Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Jul 2005 (Tuesday) 15:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links (only for non-logged)

POTN SHOP OPEN -=Hats! Shirts! Vests! and MORE!=-

this thread is locked
bonzl
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Aug 01, 2005 13:43 |  #61

Vest Arrived in York Uk today. Great guys, thanks for all your trouble.

PaulEY
346 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Aug 01, 2005 13:49 |  #62

I am very tempted to get one of the combat vests, what would be the delivery time here to the UK?

cfcRebel
Cream of the Crop
10,252 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 01, 2005 21:37 |  #63

Hi guys, i'm very interested in the vest but i was wondering if anyone orders the Camo version. If yes, can u post a picture of it? I'd really appreciate it. :)

Fee

Canon | SIGMA | TAMRON | Kenko | Amvona

pcasciola
POTN SHOPKEEPER
3,130 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Aug 01, 2005 21:53 as a reply to  @ post 690148 |  #64

acidhouse wrote:
Are the patches Iron on or do I need to warn the hospital about sewing injuries ?

Warn the hospital. ;)

Philip Casciola
Pro Camera Gear (external link) - POTN Shop (external link)
Canon 7D, EF 50/1.8, EF 85/1.8, EF 300/4L IS, EF-S 18-55, Tamron 28-75/2.8, EF 70-200/2.8L IS
Sigma 1.4x & 2x, Tamron 1.4x, Gitzo 2220 Explorer, 322RC2 grip

pcasciola
POTN SHOPKEEPER
3,130 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Aug 01, 2005 21:59 as a reply to  @ PaulEY's post |  #65

PaulEY wrote:
I am very tempted to get one of the combat vests, what would be the delivery time here to the UK?

Seems to be under a week delivery to the UK typically, provided it's one that we have on hand. The Khaki Combat and Safari Vests are in stock in most sizes, the black vests are at the embroiderer's shop now, and there are some Camo vests on the way in which won't be ready to ship for about two weeks.

Philip Casciola
Canon 7D, EF 50/1.8, EF 85/1.8, EF 300/4L IS, EF-S 18-55, Tamron 28-75/2.8, EF 70-200/2.8L IS

PaulEY
346 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Aug 02, 2005 06:41 |  #66

Well that swayed me and I have taken the plunge and ordered a Khaki Combat Vest in medium, hopefully it wil arrive in time for me to take it to Germany to the Nurburgring.

cfcRebel
Cream of the Crop
10,252 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 07, 2005 13:46 |  #67

Just received my Combat vest yesterday. The color matches the new Timberland hiking boots that i just bought. :D Now only i can say i'm fully armored to entrer the Yellowstone NP.
Many thanks to our man - Phil, and everybody who makes this happen. Solute to y'all!

Fee

Canon | SIGMA | TAMRON | Kenko | Amvona

Chris1le
891 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Aug 11, 2005 20:20 as a reply to  @ cfcRebel's post |  #68

How are these vests sized? I used a tape measure and came to 44" around my chest. that would put me at small. I'm 6'5" and 250lbs. I haven't worn a small anything since I was in preschool! :lol: All my jackets are XXLT or 3XLT. I don't want it to be to loose. Will the XXL work for me? :confused:

My Pictures (external link) : My Gear (external link)
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage

pcasciola
POTN SHOPKEEPER
3,130 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Aug 11, 2005 21:09 as a reply to  @ Chris1le's post |  #69

Chris1le wrote:
How are these vests sized? I used a tape measure and came to 44" around my chest. that would put me at small. I'm 6'5" and 250lbs. I haven't worn a small anything since I was in preschool! :lol: All my jackets are XXLT or 3XLT. I don't want it to be to loose. Will the XXL work for me? :confused:

Measure with the tape all the way up on your chest, while taking a deep breath. As long as it is somewhere between 46-52", I "think" an XL Safari Vest would actually work instead of the XXL because they run a little long compared to the Combat vests. I'm 5'11" and the XL hangs down at least 5-6" below my belt, so even for you it should be 1-2" below your belt. Too bad my 6'6" neighbor moved or I'd have him try one on. They definitely run at least one size larger than stated to allow extra room for equipment. If you need to exchange it, you only need to pay the round trip shipping.

Philip Casciola

Az2Africa
Goldmember
3,481 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 16, 2005 06:56 as a reply to  @ pcasciola's post |  #70

I would love to order one of these vests. However I am still wiating for the strap they said was shipped on June 12th! Since all questions about it's whereabouts have gone unanswered, I quess I'll keep waiting.:(
I'm off to Africa for a month as of Oct 1st. Maybe the strap will be here when I get back. I don't really need the strap or the vest as I have a couple of each. Just wanted the purchase and donation to support this excellent forum. I'd still like to see it though.
T.L.Haney

"If you're not living on the edge. You're taking up too much room !"
My Gear Arizona's POTN Flickr Gallery (external link)

pcasciola
POTN SHOPKEEPER
3,130 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Aug 16, 2005 07:32 as a reply to  @ Az2Africa's post |  #71

Az2Africa wrote:
Since all questions about it's whereabouts have gone unanswered, I quess I'll keep waiting.
T.L.Haney

I haven't received any emails or PMs regarding this.

I did send an email to your qwest email address on 7/21 to let you know the strap was returned as undeliverable but I haven't received any replies. I will forward the details via PM.

Philip Casciola

PaulEY
346 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Aug 17, 2005 04:12 |  #72

I received my vest yesterday and I am very very pleased with it, fits a treat and has more than enough pockets for everything I carry about :)

Az2Africa
Goldmember
3,481 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 17, 2005 21:38 as a reply to  @ PaulEY's post |  #73

Many thanks to Phil for sorting out my missing strap. The problem turned out to be the address on my end.:o He is reshipping it at no charge. I will definately be ordering a vest now!!

T.L. Haney

"If you're not living on the edge. You're taking up too much room !"
My Gear Arizona's POTN Flickr Gallery (external link)

Rob612
Goldmember
2,459 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 17, 2005 23:58 |  #74

Got my vest a few days ago but only had time to try it on field yesterday. Just great, much better that my old fishing one, with bigger pockets. Heck, I even tried to fit the 100-400 and the 70-200 in a couple of pockets and they just did. No hoods and with some effort but they did. Not that I am even thinking about carrying both those big guys always in the pockets (makes the vest definitely heavy) but if needed, I know it can be done. Lovely.

pcasciola
POTN SHOPKEEPER
3,130 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Sep 14, 2005 09:53 as a reply to  @ Rob612's post |  #75

I finally got around to adding the caps, golf shirt and a nice Columbia Sportswear hat to the shop. The first order will be placed next Monday, so any orders received this week will be part of the first batch. The only item I do not have yet is the black golf shirt with red trim, which I thought would be a good alternative since the red trim will match the logo.

IMAGE: http://www.casciola.com/pics/newstuff.jpg

We now have a decent inventory of vests, too, so most sizes of Khaki and Black in the Safari and Combat vests are on hand now, even though some combinations still say special order. Eventually, I will update the ordering page so it's tied into our inventory.

There are also a couple of new Op/Tech items that we are having customized that will be unique to POTN, too. The Op/Tech grip strap and tripod/monopod leg wraps. I'll be starting a poll soon to see which of these are feasible, since the minimum order is 50 of each.

Click here for the POTN shop (external link)

Philip Casciola

sponsored links (only for non-logged)

237,148 views & 1 like for this thread, 171 members have posted to it.
POTN SHOP OPEN -=Hats! Shirts! Vests! and MORE!=-
FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Forums   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset   •  Home

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.