Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 31 Oct 2008 (Friday) 19:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is there any way to turn the 5D mark II to...

osv
173 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 02, 2008 17:25 |  #16

gooble wrote in post #6606834 (external link)
The whole point of using video on a DSLR is to get the great narrow DOF and bokeh with DSLR lenses, which will rival anything you can get on any camcorder.

at the expense of being stuck with an un-motorized lens that will not hold focus throughout the zoom range, like a real video camera lens does.

newown, you'd better do some testing of your own before spending the big bucks... if you have any need for professional zoom capability, the current incarnation of the 5d would probably be the wrong choice.

Media Technology, Cameras & Photos (external link)

sponsored links
gooble
Goldmember
3,149 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 03, 2008 00:16 |  #17

NewOwn wrote in post #6607401 (external link)
It is quite big! is it expensive?
actually, Canon should add this feature [QVIDEO autofoucs = on/off] which I think it is much useful instead of nothing!
there is still some time til the 5D release, why don't they add it?

See for yourself: http://shopping.netsui​te.com …981/sc.2/catego​ry.1789/.f (external link)

They start at $2000 and go up. You could probably spend easily $3000-4000 once you get all the bells and whistles.

But let's say you spend $2700 on the camera, $3000 on a rig then $3000-$4000 for a couple zoom lenses or a couple primes or a zoom and a prime your still paying less or close to the price for the the top Canon HD cam.

NewOwn
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 03, 2008 04:41 as a reply to  @ gooble's post |  #18

Yes you are right. If I want a good video results and many features, I should get a camcorder then. but I was thinking about getting two features in one camera :p "greedy" lol.
I want to get Canon 5D Mark II first then I will get a camcorder after few months....

Zepher
Goldmember
1,626 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Nov 03, 2008 09:01 |  #19

You are supposed to shoot with manual focus with a camcorder.
A lot of consumer camcorders lack manual focus or the control for manual focus is hard to use, like on my cheap Panasonic miniDV camera that I mount in my car for auto-x.

Manny Desantos
Intel C2Q Q6600 3.06Ghz, 8GB Ram, 8.1TB, XFX HD5850, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, PS CS4 EXT (external link)

Canon 40D, EF 28-70L, 2x Canon XH-A1 HDV, Canon HV30 HDV
❶_______________

hitmanh
136 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Nov 03, 2008 09:13 |  #20

osv wrote in post #6610508 (external link)
at the expense of being stuck with an un-motorized lens that will not hold focus throughout the zoom range, like a real video camera lens does.

Depends on what you do, for me, primes rule.

"In Photography, as in all arts, the quality of the human imagination is the only thing that counts - technique, and technical proficiency, mean nothing in themselves." CLARENCE JOHN LAUGHLIN
www.hitmanh.com (external link)
40D and some luck

yf920
34 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 03, 2008 20:33 |  #21

love the background music

sponsored links

2,993 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is there any way to turn the 5D mark II to...
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.