What do I want from Canon in my next dSLR?
Automatic High Dynamic Range (AHDR) Mode
- In AHDR four frames are taken in "Continuous" drive mode
- Each frame has a shutter open twice as long as the previous frame ( +1 f-stop)
- The aperture for Auto HDR is taken from the Av setting, and the initial shutter time is taken from the Tv setting (in other words, The initial frame is shot as if the camera were in manual mode.
- All other settings (White Balance, ISO, and Picture Style) are as last set
- After an AHDR sequence completes, the first frame shows in the temporary Review mode, but all four frames can be individually reviewed, one at a time by switching to Playback mode.
What should it take to get this implemented? The way I see it, all of this could be a simple upgrade to the firmware.