Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 31 Jan 2009 (Saturday) 23:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My First Crazybooth - A great wedding add on!

Rokkorfan
256 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 31, 2009 23:49 |  #1

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank Nate and Jaclyn from The Image is Found  (external link)for the inspiration to do a Crazybooth. I varied a bit because I went full length which enabled me to do some reall cool stuff! It was a massive success and the bride and groom were thrilled on the night with the concept. Best of all it really helped fill out our coverage which had to that point been a bit patchy due to time constraints.

My blog entry with the shots is here: http://ncp.typepad.com​/ (external link) (Just select Crazybooth from the right sidebar menu).

It's a great concept because:

1. I get paid for extra coverage at $100 an hour
2. I get paid $200 for the Crazybooth itself
3. I know this couple will be getting extra pages in their album for the Crazybooth images; and
4. I will get a lot of extra image sales from folks who got in and got their shots taken.

All told a great idea and a LOT of fun on the night. Add to that, somehow someone in Cleveland found my site and cross posted it on their blog! Go figure!

For the technically minded, I had a 3 metre wide white velvet style backdrop lit by two 580EX strobes on manual in Lastolite Softboxes. Next time I will add a third to light up the backdrop better and get the folks out a little from the back to reduce shadows.

Oh - props are great as well! The frame was a big hit, but some feather boas will be on my purchase list before the next one!

Cheers, Antony

Professional wedding photographer based in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia (external link)
Links: Website  (external link)| Blog (external link) | How to photograph a wedding (external link)

sponsored links
DDCSD
GIVIN' GOOD KARMA
13,313 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 01, 2009 00:53 |  #2

Looks like a ton of fun. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of extra sales from those shots. Great work!

Derek
Bucketman Karma Fund
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9903477#p​ost9903477
POTN FF L2 MadTown Birds

Full Gear List & Feedback

PixelChick78
607 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 01, 2009 17:05 as a reply to  @ DDCSD's post |  #3

did you have an assistant take the shots or was it a cable release?

looks like fun, I am going to start offering this in 2010 or late 09.

http://cestchicphoto.c​om (external link)
http://cestchicphotogr​aphy.blogspot.com/ (external link)

stathunter
"I am no one really"
5,654 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 02, 2009 14:30 |  #4

Any photos of the crazy booth? Sounds like fun.

Scott
"Do or do not, there is no try"

MDteX
310 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 03, 2009 08:40 |  #5

Rokkorfan wrote in post #7230168 (external link)
Hi all,

For the technically minded, I had a 3 metre wide white velvet style backdrop lit by two 580EX strobes on manual in Lastolite Softboxes. Next time I will add a third to light up the backdrop better and get the folks out a little from the back to reduce shadows.

Cheers, Antony

Antony,

Where they softboxes or the Lastolite Ezyboxes? What did you have on the floor? I looked at the link you provided and their samples look like seamless all the way down.

This sounds very promising, interesting and lots of fun.

Canon 1DMkIV, Canon 1DMkIII, Canon 50D
24-70 f2.8L, 85 f1.2L II, 70-200 f2.8L ISII, 300 f2.8L IS
2 x 580EXII, 430EXII, 3 x PocketWizard FlexTT5, Mini TT1 & Cybersyncs

Einsteins and CyberCommander

mai_lin
637 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 03, 2009 09:12 as a reply to  @ MDteX's post |  #6

What a fabulous idea! I really like this. I'll have to keep it in mind if I ever get into weddings :)

Jen D.

http://DeCesariPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
Canon EOS 5Dmk II and 40D

Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM, Speedlite 580EX II :D
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …Excalibur_3200_​W_S_2.html (external link)

660Photos
86 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 03, 2009 10:09 |  #7

Very Cool idea!

www.660Photos.com (external link)
Rebel XT / Speedlite 580EX II

Epson Stylus Photo R2400

TheHoff
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 03, 2009 10:17 |  #8

I did this at a party we threw last year (albeit without the studio backdrop). I used a tethered 5D and a laptop; people could trigger the camera with a remote switch or by hitting the space bar.

Lots of fun! You got some good stuff.

details on my party booth setup:
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=470834

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

Rokkorfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
256 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Feb 12, 2009 23:44 |  #9

MDteX wrote in post #7244649 (external link)
Antony,

Where they softboxes or the Lastolite Ezyboxes? What did you have on the floor? I looked at the link you provided and their samples look like seamless all the way down.

This sounds very promising, interesting and lots of fun.

The 580EX units were fired into Lastolite umbrellaboxes - they are like a softbox that works like an umbrella - very easy to use and portable.

The backdrop was white velvet - 3M x 6M which was rolled out onto the floor. It lasts a little better on a carpet floor than rolled paper.

Cheers,

Antony

Professional wedding photographer based in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia (external link)
Links: Website  (external link)| Blog (external link) | How to photograph a wedding (external link)

plattepro
518 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 14, 2009 07:05 |  #10

That is fun looking and a smart way to get extra income!

Sally
60D

sponsored links

4,939 views & 0 likes for this thread
My First Crazybooth - A great wedding add on!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.