Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 11 Jan 2009 (Sunday) 16:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fill Flash outdoors

Lotto
Goldmember
2,721 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 11, 2009 18:36 |  #16

You can also use the camera's custom function--Enable Safety shift in Av or Tv. The camera will automatically raise the aperture to prevent overexposure at max sync speed.

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

britt777
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 11, 2009 18:40 |  #17

Thank you so much for all the examples and suggestions. I will start with using the High-Speed Sync. Shoot shoot shoot. Play play play....lol

Brittany
www.shutterprophotogra​phy.com (external link)

DDCSD
GIVIN' GOOD KARMA
13,313 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 11, 2009 18:45 |  #18

TMR Design wrote in post #7054552 (external link)
I did read it Curtis, and I responded accordingly. My first statement about the shot being underexposed was in response to the reply indicating the shot was properly exposed. Then I went on to describe how to use flash to correctly expose the shot.

Do you really think that the half of the dog and most of the shot that is not completely in shadow is that terribly underexposed?

Derek
Bucketman Karma Fund
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9903477#p​ost9903477
POTN FF L2 MadTown Birds

Full Gear List & Feedback

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jan 11, 2009 19:10 as a reply to  @ DDCSD's post |  #19

Hi Derek,

No, I don't think the shot is terribly underexposed. I believe the shot is slightly underexposed but the left side of the dogs face and the left eye is underexposed to the point of being buried in shadow. A little bit of fill would bring up those areas in shadow.

Robert
RobertMitchellPhotogra​phy (external link)

rbeene
73 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 12, 2009 07:18 as a reply to  @ post 7054983 |  #20

I noticed that the first photo of the dogs was taken with the Sun directly behind them and the second had the sun to the left. The sun could be fooling your camera. I would suggest taking the comparison photos with the same setup. The only variable would be the flash.

Try manual mode with the same aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focal length for both photos to see the effect of the flash.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,322 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fill Flash outdoors
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.