Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 14 Aug 2008 (Thursday) 22:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CALIFORNIA Meet Up #6: Fall 2008

Citizensmith
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,386 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 30, 2008 18:09 |  #391

Someone needs to start a #7 thread for the welcome back Berlotti meet up. :)

My POTN Gallery, Complete gear list,
Tradition - Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

sponsored links
Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,171 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 30, 2008 18:16 |  #392

Berlotti Photography wrote in post #6972357 (external link)
Well I just set foot back into the good ol US of A!!! I am on the east coast and leaving for home tomorrow (31st) I am definitely down for a get together as long as the wife releases herself as my backpack by then. (sure is nice to have a decent internet connection again)

We are glad you are back safe and sound!!!!

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 30, 2008 18:28 |  #393

Maureen Souza wrote in post #6919533 (external link)
Skip and i seriously discussing coming.... if the weather is decent (no storms) we will be there!

If the winds are right (and sales pick up as they usually do) we just might be up for this one too...

Well I just set foot back into the good ol US of A!!! I am on the east coast and leaving for home tomorrow (31st) I am definitely down for a get together as long as the wife releases herself as my backpack by then. (sure is nice to have a decent internet connection again)

Yippie!! welcome home!! Lompoc hasn't changed, unfortunately... ;) We still have Mayor Dick...here he is from the Flower Festival this year, tan as ever of course but as always getting into the spirit of the thing:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Looks as if he might have had one Funnel cake too many... ;)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Seriously, glad you made it back safe and sound... :D

PS: Not as if your better-half hasn't told ya but the weather was around 65-68F today but the nights have been in the mid 30's...basically normal yet no fog or anything. Just a nice quiet day without the sun turned up to extra-crispy... ;)

Real men shoot Pentax because we're born with our own Canon's!!
{Ok...ok, some of use just have a PnS but it it always makes me happy! :D}
Pentax K5, K20D, Three Amigos (Pentax FA 31/1.8 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 43/1.9 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 77/1.8 Limited Silver), Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited, Sigma 24-60/2.8

JBerlotti
751 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 30, 2008 22:14 |  #394

Thanks everyone :D This feels like when I got off the plane here in Baltimore. There were people lined up for about 50 yards cheering us on, and high fiving us all. Was pretty cool to get a welcome home to the States that way. I shot a picture of it but came to realize when I got to my hotel that I never put my flash card back in the camera when I shot the crew that replaced me. :o LoL I will just use the traveling and excitement to go home as my excuse.

LoL Breck. I will probably be out there in a snow suit at 30s. I was so used to 140s and 130s when the temp went down there (freakin overnight too) I was out there in the 50s with a jacket, beanie, and gloves. LoL I felt so stupid being bundled up in that weather. Cant wait to get back though.

~ Joseph ~ Gear List/Feedback ~ My Website (external link) ~ My MM Account (external link)

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 30, 2008 22:36 |  #395

Berlotti Photography wrote in post #6973988 (external link)
Thanks everyone :D This feels like when I got off the plane here in Baltimore. There were people lined up for about 50 yards cheering us on, and high fiving us all. Was pretty cool to get a welcome home to the States that way. I shot a picture of it but came to realize when I got to my hotel that I never put my flash card back in the camera when I shot the crew that replaced me. :o LoL I will just use the traveling and excitement to go home as my excuse.

That is seriously GREAT to read...not the missed shot but the fact people were there to greet everyone with an enthuiastic welcome home!! But bummer about the missed photo opp! Maybe one of your buds got a shot to share with you.

LoL Breck. I will probably be out there in a snow suit at 30s. I was so used to 140s and 130s when the temp went down there (freakin overnight too) I was out there in the 50s with a jacket, beanie, and gloves. LoL I felt so stupid being bundled up in that weather. Cant wait to get back though.

hahaha...I was sort of chuckling about those 130-140F temps when i wrote it...I cannot imagine 140F weather...I have been in the San Joaquin Valley with temps in the 120s for 20-consecutive days but 140F...ZOIKES!!! We at least had AC and beer...when I moved back here I felt COLD and I grew up in this weather and anyway, not like it is cold here but I was freezing for the first couple months!! You might just need that parka!!  :p

Have fun on the reunion with the family and hope we meet some day at one of the Gatherings!

Pentax K5, K20D, Three Amigos (Pentax FA 31/1.8 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 43/1.9 Limited Silver, Pentax FA 77/1.8 Limited Silver), Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited, Sigma 24-60/2.8

brecklundin
Goldmember
2,179 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 30, 2008 22:38 |  #396

ps: you know it's been a looooong trip when someone is happy to be back in BALTIMORE...I bet even Cleveland would be a happy site!

Calicajun
Goldmember
2,929 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 30, 2008 23:30 as a reply to  @ brecklundin's post |  #397

Welcome back and thanks for the service you gave to us all.

Remember, Stressed spelled backward is Desserts.:)
Suggestions welcome.
5DIII, EF 50 1.4, EF 40 f2.8, EF 24-105L IS , EF 70-200 f4L IS, 580EX ll

Killjoy
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 31, 2008 00:54 |  #398

Yes, Welcome Back and Thanks. :D

Some people hunt with a gun. I use a Canon.
My Smugmug (external link) page
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

greg20d
Typo King
1,972 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 31, 2008 08:52 |  #399

welcome home ...glad to hear you are back

40D,10d,G10,70-200Lf4is,17-55is

RogerAylstock
797 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 31, 2008 10:06 as a reply to  @ greg20d's post |  #400

Welcome home and thanks for your service!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i94.photobucket​.com …vette/smilies/p​atriot.gif (external link)

Roger
Canon 7D, Canon 24-105 F4L, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ISL, Canon EF-S 10-22mm, Canon 50mm 1.4,
Sigma 105mm DG Macro, Canon 1.4x Teleextender, Canon 580EX II Flash.
VintageCreekPhotograph​y (external link) Facebook (external link)

JBerlotti
751 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 31, 2008 20:46 |  #401

I am officially home!!! Tired as can be after about 8000 miles in the air, but content none the less. Thank again all for the well wishes.

~ Joseph ~ Gear List/Feedback ~ My Website (external link) ~ My MM Account (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,171 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 06, 2009 16:13 |  #402

Looks like I have to work Monday Feb. 2nd so Yosemite will not be happening for me this time around......

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,167 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 06, 2009 18:20 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #403

That's too bad. Doesn't look like anyone else is up for that weekend either. I took the snow boots and snow gear out of the attic and dusted them off. I also ordered a B+W CP filter for my new EF 16-35mm f/2.8 II lens. So as long as there are no blizzards, I'll be there taking pictures.

Tim

RogerAylstock
797 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 07, 2009 13:52 as a reply to  @ Timphoto's post |  #404

I went down there on Friday and Saturday. Got rained out on Friday but this was one of my better ones from Saturday. The rain on Friday knocked most of the snow off the trees. I was at the Tunnel View at dawn and it was 24 with a good wind blowing. Cold!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.

http://i94.photobucket​.com …ette/IMG_1603_4​_5_sv2.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Roger
Canon 7D, Canon 24-105 F4L, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ISL, Canon EF-S 10-22mm, Canon 50mm 1.4,
Sigma 105mm DG Macro, Canon 1.4x Teleextender, Canon 580EX II Flash.
VintageCreekPhotograph​y (external link) Facebook (external link)

on ­ da ­ move
128 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 07, 2009 14:02 |  #405

RamjetVette wrote in post #7025280 (external link)
I went down there on Friday and Saturday. Got rained out on Friday but this was one of my better ones from Saturday. The rain on Friday knocked most of the snow off the trees. I was at the Tunnel View at dawn and it was 24 with a good wind blowing. Cold!

IMAGE NOT FOUND PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.

http://i94.photobucket​.com …ette/IMG_1603_4​_5_sv2.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Beautiful shot!

Willy

sponsored links

35,035 views & 1 like for this thread
CALIFORNIA Meet Up #6: Fall 2008
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.