Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 18th Official Leisurely and Erudite Discussion for TPBM (18)

this thread is locked
JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 25, 2008 15:26 as a reply to  @ post 6943877 |  #4396

Well, I achieved some kind of a record this year. I got all the way to Christmas without seeing a Chia Pet or Clapper commercial on television... :shock:

John

sponsored links
Permagrin
High Priestess of all I survey
77,915 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 25, 2008 15:31 |  #4397

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #6941770 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

see it's sorta the same

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

.. It's Permie's world, we just live in it! ~CDS

poppie ­ guy
I'm Sid. Don't be hatin' my hats.
13,870 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 25, 2008 15:43 |  #4398

That looks like a happy clan to me! Happy Holidays to you!:D

JWright
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 25, 2008 15:47 as a reply to  @ poppie guy's post |  #4399

Nice card! Merry Christmas, Dan, Lisa and Kona...

John

asolie
Pigeon Queen
4,941 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Dec 25, 2008 15:51 |  #4400

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #6937751 (external link)
Have a good Christmas Eve, friends!

Those are good!!!!

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #6941164 (external link)
LOTRR: Funny, but Creepy
IMAGE NOT FOUND
| Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

:lol: Bwahahaha!!! That's great!

short5 wrote in post #6941202 (external link)
Leyla's first response after laughing was "he could make a lot of money. He should send those to the New Yorker. You know I am your total fan boy but honestly you are as good and better than anything out there. Really talented professional toonage. bw!

JWright wrote in post #6941289 (external link)
Dan's comic strips are way better than a lot of the ones in our local paper...

^ditto! I concur! :D

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #6941641 (external link)
Ah, Christmas. It means so many things to each of us. Snippets of memories that are hanging on the refrigerators of our minds. There, by the handle, is the snapshot of when we were eight and we received that one toy that we've always wanted. And over there, sharing the magnet with the year's tide tables, is the crayon drawing of when we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the Day. Up on top, on the freezer door, are the shots we have of when we had kids at home, those quiet moments on Christmas Eve when the kids were in bed and we were scrambling to get the rest of the presents under the tree. Photos of the kids as they realized what was beneath the wrapping paper and cardboard.

Oddly enough, I don't really remember many of the gifts. Some I do, like the BB gun or the Tonka truck, but mostly, I don't recall each present that I received. Those things that I do recall are the people that were there. Dad with his annual bottle of Wild Turkey and his ever present Swiss Army knife, ready to conquer any taped box or stubborn ribbon. Mom's smile. My sister's looks that we traded that spoke of the most perfect day EVER. The looks of contentment on the faces of grandparents. Sheer joy on the faces of my kids.

I remember the people. I remember the people in the midst of controlled chaos. I remember the faces, the things said, the hugs, the gazes into one another's soul.

Christmas isn't about gifts or things. We always say that, to the point that it becomes common and we arrive to the Day somewhat desensitized. Regardless, Christmas isn't about stuff. It has a lot to do about people. You, me, family, friends. Friends we've met, friends whose faces we've never seen.

You. Me.

Thanks for putting another cherished photo on the fridge of my brain.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too!

short5 wrote in post #6941668 (external link)
Christmas 2008
QUOTED IMAGE

Awww, that's awesome!

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #6941770 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Cool card!

neil_r wrote in post #6942503 (external link)
And that gets absolutely no arguments from me "Truly AWESOME!"

Woolburr wrote in post #6942522 (external link)
OMG...Neil said the A word....it must be Christmas!!!

:lol:

Permagrin wrote in post #6944209 (external link)

see it's sorta the same

That looks good!

Merry Christmas folks!! :mrgreen:

--ALyssa :cool:
Gear List ~ Blog (external link) ~ Smugmug (external link)
Photographs are records of life. Pity they don't make music when you put them in a record player. :p

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Dec 25, 2008 16:32 as a reply to  @ asolie's post |  #4401

Woolburr wrote in post #6943271 (external link)
My Christmas present was a very generous donation to the Salvation Army. Knowing that someone less fortunate will have a nice day today is all the gift I could ever need. Congrats on the CPL Deb...they are a great addition to any kit!

belmondo wrote in post #6943323 (external link)
We had a similar Christmas. There is an absolutely lovely family here who does a lot of work for us. They support a number of people both here and in Mexico, and they work very, very hard. We sent a bunch of things over to them a couple months ago, and told them to keep whatever they wanted. The remainder was sold at a garage sale with the understanding we would split the proceeds. I think she generated about $1,200.00, so we told her to keep it all.

We didn't exchange presents this year, but why would we? We have so much.

gjl711 wrote in post #6943376 (external link)
This year we decided that instead of gifts to one another we as a family would go down to work in the shelter for a 4 four shift. My boys were a bit hesitant about the whole thing but all went well and they though that it was the best gift they had ever given. They are still talking about it and we went a few days ago.

BTW, they are getting some gifts anyway, but nothing big in the Gil household this year.

You all rock.

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #6943558 (external link)
I did get one gift I love.

Perfect:lol:

JWright wrote in post #6943725 (external link)
I thought that since Jim showed his new T-shirt, I'd show the ones Heather and I were given by one of the members of our club. I just threw them into the scanner, rather than take shots of us wearing them. Heather's at work...Appropriate, isn't it?

Love them:D

This new LT has Vista installed, I'll be asking questions. The first thing is when I hit the MQ button it immediately takes me to the reply screen. How do I make it stop doing that?

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

JWright
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 25, 2008 17:07 |  #4402

Becky N wrote in post #6944377 (external link)
This new LT has Vista installed, I'll be asking questions. The first thing is when I hit the MQ button it immediately takes me to the reply screen. How do I make it stop doing that?

That's weird. Mine doesn't do that... The multi-quote button works normally for me and I have Vista on this machine.

John

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Dec 25, 2008 17:16 |  #4403

JWright wrote in post #6944478 (external link)
That's weird. Mine doesn't do that... The multi-quote button works normally for me and I have Vista on this machine.

Curt suggested I change to Firefox, we've always used IE.

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

cylentka
I didn't do it!!!
10,133 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Dec 25, 2008 17:19 |  #4404

Merry Christmas everyone! Here is a little hello from Allie and Twink:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i4.photobucket.​com …lentka/christma​seve08.jpg (external link)

Dashing out now!

Wanda
[SIZE=1]--A photo is worth a thousand words. But sometimes its just incoherent babbling. ;)
Gear: Nothing I use anymore... :confused:

asolie
Pigeon Queen
4,941 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Dec 25, 2008 17:23 |  #4405

cylentka wrote in post #6944514 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

Dashing out now!

Awww! Cute photo! Merry Christmas!!

--ALyssa :cool:
Gear List ~ Blog (external link) ~ Smugmug (external link)
Photographs are records of life. Pity they don't make music when you put them in a record player. :p

JWright
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 25, 2008 17:30 as a reply to  @ asolie's post |  #4406

Becky N wrote in post #6944504 (external link)

I don't use Firefox. As long as IE does what I want it to, I can't see installing it.

John

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Dec 25, 2008 17:35 |  #4407

cylentka wrote in post #6944514 (external link)

Thanks Wanda, good to see you, Merry Christmas to you and yours, also.

JWright wrote in post #6944549 (external link)
I don't use Firefox. As long as IE does what I want it to, I can't see installing it.

That is how I feel, but I don't like this particular challenge, it does save the quote when I hit the back arrow, but; it is a bit of a pain.

Woolburr
Rest in peace old friend.
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Dec 25, 2008 17:42 |  #4408

Becky N wrote in post #6944504 (external link)

That would certainly be the first thing I did....Firefox doesn't do the bizarre stuff IE is always trying to do. Not to mention all the security issues with IE.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,705 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 25, 2008 17:53 |  #4409

I'm a long time FF user and though IE has caught up a lot, I'm just so comfortable with FF now that I prefer it. I only use IE when it's install patches time.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Woolburr
Rest in peace old friend.
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Dec 25, 2008 17:56 |  #4410

gjl711 wrote in post #6944633 (external link)
I'm a long time FF user and though IE has caught up a lot, I'm just so comfortable with FF now that I prefer it. I only use IE when it's install patches time.

That's what I like about Vista....don't even need it for that.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

sponsored links

500,393 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 18th Official Leisurely and Erudite Discussion for TPBM (18)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.