Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 27 Jan 2009 (Tuesday) 21:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Jense and Lauralee | Wedding

BrianMC
358 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 28, 2009 18:36 as a reply to  @ post 7208439 |  #16

shot number 3 is my fav.....man I gotta get one of those TS-E Lenses. I'm thinking the 45

Brian
1DS III / 2x 5DII
24L II / 35L / 16-35L II / 45 TS-E / 50L / 50 1.4 / 85L II / 135L / 70-200L IS / 100 2.8 Macro / 200L 2.8

sponsored links
cina
128 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 28, 2009 19:15 as a reply to  @ BrianMC's post |  #17

The Great Divorce: How fast are you at setting all of the tilt/shift settings when taking a shot with the lens? Also, do you hand-hold shots or are all of your TS shots on a tripod?

Any info would be great as I'm really keen to hear from someone who actually produces amazing shots from a TS.

St Clair Photography (external link)http://www.stclair-photography.com/blog (external link)

babuszka
313 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 28, 2009 21:18 |  #18

TheGreatDivorce wrote in post #7208378 (external link)
babuska, i use the 85L for a lot of stuff. the mk. II really isn't that slow. prefocusing helps a lot. if you really learn the lens, it's very capable and versatile. i really think that people who have a ton of issues just haven't learned the lens well enough. it does have limitations, but it's better than people make it out to be. all about the practice :)

Thanks a lot!!!
What was frustrating to me was that I was seeing some amazing, beautiful images with this lens, and I really was wanting to get it in the future, so when I was hearing those cons I thought, "Say it isn't so!!". I didn't want to spend so much money for one lens that would be so much trouble.

Thanks for the insight. Again, I enjoyed your images!

TheGreatDivorce
THREAD ­ STARTER
811 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 28, 2009 22:20 |  #19

Brian, when I actually get around to buying one, I think it'll be the 45. Or the 24. haha.

cina, i generally just set the tilt and leave it. mostly at full tilt. i switch it from end to end pretty quick. i find it really easy to manually focus it, too. i've honestly never even used the shift feature. can't figure out what it's for beyond architecture. and i don't even know where my tripod is ... somewhere in a closet, i suspect ;)

babuszka, you're most welcome. the 85L's a lot of work to learn to use, and it does make you work a little harder than some lenses, but the rewards are equally greater.

cina
128 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 29, 2009 21:25 as a reply to  @ TheGreatDivorce's post |  #20

Thanks for the info :D

Have you tried the 90mm TSE? I'm really struggling to decide between the 45 and 90mm. I sometimes find that with a 50mm f/1.2 that the focal length is a little limiting for close-in portraits on my 5D. But then again maybe it's better as there isn't much point in using a TS lens close in... I also heard the 90mm TSE is one of Canon's sharpest lenses... Ahh decisions...

Any thoughts from your experience with the 45mm on full frame?

St Clair Photography (external link)http://www.stclair-photography.com/blog (external link)

TheGreatDivorce
THREAD ­ STARTER
811 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 30, 2009 01:42 |  #21

I haven't tried the 90mm, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I just know that I wouldn't use it as much, personally. I like working pretty close, though, and rarely use anything longer than an 85mm (and most often a 35), so the 45 works pretty well for me. I think if you mostly think you'll be doing headshot type work with it, the 90 should be fine. Also if you prefer to work a little further back.

Hope that helps :)

Grace
something cute
7,629 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 30, 2009 02:24 |  #22

Beautiful shots!!!

- Grace -

Oliviero
409 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 31, 2009 05:19 |  #23

Great stuff! Question, did you only use existing light for the 3rd shot?

Tim ­ D.
91 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 01, 2009 21:11 |  #24

These are great. The color in the bride's eyes really jumps out at you in the first shot. Very beautiful image.

Tim Dennis Photography (external link)

david888lee
804 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 02, 2009 17:04 |  #25

woowwww great job! :]

Canon 50d | Canon Xti | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 30 f/1.4

[-=Feedback=-] [flickr] external link

SoaringUSAEagle
Daddy Of The Crop
10,814 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 05, 2009 13:07 |  #26

Ryan, you work is very nice. Well done, again and again.

5D4 | 50 1.4 | 85L II | 24-70L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

ErikM
about to go POSTAL
2,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 06, 2009 23:28 |  #27

Fantastic set Ryan... looked at the rest on your blog.. love them all.

What a beautiful bride!!!!!

Fell in love with photos.. made lots of money.. fell out of love with photos.. took a long break.. trying to find my love again.

kompakt
232 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 12, 2009 23:24 |  #28

just checked out your blog shots.

wow.. I'm simply blown away..
you have a really good eye for capturing the moments.. and setting up the moments for the total wedding photo package...

amazing!

canon 50D /18 -55.is/ 55-250.IS/ 50mm f1.8 II ( nifty fifty)/ canon 430ex speedlite/
Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 Xr Di / PSE7/ lightroom 2.0
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/32338546@N08/ (external link)

dotTif
2009 SMWYG Photog of the Year
3,257 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 13, 2009 00:49 |  #29

Those are beautiful!! I love the little girl holding the camera picture!

-Your Benevolent Duchess of Awesomeness-
Facebook (external link) | Gallery (external link)
What's Your Affliction?

sponsored links

5,959 views & 0 likes for this thread
Jense and Lauralee | Wedding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.