Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Feb 2009 (Wednesday) 17:07
Search threadPrev/next

Post your best FLAKE excuses =)

M ­ Powered
Goldmember
1,476 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 04, 2009 17:07 |  #1

Aside from the stomach flu, car accident, or father past away. I think the best flake excuse came from an MUA.

I called her the night before the shoot to confirm and she told me she can't make it because her mother is buying her a condo. ROFL...

Sometimes I'll go out of my way to attempt to book someone that I know will flake just to hear what they will say and ultimately get a good laugh :D

Canon 5D Mark III | EF 24-70 f/ 2.8 L II

http://www.keslertran.​com (external link)
http://keslertran.tumb​lr.com (external link)

Kagemaru
Goldmember
2,634 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 04, 2009 17:49 |  #2

My most recent excuse:

"Can we reschedule? I don't like driving in the rain!"

http://www.davecontrer​as.com (external link)

XpLoiT
478 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 04, 2009 17:52 |  #3

1st flake: make up artist forgot to come home work the night before apparently.
2nd flake: bought a puppy and they need attention at the moment
3rd flake: car accident that went on for ages for comedy sake i will post it.

flake model wrote:
Im going to have to cancel tomorrow as someone has hit into the front of my car while it was parked on the street in alexandria.It looks like a jeep or a big car has reversed too far back and hit into my car with a bull bar or something coz i have a dent and scratches right in the middle of my car,at the front

Ive parked in the same street before and about 2 months ago they broke into my car and smashed my windows and ended up stealing nothing but damaged my car,there was glass everywhere and i had to get it fixed the following day and because it was a saturday they charged me extra so it cost me a fortune to get it fixed

I need my car during the week so i have to go find a place tomorrow to get it repaired and im going to need them to start on my car straight away otherwise i wont have a car during the week for work:(((

Ive only ever had this problem in alexandria,i think its a bad area to park your car coz there's heaps of thugs everywhere and coz of school holidays its worse...

Im soo sorry!Im really pissed off about it but what can i do now...ill never find out who did it so now i just gotta make sure i get it fixed as quickly as possible :(

surely if it was true, u could just call or write a seriously shorter message with the ability of rescheduling.

David Reid Photography (external link)
Canon 1dx + a whole lot of stuff that sticks to the front, side and top of it

M ­ Powered
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,476 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 04, 2009 18:51 |  #4

LOL.... I've always wondered. Why do models try SO HARD? So hard to come up with a convincing flake story thinking were going to buy it? Spending 10 minutes writing a car accident story when instead a simple, "I have to cancel because I got in a car accident, thanks." Will suffice.

If the photographer is addiment on pursuing the story he will ask for details, but damn, give us some credit, were not morons. I personally don't know anyone dumb enough to believe that 99% of car accidents, family member passing away, got sick, all occur the day right before the shoot. ROFL.

Toblerone
597 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 04, 2009 19:16 |  #5

most recent one:
I'm sooooooo sorry, I hit some ice and blew a tire, had to have my fiance come tow me, cause its sunday it took forever to get the right tire, I didnt have your number in my phone, so I just got home and am shooting you a message to seriously apologize... I'd call, but outta fear of anger I'm writing this... Again I'm sorry and let me know what we should do, or if you wanna do something from here.

This is so "precious" for so many reasons:
1. I told her to make sure to program my # into her phone.
2. I kicked another girl out that day because I was expecting her ( the second girl for the day) and didn't want to start late. Just trying to be fair.
3. There was no ice on the ground that weekend!! :lol:

what a ........ yeah!!!!!!
and what's with the "fear of anger"...ohhh poor little girl, she can't behave like an adult and face the music. boo-hooooo.

:cool:http://www.modelmayhem​.com/804283 (external link)

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Feb 04, 2009 19:57 |  #6

I've only had one flake, and it's cause her sister was having a baby. Of course, I waited for an hour, beyond the time alloted...my mistake...and then she had the gall to get mad at me, for callin' her a flake.  ??? :lol:

Then, she goes and works with perhaps the weirdest photog. in history...who calls himself...and here's the kicker....'photochicor​ico' hahaha. Now, if he ain't a GWC, I don't know who is. ;)

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

doidinho
Goldmember
3,352 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 04, 2009 22:36 |  #7

Well, I'm new to MM, so I also new to flakey models. I knew something was up a few days before the shoot, so I sent her a post and left it wide open for her to back out; she said it was still on. The shoot was Sunday and I got a text at 12:AM Saturday night/Sunday morning saying that everything was a go. Needless to say she didn't show. Luckily for me the shoot was at my house and I didn't bust out one light because I still had a feeling that something wasn't right.

I got this message the next day

"I'm so sorry.. I ran into some family issues.. I do apologize sincerely.

But I'm hoping this isn't going to affect us being able to shoot in the near future."

I said "no worries, hope everything is fine with the family" and left it at that. No sense burning any bridges.

I have a shoot set up this weekend with a model I'm getting a really good vibe from; she seems really dedicated. She has been asking for shots of the location so she can coordinate her wardrobe and been messaging me just to touch base. Perhaps she has had some experience with some flakey photographers.

Robert McCadden
My Flickr (external link)
MM (external link)
5DMKII, Rebel xti, 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40.

charger912
844 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 05, 2009 15:52 |  #8

Toblerone wrote in post #7255940 (external link)
3. There was no ice on the ground that weekend!!

Oh, busted! Hangovers are the only excuse I've ever received. She knew we were supposed to go shoot the next day but still chose to get smashed at the bar the night before.

I need a catchy sig? Ehhh, I've got nothing...

www.blue-photos.com (external link)

M ­ Powered
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,476 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 06, 2009 12:52 |  #9

Heres my gift for you guys..

If a model tells you, "I'll have to see if I can get that day off from work." = 99% flake.

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,358 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 06, 2009 13:21 |  #10

I've had the "called into work" an hr before the shooting start time, and another 1/2 hr before the shoot claim "her back window on the CRV was smashed and she had to find a replacement" she still had to find the replacement 3 days later.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

XpLoiT
478 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 08, 2009 22:32 |  #11

flakes are fun, silly do they know that every tog shoots with each other and we all talk, its grand so someone flakes on you, u let your togs know and they pass on the message good models get so much work cause they are good flakes just get used and abused and ran up for rubbish shots.

alteast the list gets shorter and shorter all the time for us knowing who is good models who isnt

David Reid Photography (external link)
Canon 1dx + a whole lot of stuff that sticks to the front, side and top of it

dsmPhotoCompany
Goldmember
2,339 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 09, 2009 01:13 |  #12

Explosive diarrhea? Anyone?

www.dsmphotocompany.co​m (external link) · dsmPC Facebook (external link) · www.iclickphotography.​com (external link) · iClick Facebook (external link)
SuperShoots (external link) · ModelMayhem (external link) · Flickr (external link) · ∞500px (external link)

M ­ Powered
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,476 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 10, 2009 15:58 |  #13

XpLoiT wrote in post #7284809 (external link)
flakes are fun, silly do they know that every tog shoots with each other and we all talk, its grand so someone flakes on you, u let your togs know and they pass on the message good models get so much work cause they are good flakes just get used and abused and ran up for rubbish shots.

alteast the list gets shorter and shorter all the time for us knowing who is good models who isnt

Seriously... most models are dumb and not really serious about modeling. I favor the agency ones because they are dedicated and punctual.

I had a model that I shot a while back, several times actually. I guess it came to a point where she didn't value shooting with me anymore so she flaked on me... 3 times. Then she went on crying to friends of mine who are also photographers saying I won't talk to her no more.. boo hooo..

Just this past weekend my friends model was a no show. I warned him, but he insisted. What killed it I think was the fact that he told her to come alone, no BF or anything the night before. Her reaction was...."Oooookkaayyy..​. why?"

Kagemaru
Goldmember
2,634 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 10, 2009 16:17 |  #14

M Powered wrote in post #7297758 (external link)
I had a model that I shot a while back, several times actually. I guess it came to a point where she didn't value shooting with me anymore so she flaked on me... 3 times. Then she went on crying to friends of mine who are also photographers saying I won't talk to her no more.. boo hooo..

"

I wonder who that might be...

http://www.davecontrer​as.com (external link)

flipstyle72
Goldmember
2,318 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 10, 2009 19:48 |  #15
bannedPermanent ban

I've only ran into a few...

1. I have to study for my finals
2. I had a long weekend and tired
3. I got a new job, but i'll be there 6 hours after our original time!
4. My butt is bleeding profusely!!!

ok, #4 is made up, the others were too boring.

73,044 views & 1 like for this thread
Post your best FLAKE excuses =)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.