Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Jan 2009 (Tuesday) 19:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New member; new camera

bryanlee1981
50 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 20, 2009 19:00 |  #1

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for all of the great posts here. I have always had a love for photography, but i am just recently trying to make an effort to get better at it.

I think i have a pretty good eye for photography, but my ability to actually produce the image that i see in my head is somewhat lacking. I have been doing a lot of reading here and there trying to get a little better everyday.

I just recently bought my first "nice" camera, a Canon Rebel EOS XS. I know that it pales in comparison to what a good many of you guys have here, but it will be sometime before I have the ability to push even this camera to it's limits. So far I am extremely happy with it and have taken about 400 photos today alone. I'm still playing with all of the settings and experimenting every chance I get.

Thanks again for all the great info here and I look forward to chatting with you all more in the future.

-Bryan

EOS Rebel T3i

18-55 mm IS type II f/3.5-5.6
75-300 EF-S III f/4-5.6
55-250 mm f/4-5.6

sponsored links
watson10
173 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jan 20, 2009 19:41 |  #2

Welcome to POTN!

Nothing wrong with your gear. Post some photos so we can see your work. Keep Shooting!

Tom
XTi - Kit Lens - EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS - 50mm 1.8 - Speedlite 430 EX - Manfrotto 055xprob w/ Manfrotto 488RC2 - No skills

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 20, 2009 19:43 |  #3

Greetings! Take pictures, and spend some time in the various "stickies" (the threads stuck at the top of the various groups here) to get a feel of things.

And, have a great time!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

ssracer
Goldmember
1,855 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 20, 2009 20:04 |  #4

Welcome! Same camera I decided to get into DSLR with!

Just keep at it!

- Sean
my gear
my flickr (external link)

on ­ da ­ move
128 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 20, 2009 20:28 as a reply to  @ ssracer's post |  #5

Welcome to POTN!

Willy

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,477 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 20, 2009 20:33 |  #6

Welcome to the forum. No need to be apologetic about the XS, it's a great camera and can produce images just as nice as a camera costing significantly more.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

elader
Goldmember
2,374 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jan 20, 2009 20:34 |  #7

Welcome. Shoot, post, get criticized, post some more.

Eric
FJR1300 rider
5D mkIII and 1D MkIII

16-35L | 24-105L | 70-200L f/2.8IS | 85 f/1.8 / 50 f.1,4

ckort
Goldmember
1,756 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 20, 2009 20:49 as a reply to  @ elader's post |  #8

Welcome to POTN! Sit long, read much, and post often. Enjoy that new camera.

Chris

Canon EOS Rebel XSi / BG-E5 Grip / EF 17-40L / EF-S 18-55mm IS / EF-S 55-250mm IS /EF 100mm 2.8 / EF 50mm f1.8 II / 430ex II Speedlite / Slik pro 700dx tripod

sponsored links

876 views & 0 likes for this thread
New member; new camera
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.