Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 10 Sep 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photos: My 1996 Mustang GT (Money Pit)

VincentPeete
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 10, 2008 08:47 |  #1

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i2.photobucket.​com …ed96GT/Dango/DS​C_2461.jpg (external link)

http://i2.photobucket.​com …ed96GT/Dango/DS​C_2465.jpg (external link)

http://i2.photobucket.​com …ed96GT/Dango/DS​C_2475.jpg (external link)

Shot with 50mm f/1.8

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

sponsored links
Maxxum5
345 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 10, 2008 08:50 |  #2

#2 and #3 look great! Watch the blue contrasts.... Hey, I got a money pit too! Instead of ending with GT, it is a 600 HP C5 "Porsche Killer". : )

Your ride is looking GOOD!!! I like the stop sign addition. Never thought of that look/angle. I always have clear backgrounds. (buildings, trees, landscapes).

When taking such low angle shots, always "look" to see all 4 tires. #1 is spot on. #2, its "almost" there. #3, it is well hidden. I noticed that in most car magazines that all 4 corners are showing at such low angles.

Good eye. Keep up the good work..... Do you use a circular polarizer when taking photos of your car? Its an amazing difference between lights/darks, especially the glare on glass. It makes the world of a difference to see a blaring reflection or to see into the car.

How much boost you running? Or is that just oil, temps, etc?

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 10, 2008 09:02 |  #3

Maxxum5 wrote in post #6278751 (external link)
#2 and #3 look great! Watch the blue contrasts.... Hey, I got a money pit too! Instead of ending with GT, it is a 600 HP C5 "Porsche Killer". : )

Your ride is looking GOOD!!! I like the stop sign addition. Never thought of that look/angle. I always have clear backgrounds. (buildings, trees, landscapes).

When taking such low angle shots, always "look" to see all 4 tires. #1 is spot on. #2, its "almost" there. #3, it is well hidden. I noticed that in most car magazines that all 4 corners are showing at such low angles.

Good eye. Keep up the good work..... Do you use a circular polarizer when taking photos of your car? Its an amazing difference between lights/darks, especially the glare on glass. It makes the world of a difference to see a blaring reflection or to see into the car.

How much boost you running? Or is that just oil, temps, etc?

I would like to have your money pit... LOL

I do have a circular polarizer but was just to lazy to pull it out.

The gauges on the pillar are Boost, Fuel Pressure, & Wideband. Right now there is no boost present. Motor is trash and another is awaiting installment. Still up in the air on throwing a ProCharger D1 on her or single Hellion 62mm Turbo Kit. Only time will tell, however right now my camera collection is growing and modding the car has slowed down quite a bit.

Here is the list of mods:

• PI Headswapped
  • VT Stage II N/A Cams
  • MAC Longtube Headers
  • VRS O/R X Pipe
  • MAC Catback w/ 3.5" tips
  • Tremec T56 (6 speed)
  • Built Rear end with: 3.73 Gears, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP 31 spline Trak-Lok, Mosoro 3" wheel studs
  • TCI Line Lock
  • Braided Brake Lines
  • 99up Front Brakes
  • Aluminum Driveshaft
  • Tim Shaw Subframe Connectors
  • UPR Driveshaft Loop
  • UPR Tubular K Member w/ Tubular A Arms
  • UPR Coilover Kit 14" - 175lbs
  • Strange 10 way adjustable shocks & struts
  • MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms
  • Rear Eibach Drag Launch Springs

Car went 8.50 @ 82 mph in the 1/8th on Weld Pro Stars & Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials.
No 1/4 mile times.

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

PhotosGuy
75,650 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Sep 10, 2008 10:58 |  #4

Pretty nice shots, & it sounds like a great ride! Fewer reflections in it in #1 would be nice.

No 1/4 mile times.

Piffle! Anyone can run good times in the 1/8th. Get an ET after you install a low rear end. ProChargers cost WAY too much for what you get! Unless you're going to drive it to the supermarket, too, & the 6-speed should allow that, if you must? ;)

I like the stop sign addition.

I can't argue with that. It works.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

gdusek84
201 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 10, 2008 13:11 as a reply to  @ PhotosGuy's post |  #5

Nice looking ride bro. If you're looking at a power adder then scrub the procharger idea, you're better of going with a turbo set up.

EDIT: If you don't have a mustang forum to post at you can visit www.dfwstangs.net (external link) or www.stangnet.com (external link). Both are great forums for information. I'm over on dfwstangs.net and there are multiple guys with turbo'ed mustangs. It's a bit of a rough crowd at first but overall they're great guys/gals.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/gdusek84/ (external link)

fishingjts
984 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Sep 10, 2008 15:27 as a reply to  @ gdusek84's post |  #6

Nice Stang!! I like stangs... LOL!

guesstimate is low 13's in the 1/4.... probably around 13.2 to 13.3..

Everyone knows the friendliest Mustang place on the web is the Mustang Collective (www.mustangcollective.​com (external link)) LOL!

5D Mark II Gripped | 24-105L | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | 430EX | G16

fishingjts
984 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Sep 10, 2008 15:28 |  #7

gdusek84 wrote in post #6280433 (external link)
Nice looking ride bro. If you're looking at a power adder then scrub the procharger idea, you're better of going with a turbo set up.

EDIT: If you don't have a mustang forum to post at you can visit www.dfwstangs.net (external link) or www.stangnet.com (external link). Both are great forums for information. I'm over on dfwstangs.net and there are multiple guys with turbo'ed mustangs. It's a bit of a rough crowd at first but overall they're great guys/gals.

Agreed... turbo!!! LOL!

5D Mark II Gripped | 24-105L | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | 430EX | G16

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 10, 2008 18:36 |  #8

gdusek84 wrote in post #6280433 (external link)

I'm on tons of Mustang Forums... LOL

Vndcatr
353 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 10, 2008 19:41 |  #9

Sounds like a beast man !!... I think it could use some warming in post processing ...I see some shades of blue

7D I 30D I 17-40L I 70-200 F4L I 10-22 I 15-85 I 100 F2.8 I 28-135 I 430EX II
"Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen"

CubsAngel
214 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Sep 10, 2008 19:49 |  #10

Beautiful car! Nice shots too, I really like the last one.

sponsored links

4,448 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photos: My 1996 Mustang GT (Money Pit)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.