Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 20 Dec 2008 (Saturday) 02:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Feedback on Logos

shoryuken
38 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 20, 2008 02:37 |  #1

Hey guys, I've whipped up a few variations of a logo I want to use on my website, business cards and possibly as a watermark. I want to market myself as "Jeff Kwok Photography"

Which one do you guys like the most? I kinda like the simplicity of just the "JK" without photography, however, I'm not sure if it will send out the message that the product of "JK" is the photograph itself. (for example, I don't want people to think JK is the brand of clothing that the person in the photo is wearing)

I currently am using the bottom right one as my logo on my temporary site, while the bottom left as a watermark/logo on the photos. Maybe mixing it up a bit is fine too?

My temp. site is up at www.jeffkwok.com (external link), let me know what you guys think!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
ChristinaRk
68 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 20, 2008 08:09 |  #2

Well, my personal preference is the style of the 3 bottom ones. The top "thicker" lined ones are not as appealing to me. As for using "photography", try using the font in the middle one (which is my preference) instead. It works better with your logo. The curent font on the ones that just say "photography" is akward to me. My favorite is the middle one overall.

tracknut
Goldmember
1,740 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Dec 20, 2008 13:12 |  #3

I'm on the same page, like the logo with more lines, and the serif font in the center. Perhaps you might try putting "photography" below "Jeff Kwok" if you want the logo tightened up a bit.

Dave

Performance/sport dog photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)
"Always available to shoot your dog"

sf1
Goldmember
2,021 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Dec 20, 2008 18:46 |  #4

Bottom right does it for me. I would like to see less fade on the bottom 2 lines just to make out the JK better. Nice job.

Canon 5DII, Canon 1D Mark II N
Canon 24-70 mm f/2.8 L, Canon 85 mm f/1.8, Canon 70 -200 mm f/2.8 IS L, Canon 400 mm f/5.6 L, Canon 50 mm f/1.4, Manfrotto 055XPROB & 488 RC2
Canon Speedlites 580 EX, 430 EX II & 3 PW II, iMac I7, MacBook Pro, Aperture 3, CS5

songexe
372 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 20, 2008 19:15 |  #5

I agree with the comments above: the style of the bottom three looks nicer than the top two.

I think the middle would work well for some kind of website header with the bottom right as a possible business card and watermark logo.

Canon XSi | 18-55 IS | 85/1.8 | Manfrotto 790B

BasherXt
192 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 26, 2008 09:04 |  #6

I like the bottom right more than the others, however it has something of a 1980's era and reminds me of IBM. What would it look like just as a gradient from red, fading to black with no spaces?

http://heatware.com/ev​al.php?id=43191 (external link)

Paul ­ J ­ McCain
512 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 26, 2008 09:21 |  #7

I see you are using Adobe Garamond Pro. Great font, I use it myself a bit! :)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

My vote is for bottom right.

GEAR LIST

SHANGHAi
257 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Dec 27, 2008 19:01 |  #8

I like the one in the middle because the JK is hard to read and it's written out for you so that it's not confusing. I might tweak it a little because right now it's really long. I would put the text underneath the graphic.

http://www.liang-shi.com (external link)

blondn6ft
27 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 27, 2008 19:34 |  #9

tracknut wrote in post #6915571 (external link)
I'm on the same page, like the logo with more lines, and the serif font in the center. Perhaps you might try putting "photography" below "Jeff Kwok" if you want the logo tightened up a bit.

Dave

I agree ... I like the look of this middle one but maybe adding "photography" or even a website addy or catch line

* * Robin * *
Canon 50D ~ 28-135 ~ 50 1.4
http://www.robinsbirds​eyeview.com (external link)

EOS ­ MAN1
655 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 05, 2009 21:44 |  #10

I like the bottom right. I would make the lines in the JK thinner and closer together. The font in photography is thin, I think making the lines smaller will compliment that. Nice idea. I haven't seen anyone with a log like that yet.

BERNARD BRZEZINSKI
- Photography & Consulting Services
- http://www.bernardbrze​zinski.comexternal link | contact: nfo@bernardbrzezinski.​com

TheChemist
258 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 06, 2009 04:59 |  #11

the serif font doesn't work at all for me. mirroring comments that favor the lower renditions of JK, with the bottom left being the strongest. you havent found a solution for "photography" that doesnt detract from your logo, and honestly im not sure you need one.

http://www.kevinedward​.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/picturemonger/ (external link)

shoryuken
THREAD ­ STARTER
38 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 06, 2009 22:50 |  #12

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Yeah, i'm still not too too satified about the "photography" and its font with the JK logo. I'll give a shot at thinning the lines on JK to see if it matches better.

TheChemist
258 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 07, 2009 02:03 |  #13

Also, I would make sure that each of the horizontal lines is the same width.

http://www.kevinedward​.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/picturemonger/ (external link)

cryforashadow
321 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 07, 2009 06:18 |  #14

I like the first one. [on the left]

TRM
597 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 07, 2009 07:10 |  #15

bottom right for most uses and i would probably use the center image with your full name for introduction pages, business cards and contact information you embed into portfolios.

my photo blog - blog (external link) | my flickr (external link) page | my gear list - shtuff

sponsored links

1,462 views & 0 likes for this thread
Feedback on Logos
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.