Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 29 Jan 2009 (Thursday) 09:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your best photo with the lens cap still on

Ry-Cam
117 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 09, 2009 19:52 |  #256

smorter wrote in post #7231530 (external link)
Wow there are some strange posts in this thread, a lot of people seem to have the wrong idea about defective pixels :(

I love it.

I wonder how many collective hours have gone into this thread. There are some beautiful images here, really fine work. Possibly enough for POTN Book 4!

Full Gear List | 5D Mark IV | 5D Classic | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 24-105 f/4L IS | 16-35 f/2.8L II | 50 f/1.8 Mk I | 2 x 580EXII | Website (external link)

sponsored links
Jpatten
Goldmember
1,211 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 09, 2009 20:03 |  #257

some of these are indeed bookworthy

Shooting with canon rebel T5 or Canon Rebel XS.
Kit 18-55mm, 18-55mm IS, Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro lens, Canon 60mm f2.8, nifty 50 and Speedlite 600EX-RT (Flash) Rokino 14mm f2.8 UltraWide
My 365 Blog http://jayrayphotos.bl​ogspot.com (external link)

stepineden
119 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 09, 2009 20:21 |  #258

tonylong wrote in post #7291146 (external link)
Just consider yourself fortunate. I've heard through the InterWebs that some covers have very small print: "Warning -- removing this cover will void your warranty"!

So what you are saying is, if I have filtered your message properly, is, this could be a plot by canon to get me to void my warranty! Hah! well they have come up against the wrong boob, I mean noob. Oh, oh, oh! that's it! I'll bet I had my filters stacked in the wrong sequence! Doh!!! (like Homer says it). Now I do feel really dim. Back to the drawing board. Youse guys are an inspiration.
You know with this thread you could probably do away with most of the rest of the POTN threads. Was that thunder I just heard?

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 09, 2009 20:48 |  #259

Great thread.

Here is my cap. I didnt know the inside of my cap was so bad ass!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Christa :)
With enough courage, you can do without a reputation. CG

ozziepuppy
Goldmember
3,286 posts
Gallery: 203 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 09, 2009 20:55 |  #260

Only if he can handle the Hot Pixels, you know.  :p

Marci
Constructive criticism always appreciated.
Gear
Pre-2018 Feedback :)

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 09, 2009 21:38 |  #261

newatthis wrote in post #7291666 (external link)
Great thread.

Here is my cap. I didnt know the inside of my cap was so bad ass!

Oh, boy, another Chuck Norris joke! My kids go around rattling off Chuck Norris jokes all the time. I can't wait to show your pic to them!!!

By the way, did you know that when Chuck Norris walks into a room, he doesn't turn on the light, he turns off the dark? Also, did you know that Chuck Norris CAN eat just one Lay's potato chip? LOL!!!

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

newatthis
500 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 09, 2009 23:15 |  #262

PicSniper wrote in post #7292006 (external link)
Oh, boy, another Chuck Norris joke! My kids go around rattling off Chuck Norris jokes all the time. I can't wait to show your pic to them!!!

By the way, did you know that when Chuck Norris walks into a room, he doesn't turn on the light, he turns off the dark? Also, did you know that Chuck Norris CAN eat just one Lay's potato chip? LOL!!!

My hubby seems to get TONS of Chuck emails. So I have grown found of Chuck showing up in odd places, like my lens cap... go figure! At least I know no one will mess with my cap.... ;)

Christa :)
With enough courage, you can do without a reputation. CG

Jpatten
Goldmember
1,211 posts
Gallery: 83 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 10, 2009 11:34 |  #263

forget the lens cap. Need a chuck norris lens. Perfect picture everytime. The images would be to scared to be OOF.

Shooting with canon rebel T5 or Canon Rebel XS.
Kit 18-55mm, 18-55mm IS, Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro lens, Canon 60mm f2.8, nifty 50 and Speedlite 600EX-RT (Flash) Rokino 14mm f2.8 UltraWide
My 365 Blog http://jayrayphotos.bl​ogspot.com (external link)

BscPhoto
625 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 10, 2009 12:29 as a reply to  @ Jpatten's post |  #264

this thread just made me retarded. (no offense to the mentally challenged, because I am one now)

•MEGAPIXELS are OVERRATED•

BSCphoto.com (external link)
Photography Blog (external link)

Tim ­ S
Goldmember
1,488 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 10, 2009 13:28 as a reply to  @ BscPhoto's post |  #265

All of the above posts...

Wow! The things we do and say to entertain ourselves. :eek:

Tim
Equipment

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 10, 2009 13:31 |  #266

BscPhoto wrote in post #7296319 (external link)
this thread just made me retarded. (no offense to the mentally challenged, because I am one now)

And now you are ready to contribute:)!

Tim S wrote in post #7296813 (external link)
Wow! The things we do and say to entertain ourselves. :eek:

Nah -- we do it just to entertain you:)!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Azi
74 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 10, 2009 15:53 |  #267

stepineden wrote in post #7290850 (external link)
I must be doing something wrong, or is it another 5d2 problem that canon is hiding?
Does anyone else have this issue. I think my shot is pretty self explanatory.
I just read a post claiming canon lenses covers were cheap compared to nikon.
You obviously have not looked into the pricing of L series lense caps. I've heard you loose one of those you may as well just go buy a whole new set up.
I have another concern I'll address in my next post. Hopefully some of you more knowlegeable gentlemen will be able to shed some light on this.

Looks like you used one of canons new secret white ultra-wide lenses with flash *inside* the lens for perfect low-light-performance! ;)

condorman
43 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 12, 2009 10:07 |  #268

If you want to expose the inside of your lens cap properly you must follow the instructions I use. Go into a closet at midnight and turn off all the lights first, otherwise you could get some light leakage that would ruin the shot. And don't forget to paint the inside of the closet black first.

Synenergy52
798 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 12, 2009 10:14 |  #269
bannedPermanent ban

they should make clear lens caps! oh wait... they do.. UV filter! So essentially what most of us use are UV filter caps. Wuhu!

"Shooting the 5D is like shooting a view camera: its a pain, but the results are why you do it." - Ken Rockwell :p

My Photo Blog (external link)

5D| 17-40L | 50 1.4 | 430EX | SD780 IS P&S

Cadenza
440 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Feb 13, 2009 00:22 |  #270

Am I alone in thinking that the hilarity of this thread was exhausted several pages go?

sponsored links

38,712 views & 0 likes for this thread
Post your best photo with the lens cap still on
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.