Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 10 Nov 2008 (Monday) 10:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New Photography TV Network?

RyanMerrill
120 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 10, 2008 10:21 |  #1

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't know where else to post it.

I just came across something on a new photography TV network. Anybody know anything about this? Will it be like a regular TV Network? I found a couple posts from other photographers about it but not much info.

Here's their website www.thephotographynetw​ork.tv (external link)

West Palm Beach Wedding and Corporate Photography
http://www.RyanMerrill​Photography.com (external link)
Click the link to view my portfolio

sponsored links
Aaagogo
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 10, 2008 13:15 |  #2

there's something similar already by Ed Pierce, PhotoVision, paid subscription based.

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=4655753&pos​tcount=953 Your 1st 10,000 images are your worst
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style

Just ­ Be
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 10, 2008 13:43 as a reply to  @ Aaagogo's post |  #3

Thank you so much for posting this.

6D, 60D, Various L and non-L Lenses and more gear than I have time to use. ;)

RyanMerrill
THREAD ­ STARTER
120 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 10, 2008 14:27 |  #4

Aaagogo wrote in post #6659896 (external link)
there's something similar already by Ed Pierce, PhotoVision, paid subscription based.

I can't find anything about photovision, do you have any links for it?

Just Be wrote in post #6660078 (external link)
Thank you so much for posting this.

Who was this directed to?

Does anybody know anything about The Photography Network? From what I've read, it seems to be a bunch of photographers that got together to create a tv network kinda like HGTV but for photographers. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to it.

jacuff
Goldmember
2,581 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 10, 2008 15:31 |  #5

RyanMerrill wrote in post #6660327 (external link)
I can't find anything about photovision, do you have any links for it?

http://www.photovision​video.com/ (external link)

Just subscribe to the Photo Vision website (free) and you can get a years subscription to the educational DVDs for $35. They come out bi-monthly and are about 2 hours long each. Well worth the $35.

Gear, Feedback (eBay (external link)), Web (external link), Blog (external link), FB (external link), Twitter (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 10, 2008 15:32 |  #6

RyanMerrill wrote in post #6660327 (external link)
Does anybody know anything about The Photography Network? From what I've read, it seems to be a bunch of photographers that got together to create a tv network kinda like HGTV but for photographers. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to it.

My take: it won't be on television per se...

The only connection is that they have chosen a .tv domain but it's gonna be web based.

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

RyanMerrill
THREAD ­ STARTER
120 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 11, 2008 07:53 |  #7

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #6660687 (external link)
My take: it won't be on television per se...

The only connection is that they have chosen a .tv domain but it's gonna be web based.

That's why I'm trying to find somebody that knows more about it. From what I've read, it looks like they're trying to make it a regular cable tv network. Can't remember where I saw that though.

It makes sense to me, almost everybody in the world is at least interested in photography. Why not make a cable network based on it. They have one for home & garden shows.

RyanMerrill
THREAD ­ STARTER
120 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 11, 2008 07:57 |  #8

jacuff wrote in post #6660677 (external link)
http://www.photovision​video.com/ (external link)

Just subscribe to the Photo Vision website (free) and you can get a years subscription to the educational DVDs for $35. They come out bi-monthly and are about 2 hours long each. Well worth the $35.

Oh, yeah I did see this but it's not the same at all. It's just a bunch of training DVD's. There are tons of other places to get training DVD's. IMO, a tv network would be a lot more impressive if it actually came to fruition.

Medic1
Goldmember
1,308 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Nov 17, 2008 07:52 |  #9

I saw something about this as well recently, and from what I read it seems like its supposed to be a special interest channel. I read a quote somewhere from one of the co-founders that said "think food network but for photography". Whether its web based or not I couldn't say, but it would be nice if it was a television network.....

It also said it was due to start late Nov. of this year....

Gear List

Al ­ Heline
35 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 17, 2008 12:35 |  #10

There is a series on one of our local PBS stations here in Chicago (WTTW) that does a photo show by Art Wolfe called "Travels to The Edge (external link)" in which he, as a professional photographer, does some photo-log type shots and tells how he gets the results that he does. On the photographic side, he is somewhat subtle. If you are not into photography, what he says could float right over your head. If you are keyed in on what he is saying and what he is shooting, you can learn from him. He also, as a professional photographer has a site where he sells his books, prints, classes, etc., but I for one will wait for the next series show. Excellent photography. It is not a "network" but a series... Wouldn't mind a Photo Network though. Never too old to learn.

Al
Canon 60D Meike gripped / Canon S5 IS - Canon EFS 17-55mm f/2.8, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM, Canon EFS 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6, 430 EX Speedlight

sponsored links

3,454 views & 0 likes for this thread
New Photography TV Network?
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.