Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Transportation Talk 
Thread started 21 Apr 2008 (Monday) 10:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official Automotive Rigs - DIY Thread

FLATOUT
234 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 15, 2009 15:57 |  #1186

jeremycliff wrote in post #7082280 (external link)
Its my XT kit lens with a wide angle screwed to the front from my video camear. Works perfect and is about as wide as my friends 10-22 :)

Jeremy,

You said you got 12 feet on your rig? I have a 10 foot emt pole, how can I add another 2 feet?

Thanks my Brotha!

Canon 5d Griped| 24 - 105 L | 70 - 200 L F/2.8 IS USM

sponsored links
ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 15, 2009 21:43 |  #1187

jeremycliff wrote in post #7082280 (external link)
Its my XT kit lens with a wide angle screwed to the front from my video camear. Works perfect and is about as wide as my friends 10-22 :)

That quality is pretty good considering the fact that you used the 18-55 non-is with a add-on.
Do you know exactly which add-on it is?

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

jeremycliff
370 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 15, 2009 23:12 |  #1188

FLATOUT wrote in post #7084510 (external link)
Jeremy,

You said you got 12 feet on your rig? I have a 10 foot emt pole, how can I add another 2 feet?

Thanks my Brotha!

I found 2 aluminum 6 foot poles at home depot that actually screw together. they were in the same box/area as some wooden broom stick type poles. i'd say their bout an inch and a half or so in diameter. I'm not sure how you could add more to yours but you could go buy the type of poles i have :) lol they were like 20 bucks a piece.

I shoot photos of cars.
- - -Flickr (external link) - - - JeremyCliff.com (external link) - - - ThePhotoMotive.com (external link) - - - Facebook Fan Page (external link)- - -

jeremycliff
370 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 15, 2009 23:13 |  #1189

bimmeracer3 wrote in post #7086582 (external link)
That quality is pretty good considering the fact that you used the 18-55 non-is with a add-on.
Do you know exactly which add-on it is?

yea, I'm pretty happy with it. I take a lot of pics with that set up as its my only lens besides my 75-300mm that I have. I'm not sure which wide angle it is. It came with my sony vx2100 video camera from bandhphoto.com I'll check in the morning and see if I can get a name and stuff.

I shoot photos of cars.
- - -Flickr (external link) - - - JeremyCliff.com (external link) - - - ThePhotoMotive.com (external link) - - - Facebook Fan Page (external link)- - -

FLATOUT
234 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 16, 2009 09:09 |  #1190

jeremycliff wrote in post #7087112 (external link)
I found 2 aluminum 6 foot poles at home depot that actually screw together. they were in the same box/area as some wooden broom stick type poles. i'd say their bout an inch and a half or so in diameter. I'm not sure how you could add more to yours but you could go buy the type of poles i have :) lol they were like 20 bucks a piece.

Thanks Jeremy! I might have to go and poke around today and see what I can come up with!

Good job on your snow shots BTW :)

jeremycliff
370 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 16, 2009 11:33 |  #1191

Thanks! Your Vette pic(s) are awesome too! Is that your car? If so its a beauty!

I shoot photos of cars.

FLATOUT
234 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 16, 2009 12:34 |  #1192

jeremycliff wrote in post #7089945 (external link)
Thanks! Your Vette pic(s) are awesome too! Is that your car? If so its a beauty!

Thanks Buddy Yeh it's may car. You can see it in two magazines next month.

Vette Magazine "Capitol Thrill" and Corvette Enthusiast Magazine "Wheelers Wild Ride"

Glad you like the car my Brotha!

Went to Home Depot and picked up another 10ft piece of EMT pole. Hacksawed off 3 feet and bought a set screw coupler. Just got done with it , and it is as rigid as it was before. Now I just need it to be warmer then ZERO here so I can go shoot with it!

I am shooting another Vette for the Magazine so I will post them when I am done!

Andy

jeremycliff
370 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 16, 2009 17:14 |  #1193

FLATOUT wrote in post #7090307 (external link)
Thanks Buddy Yeh it's may car. You can see it in two magazines next month.

Vette Magazine "Capitol Thrill" and Corvette Enthusiast Magazine "Wheelers Wild Ride"

Glad you like the car my Brotha!

Went to Home Depot and picked up another 10ft piece of EMT pole. Hacksawed off 3 feet and bought a set screw coupler. Just got done with it , and it is as rigid as it was before. Now I just need it to be warmer then ZERO here so I can go shoot with it!

I am shooting another Vette for the Magazine so I will post them when I am done!

Andy

Thats awesome man! congrats. 2 of my friends are on the cover and have a write up in this months Corvette Enthusiast Magazine. Their the Super Hero Vettes. Batman and Superman themed. I'll be taking a lot of pics with them this spring and some video too.

I shoot photos of cars.

CorzyPhoto
748 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 17, 2009 01:02 |  #1194

I have a shoot tomorrow with a lambo.. I'm hoping my under car rig works. I only have an hour to work with the shoot so I won't be breaking out the strobes. I just wanted to get some input from you guys for prep. I know someone here shot that white lambo with the black sharpie all over - I wonder if he tried an under car rig but I know he used pump cup.

flickr (external link)

My Site (external link) (Under Construction)

FLATOUT
234 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 17, 2009 06:45 |  #1195

jeremycliff wrote in post #7092084 (external link)
Thats awesome man! congrats. 2 of my friends are on the cover and have a write up in this months Corvette Enthusiast Magazine. Their the Super Hero Vettes. Batman and Superman themed. I'll be taking a lot of pics with them this spring and some video too.

Cool Jeremy I didn't know you knew those two cars. Yeh that turned out to be a great cover, I am sure they are happy with it. I have been freelance working for the magazine for about 6 months now and my shots are just now hitting news stands.

CorzyPhoto wrote in post #7094735 (external link)
I have a shoot tomorrow with a lambo.. I'm hoping my under car rig works. I only have an hour to work with the shoot so I won't be breaking out the strobes. I just wanted to get some input from you guys for prep. I know someone here shot that white lambo with the black sharpie all over - I wonder if he tried an under car rig but I know he used pump cup.

I certainly don't have any experience with the car, but really looking forward to the results!

Andy

jeremycliff
370 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 17, 2009 12:08 |  #1196

FLATOUT wrote in post #7095554 (external link)
Cool Jeremy I didn't know you knew those two cars. Yeh that turned out to be a great cover, I am sure they are happy with it. I have been freelance working for the magazine for about 6 months now and my shots are just now hitting news stands.

I certainly don't have any experience with the car, but really looking forward to the results!

Andy

Yep, Glen (batman) and Frank (superman). I got hooked up with the Lamborghini Club in Chicago and film and take pictures of the cruises that they do. Its a Lambo Club event but there's generally all forms of exotics and nice cars and these guys are very good friends with the lady in charge. Super nice people. Their helping me build a website in exchange for pics and videos so I'm pretty excited. We have a super hero themed video in the works now for when the weather warms up. can't wait for that!

here's the videos that their in now.
http://vimeo.com/18040​49 (external link)

http://vimeo.com/18672​11 (external link)

http://vimeo.com/19824​12 (external link)

http://vimeo.com/21538​89 (external link)

and a bunch of pics of them and the club here
http://flickr.com …f/sets/72157606​960268001/ (external link)

I'm PMing you as well with a couple questions :)

I shoot photos of cars.

Thameth
429 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 17, 2009 14:11 |  #1197

CorzyPhoto wrote in post #7094735 (external link)

The White Lambo with the black vinyl scribble all over it was a suction cup rig...

www.JosephRegner.com (external link)

jeremycliff
370 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 17, 2009 14:16 |  #1198

^^^^ Its sharpie marker :)

I shoot photos of cars.

Thameth
429 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 17, 2009 14:31 |  #1199

jeremycliff wrote in post #7097519 (external link)
^^^^ Its sharpie marker :)

Yeah but I HIGHLY doubt its on the paint, the car is more than likely covered in vinyl then drawn on with the sharpie.

www.JosephRegner.com (external link)

KillerBlackbird
288 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 17, 2009 15:30 |  #1200

I think I am going to construct a rig soon using Avenger suction cups.

What wall thickness 1" aluminum tubing are you guys using?

sponsored links

4,516,943 views & 537 likes for this thread
Official Automotive Rigs - DIY Thread
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Transportation Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.