Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 29 Oct 2008 (Wednesday) 09:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CS4 Or Not

canon ­ shooter
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,242 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 30, 2008 08:53 |  #16

ssim wrote in post #6588590 (external link)
My answer is the same as my response in the last thread you started asking about CS4.

Link

Sorry, was just trying to get an update since more people are not looking and maybe changing their minds???
PS I love that lens, what MM is it

Jim

5D Mark III Grip, 40D Grip, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24-105 F4L IS, Canon 70-200 IS II F2.8L, Canon 100-400L, Canon 50 F1.4, Canon 100 F2.8, Canon 580 EX
It's the Glass that Counts!

sponsored links
cfcRebel
Cream of the Crop
10,252 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 30, 2008 09:06 |  #17

gmitchel850 wrote in post #6585730 (external link)
It sounds like you use the sharpening tools. That's good to hear. I think you'll like the new versions even better. You'll have to look for them at the new site: www.thelightsright.com (external link) (I just split the two URLs, that's all.)

I started using the scripts since version 1.0 for Photoshop CS. Been following the updates. Now at version 2.0. All great stuff, Mitch. Just posted a note in the Yahoo group. Thanks for all the efforts.

Fee

Canon | SIGMA | TAMRON | Kenko | Amvona

joe445
541 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 30, 2008 09:38 as a reply to  @ cfcRebel's post |  #18

I been using CS4 for 2 days, if I had to do over I would have waited for a patch before I purchased. I was running CS2. It was a lot faster. After tweaking performance settings in CS4 it does launch faster than CS2. But it is slower in drawing. I'm running xp with a 7800 GTX geforce. When enabling with OpenGl it did help a little.

Canon 5D Mark II w/BG-E6 grip--CanonEF 24-105mm f4 L IS-

JTS
45 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 30, 2008 11:04 |  #19

I'm still using CS2 on a MAC. It's time to upgrade. I use bridge a lot and I'm wondering if that is still part of CS4, or does Lightroom replace that function?
Jack

[SIZE=1]Jack Syer
Canon 20D
Canon 1Ds MK II
Lots of glass, some "L"
Epson Pro 3800 printer

joe445
541 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 30, 2008 11:39 |  #20

JTS wrote in post #6591319 (external link)
I'm still using CS2 on a MAC. It's time to upgrade. I use bridge a lot and I'm wondering if that is still part of CS4, or does Lightroom replace that function?
Jack

Yes, bridge is included in CS4. The new bridge version is faster and better than CS2 version

Canon 5D Mark II w/BG-E6 grip--CanonEF 24-105mm f4 L IS-

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 30, 2008 15:26 |  #21

cfcRebel wrote in post #6590592 (external link)
Thanks for all the efforts.

Quoted for truth.

Very nice scripts.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Galaxy99
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 30, 2008 16:01 |  #22

will check out the scripts..

Gear List

eyelookok2blindgurls
111 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 30, 2008 20:55 |  #23

I have just ordered cs4 & lightroom two , I have been using cs2 , it will be interesting to compare the difference between cs2 & cs4

:confused:The only rule is there are no rules:confused:sometimes I am a little more than mildy offensive:confused:

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
10,884 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Oct 31, 2008 13:45 |  #24

canon shooter wrote in post #6590521 (external link)
PS I love that lens, what MM is it

600 f/4 L IS

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery (external link) | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

gmitchel850
279 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 31, 2008 15:45 |  #25

cfcRebel wrote in post #6590592 (external link)
I started using the scripts since version 1.0 for Photoshop CS. Been following the updates. Now at version 2.0. All great stuff, Mitch. Just posted a note in the Yahoo group. Thanks for all the efforts.

Cool. I just added a new sharpener. Your comments were the stimulus.

I couldn't get the updates done overnight, but I could create a new TLR Portrait Sharpener. It's he most sophisticated sharpening action that I've shared to date.

http://www.thelightsri​ght.com/node/82 (external link)

You gave me the friendly nudge. Thanks. Enjoy!

Mitch

http://www.thelightsri​ght.com (external link)
http://www.thelightsri​ghtstudio.com (external link)

_smc_
75 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 31, 2008 16:22 as a reply to  @ gmitchel850's post |  #26

Photoshop CS4 64-bit is much faster on my 8GB system than CS3 was. Unfortunatly plug-ins do not work in 64-bit version.

www.n-images.net (external link)

mids1999
122 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Nov 01, 2008 08:08 as a reply to  @ _smc_'s post |  #27

I am not going to upgrade to CS4 until they get the bugs worked out.

I borrowed a friend's disk and installed Photoshop cs4 as a trial and it was way too laggy for me.

My PC is pretty strong. (4 gigs of ram, two 500 GB hard drives, a quad core Q6600 cpu, HD4850 video card.) and it was still very laggy.

All drivers were the latest versions, I tried all kinds of different settings under the performance tab to no benefit so I will be looking for a patch that fixes this but until then I will not upgrade.

On the other hand cs3 performes great for me.

gmitchel850
279 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 01, 2008 09:53 |  #28

See what you started, cfcRebel?

The TLR Portrait Sharpener has been downloaded over 400 times since Thu.

I wrote a new creative sharpener this morning that's targeted for landscapes. This one has three USM sharpening effects. USM for light and dark pixels with the dark pixels getting more aggressive settings followed by a round of local contrast enhancement (LCE) to reduce haze and give your landscapes some extra POP.

Enjoy!

http://www.thelightsri​ght.com/TLRLandscapeSh​arpener (external link)

Cheers,

Mitch

http://www.thelightsri​ght.com (external link)
http://www.thelightsri​ghtstudio.com (external link)

cfcRebel
Cream of the Crop
10,252 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 02, 2008 22:39 |  #29

gmitchel850 wrote in post #6602894 (external link)
See what you started, cfcRebel?

The TLR Portrait Sharpener has been downloaded over 400 times since Thu.

I wrote a new creative sharpener this morning that's targeted for landscapes. This one has three USM sharpening effects. USM for light and dark pixels with the dark pixels getting more aggressive settings followed by a round of local contrast enhancement (LCE) to reduce haze and give your landscapes some extra POP.

Enjoy!

http://www.thelightsri​ght.com/TLRLandscapeSh​arpener (external link)

Cheers,

Mitch

Awesome Mitch! Will give that a shot. Also, if you happen to create a TLR Wildlife/Birlife Sharpener action I would love to try too, expecially if the sharpening only targets the subject's surface and not the OOF background. Currently with the TLR Sharpening Toolkit, I have to erase the sharpening effect on the OOF area for all Capture, Creative, and Web scripts.

Fee

Canon | SIGMA | TAMRON | Kenko | Amvona

endlessdream
212 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 13, 2008 16:58 as a reply to  @ cfcRebel's post |  #30

Do any of you download Photoshop for free? I don't know anyone personally that has actually bought a computer program, so I'm asking.

sponsored links

3,951 views & 0 likes for this thread
CS4 Or Not
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.