Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 04 Jan 2009 (Sunday) 23:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First Wedding results

LeoChanPhotography
348 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 05, 2009 10:33 |  #16

jay's got some very helpful feedback... :) helps train the eye and i found it useful even for myself to bear in mind!

i think you did a great job for your first wedding! :)

sponsored links
dsc_1972
458 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 05, 2009 12:58 |  #17

First wedding? They are awesome! Love the under-pier shots best but all in all a cracking set. Well done!

Dave
flickr (external link)

Kiddo
Goldmember
2,243 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 05, 2009 13:39 |  #18

These look great!! I think that you did an excellent job with them...

http://www.tanyaeveret​tphotography.com/ (external link)
http://tanyaeverettpho​tography.blogspot.com/ (external link)

Canon 30D, Canon 10D, Canon SXi, Canon EFS 18-55mm Lens, Canon EF 28-80mm Lens, Canon 75-300mm EF Lens, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8LUSM Lens, Speedlite 540EZ

Roperta
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 05, 2009 15:00 as a reply to  @ post 7008458 |  #19

I love #6,7 and 8. I like #5 too, I would love to see a little more of the bride in 5, but the posing and the rest is very good! Well done!

fridayphunnies
157 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 05, 2009 17:04 |  #20

I don't think Jayspec is having a bad day , think he is always that grumpy. :-) . Sorry Jayspec. Some nice shots , look like a fun day was had.

dou_b_14
955 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 05, 2009 18:18 |  #21

i really like all of them a lot. Very nice.

Canon 5d w/grip / canon 7d/ canon G1X/ 24-70mm 2.8 L/ 17-40mm L/ 50mm 1.4/(2)580ex/ pw's (3) /st-e2/ (2)cp-e3 battery pack/ abr800/ vagabond 2/ calumet genesis 200w(2)/

pprice
Goldmember
1,714 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 06, 2009 03:08 |  #22

I like them. I also like jayspec's C&C. I may not agree with it, but if I had posted the pictures, I would like someone to be honest and shoot strait with me :) .

1D MKIII 16-35 2.8L MKII 24-70 2.8L 70-200 2.8L [COLOR=black]IS 300 2.8L IS (few others) Bunch of AB lighting
Southern by the grace of God

BJWOK
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,220 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 06, 2009 05:36 |  #23

thanks guys.

yep, i agree with pprice, i am not having a dig at jayspec, i have learnt from his comments. that was why i posted in the first place: to learn. thanks for all the comments folks :)

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

ejicon
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 06, 2009 15:21 |  #24

I really like the look and feel of #6

5D & 30D| Canon 16-35ii f/2.8 L USM| Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF 100 f/ 2.8 Macro USM

Tomi ­ Hawk
Goldmember
1,701 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 08, 2009 18:22 as a reply to  @ post 7008458 |  #25

Wow Jayspec .. pretty harsh on the subject of the beer bottle on the 5th image?
I too always think it's a great idea to put down beverages, however, in this case it works!

I think he did a great job for his first ever wedding .. matter a fact, the image in question
sorta has an HDR look to it. That's also a + for this shot .. I thnk for what it is .. it worked great!

Lighten up on the guy lol .. I'm sure your first wedding was nominated by WPPI for all kinds of awards!
Then again ............. perhaps not. Using all caps is not something taken lightly either!

Geeesh .. I think you did a great job BJWOK .. for your first ever attempt.

BJWOK
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,220 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 08, 2009 18:37 |  #26

thanks tomi!

i think the more concerning thing about jays original post is that he has no link to his work/portfolio for anyone to compare his talk to his walk.

jay? you got a link mate?

thanks again tomi :)

My name is Benon (BJWOK are my initials) :)
www.bjwok.com (external link) <<-- NEW LIGHTROOM CC & LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC PRESETS FOR MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS
Benon Koebsch - Photographer (external link) (Facebook)
Gives A Minute (external link) (YouTube channel)

Gix
281 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 08, 2009 19:16 as a reply to  @ BJWOK's post |  #27

All very nice. Well Done, I'm sure the B&G will love them.

collierportraits
Goldmember
1,896 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 08, 2009 20:46 |  #28

I didn't have a problem with Jayspec's comments. I did have a problem with the tone of his comments. I agree with most of what he said, but often it's not what you say, but how you say it... BJ, have you ticked him off somehow before this? Jay, try to abide by this one: "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." (I think that one is attributed to Archie Manning)

In defense of Jay, I think most of us will agree that there is a lot of mediocre work on here that is lauded as wonderful or nice, when perhaps the truth would serve us better. Now, on to the images. (Sorry, had to say all that)

Biggest complaint that I have with these images is that you need to watch your compositions much more closely. You have a lot of horizons cutting through heads and such. Not crazy about the angles on the first two either. Actually love the PP on #5, and with a bit less foreground, more background and no sailboats running into heads, it would be a great! shot. As it is, the couple will probably really like these images and they are your real critics. Hopefully, however, some of these constructive critiques will be helpful and hold you accountable for making improvements! Keep posting... (and I don't post near enough of my own work! :lol: )

Overall, great job - for your first wedding. If you were a seasoned pro, I would expect that you wouldn't make some of these glaring errors. But good job and as I said keep it up! ;)

5D3 | 16-35L | 45 TS-E | 50L | 85L | 100L | 135L | 24-70L | 70-200 II L | 580s | Zero, TT & Crumplers | and an X100! :D

USER876
Goldmember
1,616 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 08, 2009 20:58 as a reply to  @ collierportraits's post |  #29

very nice, what post processing did you do to the last 3 to obtain that look?

H2Ohta
79 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 08, 2009 22:17 |  #30

I think you did a great job!!!

By the way, I just did a search of Collierportraits posts and Jayspecs posts. Why is that you both post less than mediocre photos (3 posts combined) yet feel the need to tell everyone how it is? None of the photos that you have posted even come close to the photos that you comment on. If you don't believe me do your own search. Beach shots? Jayspec portraits? Maybe you guys should take some of your own advice.

Chris Ohta
http://chrisohta.com (external link)
www.chrisohta.blogspot​.com (external link)

sponsored links

19,668 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Wedding results
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.