Street (external link)

conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 24, 2008 17:08 |  #23

mdw wrote in post #6168445 (external link)
I like it! I can't see the services and about sections though. (using FireFox)

Ashenden wrote in post #6168594 (external link)
When I click Editorial I get a "Gallery not found".

Also, I don't know what Services you offer (I am a FF user as well) but you don't have any pictures of people on your site. Do people hire you to take pictures like the ones on your site?

Yep, theres nothing on those pages yet, im in the process of updating those including the editorial page. I was really looking for input on the overall final design for now. :D

conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 26, 2008 12:16 |  #24

bieber wrote in post #6144227 (external link)
A)Doesn't work without Flash. Big no-no of web development
B)The big, obtrusive watermark right up there on the front page is really, really irritating. A photograph positioned like that needs to fit into the design, which it doesn't do with that thing there. Not only is it huge and smack-dab in the middle of the image, but it would also be fairly easy to remove :/ And it's not as if an image of that size would be any good for anything but viewing on the web, anyways :/

Bieber, just hoping to pick your brains. What do you think would work for the front page? How would you go about it 'cos I agree, it doesnt fit the design of the page at all. Any ideas?

bieber
Goldmember
1,992 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 26, 2008 12:39 |  #25

conkeroo wrote in post #6182517 (external link)
Bieber, just hoping to pick your brains. What do you think would work for the front page? How would you go about it 'cos I agree, it doesnt fit the design of the page at all. Any ideas?

You mean with regards to watermarking, or the image itself?

EOS 20D w/ BG-E2 grip

conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 26, 2008 12:43 |  #26

bieber wrote in post #6182652 (external link)
You mean with regards to watermarking, or the image itself?

The actual image, you were saying it doesnt fit with the page design which I fully agree. What way would you design the front page? The watermarks, im gonna get rid of them. They do wreck the images. :)

bieber
Goldmember
1,992 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 26, 2008 13:43 |  #27

I actually just meant the watermark. I think the image fits pretty well, but something simple in black and white might match the color scheme better

EOS 20D w/ BG-E2 grip

conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 26, 2008 14:01 |  #28

bieber wrote in post #6183083 (external link)
I actually just meant the watermark. I think the image fits pretty well, but something simple in black and white might match the color scheme better

Ah right, okay. Cheers mate.

DavidPhoto
777 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 26, 2008 18:43 |  #29

nice site and you have some very nice images that are pretty well obscured by that huge watermark across them! But I guess you've heard enough about that by now! :)
I like the site design the only complaint is that the images are fairly small and limited to the area by the two top navigation bars. Of course I'm looking at it on my laptop so maybe its better on a larger screen. GL with it.

conkeroo
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 27, 2008 09:13 |  #30

DavidPhoto wrote in post #6185085 (external link)
nice site and you have some very nice images that are pretty well obscured by that huge watermark across them! But I guess you've heard enough about that by now! :)
I like the site design the only complaint is that the images are fairly small and limited to the area by the two top navigation bars. Of course I'm looking at it on my laptop so maybe its better on a larger screen. GL with it.

Many thanks. I've gotten rid of the watermarks but the images have to stay that size, I feel. I wanted the pages to look right on all screen resolutions, down to 1024x768. :D

sponsored links

2,957 views & 0 likes for this thread
Final Design For Site C&C
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.