Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 09 Sep 2008 (Tuesday) 07:31
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "What is you occupation"
Photography of some sort - please state in thread
13.7%
I.T - please state in thread
26.6%
Other - please state in thread
59.8%

1818 voters, 1864 votes given (any choice choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What is your real occupation?

northpointphoto
754 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 04, 2009 20:21 |  #586

Emergency Medical Technician (I work on an ambulance)

Russell
Russell Tracy Photography (external link) |LIGHTING SETUPS AND DIAGRAMS
Think Tank Photo Affiliate (external link) | Sports Shooter Profile (external link)

sponsored links
Paul ­ J ­ McCain
512 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 04, 2009 20:25 |  #587

Right now at age 19, I own Diode Dynamics, LLC, an online automotive parts business.

My plans are to graduate Truman State, where I am now, with a double in business and economics, and either go to law school or jump in the business world.

GEAR LIST

TerryLP
65 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 04, 2009 20:40 as a reply to  @ Paul J McCain's post |  #588

I am retired now. I had twenty-eight years in law enforcement. During that time I was an Evidence Technician, a Traffic Homicide Detective, and a Hostage Negotiator. I took crime scene photographs while doing these jobs. Now I like to shoot things that are still living.

Canon EOS 40D and Stuff

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 04, 2009 20:41 |  #589

cjs83 wrote in post #7004862 (external link)
I'm an engineer working on Army aviation trainers, Apaches to be precise.

Do they use three-axis, Level D sims for the Apache?

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

GeologyROCKS
430 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 04, 2009 20:46 |  #590

I'm in IT in the medical field (Hospital). I pretty much do it all though (phone networks, IT calls, repairs, database, server maint., web design and maintenance, etc.) as we are only a 6 person department so we're spread pretty thin.

5dMKII x2 l 1dMKiv l 35L l 70-200 f/2.8 IS L l 17-55 2.8 IS l 50mm 1.2 l 85L l 135L l 300mm 2.8 l 400mm f/4 580ex II l 430ex II x2l Manfrotto Tripod & Head

SquareOne
641 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2009 09:57 |  #591

TerryLP wrote in post #7005097 (external link)
I am retired now. I had twenty-eight years in law enforcement. During that time I was an Evidence Technician, a Traffic Homicide Detective, and a Hostage Negotiator. I took crime scene photographs while doing these jobs. Now I like to shoot things that are still living.

So you were like the guys on CSI that take tons of photos. I always catch myself checking out their cameras and flashes! lol. I guess in CSI Vegas they primarily shoot Canon, and CSI NY primarily shoots Nikon. I guess if someone watches CSI Miami we can see who get's 2 out of 3!

MandaSue78
31 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 06, 2009 10:00 |  #592

I was military for awhile, then I had kids....so I'm a stay at home mom attempting to finish school(photography associates).....I should be done this year!.....and hopefully I can get work at a studio as an assistant or something before I try branching out on my own....

Park ­ Street
113 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 06, 2009 11:09 as a reply to  @ MandaSue78's post |  #593

I've been a professional photographer for twenty years now. Started doing most of my work for textbook publishers. I've now done quite a variety of different work. When we had a creative book here my ad said "Anything but wars and weddings." I now do primarily architecture and corporate with some editorial work thrown in.

I didn't notice many working photographers had responded... Are they rare here?

Park Street
Austin TX
http://www.parkstreets​.com (external link)

Park Street - It Really Is My Name!
http://www.parkstreetp​hotography.com (external link)

DrPablo
Goldmember
1,568 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 06, 2009 11:15 |  #594

Physician, I practice hospital medicine and pediatric infectious diseases; I'm a full time faculty member of a major medical school.

Canon 5D Mark IV, 24-105L II, 17 TS-E f/4L, MPE 65, Sigma 50 f/1.4, Sigma 85 f/1.4, 100 f/2.8L, 135 f/2L, 70-200 f/4L, 400 L
Film gear: Agfa 8x10, Cambo 4x5, Noblex 150, Hasselblad 500 C/M

z06photo
24 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 06, 2009 14:18 |  #595

Damn..got to post 478 and knew i was gonna be the first or what I did, but then 479 came along.

although not residential, own an alarm company. fire, security, sound, pa, etc. really burned out on it though. someone else said full time adult babysitter...and that sums it up.

good to meet you all.

Vangunda
49 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 06, 2009 14:36 |  #596

I was a Photojournalist... until the paper decided they didnt need the newest hired guy on staff anymore.. Damn budget cuts. :(

So now I'm back to freelancing.

One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

justincase724
Goldmember
1,400 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 06, 2009 16:49 |  #597

z06photo wrote in post #7017343 (external link)
someone else said full time adult babysitter...and that sums it up.

Seriously! I'm working in electrical construction (on the management side of it) and sometimes I swear it's like a day care for adults! It's amazing some of these guys can even dress themselves in the morning!

FLICKr (external link) GEAR

TerryLP
65 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 06, 2009 21:02 |  #598

SquareOne wrote in post #7015729 (external link)
So you were like the guys on CSI that take tons of photos. I always catch myself checking out their cameras and flashes! lol. I guess in CSI Vegas they primarily shoot Canon, and CSI NY primarily shoots Nikon. I guess if someone watches CSI Miami we can see who get's 2 out of 3!

Ha Ha, CSI on television is nothing like real life. My first camera was an old Graflex Camera. It used 2 1/4" film and flash bulbs. Every setting was totally was manual. We improved a lot over the years, but don't believe eveything that you see on television.

Canon EOS 40D and Stuff

mutau052
535 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 07, 2009 12:39 |  #599

Engineering technician, for chesapeake energy, based in Oklahoma city.

6D w/ BG-13, 40D w/ BG-E2N, Canon 50mm f/1.8ii, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L USM, Canon 430 EXii

www.thebwlife.com (external link)

http://thebwlife.wordp​ress.com (external link)

shadowcat
855 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jan 07, 2009 12:56 |  #600

auto worker

Canon 5D MK2 with grip,7D w/grip,G1x,300mm 2.8is, 35 1.4L, 24-70 2.8II, 85 1.8, 70-200L 2.8 is, 100L macro, 2x& 1.4 tele, canon pro9000 printer, 600ex-rt,580ex 2 flash, macro flash
my photo's http://s335.photobucke​t.com/albums/m476/oneb​adkitty1969/ (external link)

sponsored links

210,266 views & 15 likes for this thread
What is your real occupation?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.