Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 25 Aug 2008 (Monday) 20:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kristen's Senior Photos

togish1
Goldmember
1,635 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2007

Aug 26, 2008 14:40 |  #16

there awesome photos, but too saturated for my taste...but good work

t5i with kit lens, Canon Nifty Fifty, Sigma 530 super, Nikon SB-24(2), Canon 40mm f2.8, Canon 28-135 IS, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, Canon 70-200 f2.8
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/togish1/ (external link)
www.tolgacetinphotogra​phy.com (external link)

sponsored links
rmr21
Goldmember
1,938 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 26, 2008 14:58 as a reply to  @ post 6182902 |  #17

I would like these a lot more if she wasn't giving you such a fake looking smile. That being said, I like the last one with the dog best.

creativeparadox
73 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Aug 26, 2008 15:26 |  #18

Heh. If in doubt, a dog sells a shot.

In all seriousness, my 2c (perhaps worth less) is that they're over exposed (or maybe over processed, as some have said). Your senior doesn't seem all that comfortable in front of the camera (which isn't surprising), but a great start!

Tony

Gear: Cameras, lenses, subjects, imagination and patience.
www.creative-paradox.ca (external link)

Scarter275
THREAD ­ STARTER
341 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 26, 2008 16:44 |  #19

Thanks for all the comments you guys.

And yes, they are quite saturated. Usually it gets a little desaturated and darker when it gets back from the lab.

And i usually do try and get blown out parts in the image, but you're right, i think that it doesnt work for every photo. And i should work on that.

Thanks!

aram535
Goldmember
1,915 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 26, 2008 20:25 |  #20

Man I hate saying stuff like this, but her smile is weird. I don't know if its too forced or what, but it seems un-natural -- which I admit might be totally off, but that's the thing that pop-ed into my head when I look at the set. Maybe something between the her big smile and the no-smile would work?

Gear List * www.tranquilphotos.com (external link) * My Blog (external link)

jodyellis
44 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 29, 2008 16:30 as a reply to  @ aram535's post |  #21

My favorite is the one with her Lab (dog). Very nice shot. The pp is a tad strong on color saturation, but you explained why.

5D MkIII (on its way to me!) and 7D gripped
100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS 70-200 f/2.8L IS 24-70 f/2.8L 135 f/2.0L 50 f/1.4
580 EXII and 580 EX Speedlites

whitedog
262 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 30, 2008 13:00 |  #22

aram535 wrote in post #6185721 (external link)
Man I hate saying stuff like this, but her smile is weird. I don't know if its too forced or what, but it seems un-natural -- which I admit might be totally off, but that's the thing that pop-ed into my head when I look at the set. Maybe something between the her big smile and the no-smile would work?

Now that you mention it...that IS very noticeable. I agree with Aram...the smile looks very fake and forced. An elderly wise woman once told me her trick to get natural smiles...she asks her models/subjects to touch their tongue to the roof of their mouth and only half smile. This works quite well because it usually forces to the mouth to open slightly, and it gives the model something to think about and do rather than concentrate on that fake smile that they've used their whole life. You'd be amazed at how well this works. It looks more candid and natural, almost as if they are in the middle of a conversation. Very effective.

Bob Rock
Canon 5D MKIII and 5D w/grip; Lenses: 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-200 f/2.8L [COLOR=black]IS; 85 f/1.2L II; 180 f/3.5L Macro; 85 f/1.2; 580EXII Speedlites (4); Sekonic L-758DR; PocketWizards(6); Profoto B1 500 Air (2); Profoto AirTTL Remote; Various softboxes, modifiers, etc...; X-Rite i1iO Profiling Equipt.

sponsored links

3,711 views & 0 likes for this thread
Kristen's Senior Photos
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.