Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 07 Jan 2009 (Wednesday) 20:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Paypal fund status "on hold-ship now"?

iceman1
467 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 09, 2009 13:05 |  #61

There is also a 2-3 day delay for getting your funds after the tracking # confirms delivery or after you receive positive feedback on eBay.

Gear & Feedback

Choosing the right LCD monitor (external link)
Zenfolio referral code: X5J-8S5-9RX
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=866503

sponsored links
Ultimate ­ CC
Goldmember
1,480 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 09, 2009 13:51 |  #62

yea i just got money sent to me and have to deal with this stupid policy

My Gear And For Sale Items
www.danhonovich.com (external link)
www.danhonovich.blogsp​ot.com (external link)

echo
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 09, 2009 17:54 |  #63

I'm finding it harder to get people to bother leaving feedback on eBay these days both as a buyer and as a seller. I always ship the same day (or next if it's paid in the evening) or pay as soon as I buy etc. So if someone can't be bothered to leave feedback you have to wait 21 days now? Jeez, kind of puts people off, well me anyway!

http://www.RecordProdu​ction.com (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/RecordProduction (external link)

Samgoit
826 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 09, 2009 18:20 |  #64

echo wrote in post #7041905 (external link)
I'm finding it harder to get people to bother leaving feedback on eBay these days both as a buyer and as a seller. I always ship the same day (or next if it's paid in the evening) or pay as soon as I buy etc. So if someone can't be bothered to leave feedback you have to wait 21 days now? Jeez, kind of puts people off, well me anyway!

Read the thread. There are ways to get the money sooner.

echo
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 14, 2009 01:47 |  #65

Typical. I just had money 'held' for an iPod I just sold. Grr. 93 feedbacks but must have done over £12,000 over 7 years.

http://www.RecordProdu​ction.com (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/RecordProduction (external link)

quack332002
THREAD ­ STARTER
61 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 19, 2009 03:33 |  #66

The verdict is in.. paypal finally released the money into my paypal account on Saturday, three days after confirmation of item being delivered. Thank you all for your insights!

7Dm2, XT, kit lens, Tam 17-50 f/2.8 non-VC, 430ex

dan ­ j
Goldmember
1,575 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 19, 2009 09:08 |  #67

Did the buyer leave you feedback?

dan

5D Mark 2/24-70L/100-400L

Tee ­ Why
"Monkey's uncle"
10,596 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jan 23, 2009 02:02 |  #68

Hmmm,
well, I wish I had read more about this before selling a camera via eBay.
Of course the camera got there 3 days ago and no feedback from the seller, so my funds are on hold still. Left a note for paypal and a reminder to the buyer to leave a feedback.

This seems like they are just protecting Paypals pockets b/c this way they can prevent against paying out for those fake ads on ebay and fake payments via paypal that they have to refund.

I guess I'll be even less inclined to sell via ebay from now on. They take a cut from ebay listing and another cut from paypal and you can't get your money back for 21 days if you are a casual seller.

Gallery: http://tomyi.smugmug.c​om/ (external link)

Grimes
Goldmember
1,323 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 24, 2009 18:09 |  #69

Hey, I just dealt with this...sold a camera on ebay, and the package was confirmed delivered, USPS. Three days later, the money was still not released. I sent them an email and they released it. What a bunch of bs. They must be making a killing with all the interest they are getting from "holding" the money.

I remember a few years ago I got some money in a class action suit against PayPal....I feel some settlement money coming my way again.... :)

Alex
5DMKII | 85 f/1.8 | 17-40L f/4 | 24-105 f/4 IS | 40 f/2.8

bobjames
255 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 24, 2009 19:28 as a reply to  @ Grimes's post |  #70

www.paypalsucks.com (external link)

quack332002
THREAD ­ STARTER
61 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 01, 2009 21:42 |  #71

dan j wrote in post #7109366 (external link)
Did the buyer leave you feedback?

dan

Buyer did not leave a feed back. Paypal released funds three days after receiving delivery confirmation from USPS.

quack332002
THREAD ­ STARTER
61 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 01, 2009 21:44 |  #72

Tee Why wrote in post #7168498 (external link)
Hmmm,
well, I wish I had read more about this before selling a camera via eBay.
Of course the camera got there 3 days ago and no feedback from the seller, so my funds are on hold still. Left a note for paypal and a reminder to the buyer to leave a feedback.

This seems like they are just protecting Paypals pockets b/c this way they can prevent against paying out for those fake ads on ebay and fake payments via paypal that they have to refund.

I guess I'll be even less inclined to sell via ebay from now on. They take a cut from ebay listing and another cut from paypal and you can't get your money back for 21 days if you are a casual seller.

Call Paypal. They released my funds into my account without feedback.

JMHPhotography
Goldmember
4,784 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 04, 2009 14:31 |  #73

Ok.. now this is ridiculous!!! I sold an item for $45.00!!! plus $5.00 S/H and they've got my money on hold! I can see trying to protect buyers for big ticket items, but this is just BULLSpit! (anyone who's ever seen Lethal Weapon on TBS, will know what I really wanted to say!)

I don't really care about the money that much, I can live without it for a long while... but I see this as a way to enable scammers to rip off sellers.

Edit:

I just got off the phone with Ebay and PayPal... of course BOTH business units wanted to throw the other under the bus for putting this policy into place... but it is a REAL policy. I think it's ludicrous that my $50 flash transmitter and receiver being sold AS-IS could be considered "HIGH RISK ELECTRONICS", but I could sell a potato chip shaped like Elvis and never hear a single complaint. What is this world coming to? Anyway... when things don't sell here on the forums, or on Craigslist... were else can I list my items?

~John

(aka forkball)
Have a peek into my Gearbag. and My flickr (external link)
editing of my photos by permission only. Thanks

Drozz119
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 04, 2009 17:36 as a reply to  @ JMHPhotography's post |  #74

There is a Loophole to get your money IMMEDIATELY!! I've done it a couple times allready.

First: Refund the buyer a small amount, I usually do $1 or $2. (Through Paypal)

Second: Specify that the Refund is: "The shipping costs were less than i anticipated"

Third: Make sure to contact the buyer, because sometimes they think it's a full refund, and a cancelled purchase. And they could possibly leave you negative feedback. They do appreciate the refund, no matter how small.

As soon as you complete the refund: The money is in your account!!

F-Paypal

ShoFilms (external link)
gear

sponsored links

4,503 views & 0 likes for this thread
Paypal fund status "on hold-ship now"?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.