Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
Thread started 29 Sep 2008 (Monday) 12:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Old Joint Stock

ingouk
54 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Sep 29, 2008 12:51 |  #1

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2898709839_b494da8a66_o.jpg

Its a pub in Birmingham UK. looks like it was a bank or so before.

done via photomatix and photoshop

camera: canon 5D with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

sponsored links
3Honu
Goldmember
1,092 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 29, 2008 13:01 |  #2

I think the fence posts and spikes are distracting. Can you get on the other side of the fence and do a wide angle of just the front of the building?

2 Samuel 9:7-8, "So David said to him, “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father’s sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your grandfather; and you shall eat bread at my table continually.” Then he bowed himself, and said, “What is your servant, that you should look upon such a dead dog as I?”

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,880 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 29, 2008 13:04 |  #3

The scene has enormous potential, but that iron fence...

Mitch- ____...^.^...____
My Microscope Stuff (external link)
Gear List, My You Tube (external link)
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

Kronie
Goldmember
2,183 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 29, 2008 13:56 |  #4

I agree with the others, that fence has to go. Do you have a hacksaw? Or a torch?

ingouk
THREAD ­ STARTER
54 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Sep 29, 2008 14:01 |  #5

no hacksaw, no torch either. will try to get a show the next days from the other side of the fence.

zacker
Cream of the Crop
6,006 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Sep 29, 2008 19:31 |  #6

i love the detail, theres so much to look at..lol esp the creepy faces above the windows...

http://www.theanimalha​ven.com (external link)
My Facebook, Friend me If you want!http://www.facebook.co​m/brokenfencephotograp​hy (external link)

http://www.facebook.co​m/theanimalhaven?ref=t​s (external link)

Oneslowz28
621 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 30, 2008 04:14 |  #7

Would love to see one with out the fence. A quick tip. When shooting a scene with leaves that close I find it much easier to shoot 1 raw and process the several exposures from it as to avoid the blurring of leaves from their movement.

60D, 50 f/1.8 Metal Mount, 28-135 IS. Lost a 1D Mk III, and several L's in a home fire last summer.

sponsored links

1,317 views & 0 likes for this thread
The Old Joint Stock
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.