Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 06 Nov 2008 (Thursday) 00:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

my most recent shoot..

ByTheBrooke
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 06, 2008 00:02 |  #1

Taken of my 17 month old son. Taken with my 40D 28-90 5.6.

All shot with natural lighting (3 open bay windows) and on camera flash diffused with white tissue paper.

1/125 5.6 50mm ISO 400

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i201.photobucke​t.com …2008/Nate101720​08-5-1.jpg (external link)

http://i201.photobucke​t.com …08/Nate10172008​-5SC-2.jpg (external link)

1/250 6.7 28mm ISO 250

http://i201.photobucke​t.com …008/Nate1017200​8-37-1.jpg (external link)

1/250 6.7 28mm ISO 250

http://i201.photobucke​t.com …2008/Nate101720​08-9-1.jpg (external link)

the 28mm was necessary for longer length shots due to space restraints LOL. I aim to shoot at 50mm whenever possible. There are LOTS more here (external link)
I'm still learning quite a bit concerning lighting. I know what looks good, but struggle to put it together while chasing him down! I'm taking the NYIP courses at the moment, and enjoying reading alot here and learning :) Always open to cc :) I do realize there are quite a few shadows, and am slowly playing/learning to avoid those :) Any tips on that with what I have available (which for now is just the on board flash and natural lighting until I can get my hands on an affordable flash) is greatly appreciated :)

Brooke
Gripped 7D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4, Canon 100 2.8mm Macro, etc etc.... I just love to shoot!

sponsored links
Kissa
770 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 06, 2008 07:27 |  #2

number 3 is my fave :D

number one and 2 are great and i love the selective coloring i just thing the eyes are a little bit too much. They eyes don't look natural anymore

Katerina.
KNE STUDIO
Photography for all your needs...
www.knestudio.com

ByTheBrooke
THREAD ­ STARTER
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 06, 2008 12:41 |  #3

Didn't change anything on the eyes, those are 100% natural :) I only do layer SC-don't add anything that wasn't in the original shot, they just stand out a lot more against the b&w. Those type edits are always a matter of personal preference though :) That shot looks AMAZING on metallic paper :) (to me/my family anyway!) Thanks for the feedback!

Brooke
Gripped 7D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4, Canon 100 2.8mm Macro, etc etc.... I just love to shoot!

AndreaBFS
Goldmember
1,345 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 06, 2008 15:59 |  #4

Unfortunately, the flash really didn't work for you on the first 2. The saturation is emphasizing the harshness of the light. The light on the 3rd and 4th looks a lot better. Try to get him out of the center, too. :)

FocalPrincess
Cream of the Crop
8,223 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 06, 2008 23:43 |  #5

Ah, I don't have to pick at you about the diaper!!! Have to say, for that reason, #3 is my favorite. The first two look...overprocessed possibly? In the last 2, if you want to remove the wrinkles from the background (which I had to do for quite a while as well) is to use the dodge tool in ps, set to highlights. Should take them right out for you.

Blog (external link) | Galleries (external link)http://www.dbimpressio​ns.com (external link) "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the
gift is nothing without work." ~ Emile Zola

ByTheBrooke
THREAD ­ STARTER
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 08, 2008 03:21 |  #6

DoodleBunz wrote in post #6639526 (external link)
Ah, I don't have to pick at you about the diaper!!! Have to say, for that reason, #3 is my favorite. The first two look...overprocessed possibly? In the last 2, if you want to remove the wrinkles from the background (which I had to do for quite a while as well) is to use the dodge tool in ps, set to highlights. Should take them right out for you.

yeah, that first shot was slightly underexposed, so I did over process a tad-have just been too lazy to go back to the original and change it :)
Thanks for that idea on the wrinkles.I never would've thought of doing it that way! PS'ing is still my biggest weakness! And yay for another CD'er :) They make for some awful cute shots, don't they?! Add some babylegs, and oh my!

Brooke

sponsored links

1,508 views & 0 likes for this thread
my most recent shoot..
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.