Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 31 Jan 2009 (Saturday) 06:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

24-105 no longer on canon website?

hania
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 31, 2009 06:41 |  #1

Wondered why this is?

Gear List

sponsored links
gofer
Goldmember
1,548 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 31, 2009 07:35 |  #2

I've just looked and it's still there : http://www.canon.co.uk …5mm_f4_L_IS_USM​/index.asp (external link)

Steve.

Gear List

Atl-Fotos
169 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 31, 2009 08:43 |  #3

Darn, I thought my lens would increase in value....

Ron
It's all fun & games until the shutter stops working....
My Website (external link)

tigerotor77w
Goldmember
1,564 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 31, 2009 09:14 |  #4

If you were getting a page load error of some sort (i.e. the icon existed but clicking on it seemed to give a "page does not exist" message), I got that yesterday, too -- assuming it has something to do with their servers.

Photo blog (external link) | Gear

hania
THREAD ­ STARTER
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 01, 2009 03:05 |  #5

gofer wrote in post #7225694 (external link)
I've just looked and it's still there : http://www.canon.co.uk …5mm_f4_L_IS_USM​/index.asp (external link)

ah - I looked on the main uk site & then went to the zoom lenses section & couldn't find it there .

Gear List

gofer
Goldmember
1,548 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 01, 2009 03:33 as a reply to  @ hania's post |  #6

.........and have you noticed it's gone up by £129 this morning?

Steve.

Gear List

hania
THREAD ­ STARTER
919 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 01, 2009 05:15 |  #7

gofer wrote in post #7230740 (external link)
.........and have you noticed it's gone up by £129 this morning?

ouch ! I guess that means that the 5D2 cobmo will also go up in price!

I'm just trying to get my money back (via Credit Card) from a very dodgy site (computerwebstore) - and I daren't buy another until it comes through - so me thinking I've saved some money by 'buying' from them, will probably mean I've missed the boat & will have to pay a lot more in the end. Sigh.

Like has been said many times here- 'If it looks too good to be true it probably is'

Gear List

Cadwell
Cream of the Crop
7,333 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Feb 01, 2009 07:07 |  #8

hania wrote in post #7230687 (external link)
ah - I looked on the main uk site & then went to the zoom lenses section & couldn't find it there .

What you need to understand is that the Canon UK site is rubbish... there are lenses missing and lenses that they no longer make still on there. It has always been rubbish; if you want to know what's really happening go and look on some other Canon site.

Glenn
My Pictures: Motorsport (external link)/Canoe Polo (external link)/Other Stuff (external link)

Yeoer
804 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 01, 2009 15:17 |  #9

Cadwell wrote in post #7231159 (external link)
What you need to understand is that the Canon UK site is rubbish... there are lenses missing and lenses that they no longer make still on there. It has always been rubbish; if you want to know what's really happening go and look on some other Canon site.

Yeap... you have to really look for a lens that you know they make...

e.g
70-200 F2.8 IS... not there in the Zoom lens section but in the IS section... Arh i hear you cry thats because it got IS... Yeap but half the lenses in the Zoom section have IS too... :confused:

Canon 5D MarkII, 40D, 350D, EOS100, G10. Canon 24-105 F4 L, 85mm, 400mm F5.6, 50mm F1.8, 18-55mm, Sigma 10-20, 100-300mm, Canon 28-105 F3.5-F4.5, Kenko x1.4, Tubes and a bunch of Elinchrom Lights, flashes, reflectors and triggers.

sponsored links

2,110 views & 0 likes for this thread
24-105 no longer on canon website?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.