Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 16 Jan 2009 (Friday) 23:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My first "album" - advice please...

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 17, 2009 17:41 |  #16

the next sequence:

**EDIT**(I removed the images to make room for the others below)

www.jolenestewartphoto​graphy.blogspot.com (external link)

sponsored links
capt_tast
133 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 17, 2009 17:41 |  #17

_Jo_ wrote in post #7098602 (external link)
Yep - I much prefer with the black border. I will look at removing the getting-ready images. Thanks.

Jo, I think most can stay, you're right , that is part of the story.
I would only remove the second one where she is assisting with the shoes. The one where you can see the bottom (of the shoe).

Canon 50D (Thanks Mrs. Clause)/Canon XT/Sigma 50-150mm/Sigma 105mm Macro/Sigma 10-20mm UWA/Sigma 18-200/Canon nifty fifty/Lots of other goodies.

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 17, 2009 17:48 |  #18

capt_tast wrote in post #7098613 (external link)
Jo, I think most can stay, you're right , that is part of the story.
I would only remove the second one where she is assisting with the shoes. The one where you can see the bottom (of the shoe).

ok - thank you. This is the feedback I need. I like the varying opinions. If something is niggling me and someone mentions it on here then I KNOW it's an issue. Cheers!

Yeoer
804 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 17, 2009 17:50 |  #19

capt_tast wrote in post #7098560 (external link)
I also think having the two of the putting on shoes are kind of redundant.
I would probably pick one over the other.

To be honest if you've only got 26 pages i would probably drop both as the shoe shot a little later is a very nice shot and does the job of recording what they looked like.

The other two i think would look better much smaller and less prominant. IMO you have a lot of pages covering getting ready... I find most couples (in the UK) love to see the pictures of getting ready but rarely want them in there books... they are happy with just a few images of that maybe covering a two page spread or so.

Canon 5D MarkII, 40D, 350D, EOS100, G10. Canon 24-105 F4 L, 85mm, 400mm F5.6, 50mm F1.8, 18-55mm, Sigma 10-20, 100-300mm, Canon 28-105 F3.5-F4.5, Kenko x1.4, Tubes and a bunch of Elinchrom Lights, flashes, reflectors and triggers.

jessika
61 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 17, 2009 21:37 |  #20

hi, very nice. i have used snapfish here and there. have you checked out timeless albums? www.timelessalbums.com​.au (external link) .. they do international orders. the are very good. and have heaps of sizes to.

cheers
jess

canon 40D
canon 400D
24-70mm f/2.8
50mm f/1.8
580EX speedlight

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 17, 2009 22:59 |  #21

jessika wrote in post #7099911 (external link)
hi, very nice. i have used snapfish here and there. have you checked out timeless albums? www.timelessalbums.com​.au (external link) .. they do international orders. the are very good. and have heaps of sizes to.

cheers
jess

Thanks - I will check them out.

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 17, 2009 23:01 |  #22

can I remove the first lot of pics? So I can keep uploading the rest of the album? Mods?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 17, 2009 23:04 |  #23

Does it flow? I really want to get it down to 20 pages (keep costs down as I am printing a "sample" album). What else should I remove? I will take out, so far:

*shoe shots
*chest shot

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 18, 2009 14:03 |  #24

more:

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 18, 2009 14:04 |  #25

so you see above I have 4 pages of the 'love' wall I spotted in town one day behind a building!... What would you take out of that sequence to get to 2 pages? Thanks.

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 18, 2009 14:06 |  #26

followed by:

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Yeoer
804 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 18, 2009 15:25 |  #27

Have the couple seen the images yet?

Have they given you a list of must have images to use in thier book or are you putting the book together blind at this stage and then showing them as a proof before you get printed?

Canon 5D MarkII, 40D, 350D, EOS100, G10. Canon 24-105 F4 L, 85mm, 400mm F5.6, 50mm F1.8, 18-55mm, Sigma 10-20, 100-300mm, Canon 28-105 F3.5-F4.5, Kenko x1.4, Tubes and a bunch of Elinchrom Lights, flashes, reflectors and triggers.

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 18, 2009 15:31 |  #28

Yeoer wrote in post #7104252 (external link)
Have the couple seen the images yet?

Have they given you a list of must have images to use in thier book or are you putting the book together blind at this stage and then showing them as a proof before you get printed?

This will be my sample book - a chance to view the companies product before I offer it in package. It is not a customer order, nor included in their package.

collierportraits
Goldmember
1,896 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 18, 2009 22:08 |  #29

Stop. I have to ask you a question first. You're processing these first in LR 2 and THEN processing them in Aperture 2 !?? If so, why? Just very curious as this would be helpful to me.

As to your album, try not to make it too small if it's only a sample, because then that's the size the rest of your clients will want. You sell what you show. Large albums = Larger sales... Just a thought. ;)

5D3 | 16-35L | 45 TS-E | 50L | 85L | 100L | 135L | 24-70L | 70-200 II L | 580s | Zero, TT & Crumplers | and an X100! :D

_Jo_
THREAD ­ STARTER
819 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 18, 2009 22:14 |  #30

collierportraits wrote in post #7107063 (external link)
Stop. I have to ask you a question first. You're processing these first in LR 2 and THEN processing them in Aperture 2 !?? If so, why? Just very curious as this would be helpful to me.

As to your album, try not to make it too small if it's only a sample, because then that's the size the rest of your clients will want. You sell what you show. Large albums = Larger sales... Just a thought. ;)

No - I am processing in LR2 -then designing the ALBUM using Aperture 2's album software. lol...no double processing in this house!

sponsored links

2,559 views & 0 likes for this thread
My first "album" - advice please...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.