Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 23 Sep 2008 (Tuesday) 16:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Get off my lazy butt and share part 4 of 4

victorov90
126 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 27, 2008 16:51 |  #31

Awesome set Lloyd, as usual!
How do you like using the D700? After not getting what I wanted from the new 5d(AF is still the same) I am thinking to compliment my Mark III with Nikon d700, or switch the system all together. So, how is D700 comparing to your other bodies?

Victor Saidov
Seattle Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links
leninglass
Goldmember
1,581 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 27, 2008 18:06 |  #32

You did a great job! I love the feel of the first one =) Soft blue has a warm feel to it

Canon 5D Mark III x2 - 14mm Mark II f/2.8 L II - 24 L II - 35mm f/1.4 L - 50mm f/1.2 L II - 70-200 f/2.8 L II IS - 100L Macro - 600EX-RT x3
Lenin Glass - One of Oklahoma's Premier Wedding Photographers (external link)

deeeez
521 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 27, 2008 18:08 |  #33

Loyd, love the homepage background picture. Stunning!!

I would love to know your workflow...
Aperture, lightroom?

Love this forum, even though I shoot with dark side. :D
Haibert B.

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 28, 2008 18:05 |  #34

victorov90 wrote in post #6571606 (external link)
Awesome set Lloyd, as usual!
How do you like using the D700? After not getting what I wanted from the new 5d(AF is still the same) I am thinking to compliment my Mark III with Nikon d700, or switch the system all together. So, how is D700 comparing to your other bodies?

I've been waiting anxiously for the 5D2. I was so sure they would put a pro grade focusing system in it, since the D300 had it, and later on, so did the D700. Well, they didn't do that. In fact, Canon said themselves they just took the existing 3 year AF system and plopped it into the 5D2. I was so heartbroken! I picked up the D700 when it came out and planned to switch to the 5D2 when it came out. Now I am forgetting about the 5D2 and keeping the D700. I would rather invest in some Nikon lenses rather than buy the 5D2; it was such a disappointment.

The focusing system is superb on the D700. The AF point placement can only be described as excellent. A total contrast to the 5D series. It's an AWESOME camera but I still do prefer the 1-series over it. I would certainly not drop all my gear to move to Nikon because I don't think Nikon is certainly ahead in the game in the pro arena... the playing field is pretty level now so a full switch would be unwise in my opinion. But I certainly would use them BOTH!!! :)

The 1D and D700 are quite comparable. If I had to have only one, I'd still pick the mark III. There really isn't anything to gain by jumping ship either way at this time.

deeeez wrote in post #6571493 (external link)
wonderful photos... :) any camera you do not own at this point? LOL :)

EDIT:

I just checked out your blog, dude you have talent!!!

deeeez wrote in post #6572158 (external link)
Loyd, love the homepage background picture. Stunning!!

I would love to know your workflow...
Aperture, lightroom?

thanks for the nice words dood. And yes, the camera which I do not own (nor have any interest in) is the 5D. For the reasons above. ;)

I use Lightroom 1.3. Only very select images get CS2 love. (Yes, I'm still on CS2. It serves my needs so I have no reason to upgrade) I played with LR2 for a couple minutes and liked what I saw, but I'm not dying to upgrade. I'll probably upgrade to LR2 after I finish my last wedding of the year.

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

mrsblondie
33 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 28, 2008 22:58 |  #35

I seriously love your style. You are a very talented photographer. As a fellow Albertan if you ever decided to do a seminar or lesson I would definetly be there!

Cameras: 40D,40D,10D all Gripped
Lenses: Canon 17-55mm: f2.8 IS / Canon 70-200: F2.8 / Canon 17-85mm: f4 / Sigma 24-70mm: f2.8 / Tamron 28-200mm: f3.8-5.6
And a bunch of other goodies

yuriyo923
Goldmember
2,284 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 29, 2008 00:13 |  #36

Hey, I saved few images from your site to print them and use as reference for posing during my weddings ( as a cheatsheet ), hope you dont mind :)

I'm gonna print them on regular 8.5x11 sheet, few pics on a page and make a little booklet!

Canon 5D2 ~ 40D + 17-50mm in da booth!
www.seattleboothrental​.com (external link)

victorov90
126 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 29, 2008 01:14 as a reply to  @ picturecrazy's post |  #37

Thanks for your insight Lloyd, your opinion regarded highly in my book!
I ordered the Nikon d700 and 24-70, can't wait to see. The only thing I like more about mark3 is the ability to shoot iso 50, very helpful when you need that right shutter speed to use your flash.
Thanks again, your work is awesome!

Victor Saidov
Seattle Wedding Photographer (external link)

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 30, 2008 20:30 |  #38

mrsblondie wrote in post #6581505 (external link)
I seriously love your style. You are a very talented photographer. As a fellow Albertan if you ever decided to do a seminar or lesson I would definetly be there!

what part of alberta are you in? Are you in Edmonton?

yuriyo923 wrote in post #6581845 (external link)
Hey, I saved few images from your site to print them and use as reference for posing during my weddings ( as a cheatsheet ), hope you dont mind :)

I'm gonna print them on regular 8.5x11 sheet, few pics on a page and make a little booklet!

that's fine I guess. :lol:

victorov90 wrote in post #6582060 (external link)
Thanks for your insight Lloyd, your opinion regarded highly in my book!
I ordered the Nikon d700 and 24-70, can't wait to see. The only thing I like more about mark3 is the ability to shoot iso 50, very helpful when you need that right shutter speed to use your flash.
Thanks again, your work is awesome!

Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll love it. It's nice that Nikon is actually capable of producing a 24-70 2.8 that can actually focus correctly. I'm considering ditching my 24-70L for the Nikkor 24-70.
ISO 50 is nice I suppose, but you can always just overexpose one stop and pull it back in RAW editing. I mean, that's basically what the canon cameras do, as ISO50 isn't a native ISO. And there's always ND filters!

-Lloyd
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

Svetlana
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 30, 2008 21:21 |  #39

mrsblondie wrote in post #6581505 (external link)

I will join, too!!! :lol:

Canon 7D, 5Dmk2, 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS, Canon 50 1.2L, 35 1.4L, 85 1.8, Canon 16-35L, Canon 100 2.8L IS Macro, Speedlight 580EX II x 2, 430 EX, enthusiasm.:D http://svetlanayanova.​com/ (external link)

Join me on Facebook (external link)! :)

korsan
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 27, 2008 11:41 |  #40

Svetlana wrote in post #6595035 (external link)
I will join, too!!! :lol:

Make that 3!

Tawcan
Goldmember
2,679 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Nov 27, 2008 12:21 |  #41

Wow amazing pics. I really like your sepia work. Could you share how you convert it?

I really like the expression in #1 but like someone pointed out it's a little bit washed out.

boblai.com (external link) |Facebook Fanpage (external link) | Flickr (external link)

picturecrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 28, 2008 10:43 |  #42

The sepias are all done in Lightroom using the Split Toning sliders. I just played with them until I found something that I liked. Try it, it's fun! :)

-Lloyd

Subimatt
522 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 28, 2008 12:01 |  #43

awesome shots!

5D2 x3,5Dc,60D,40D,16-35LII,24-70L,70-200L 2.8IS,15 FE,24LII,35L,45TSE,50Lx2,85LII,100L Macro,135L,580exII x5
BLOG (external link)
WEBSITE (external link)
Facebook! (external link)

sponsored links

7,902 views & 0 likes for this thread
Get off my lazy butt and share part 4 of 4
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.