Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 24 May 2006 (Wednesday) 20:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Alabama members

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 10, 2008 22:05 |  #226

Jnic335i wrote in post #6854979 (external link)
Jamie I know some people from Danville. Small world. I grew up in Warrior, AL then Moved to Gulf Shores and now I'm in Auburn. Been to cullman more times then I can count

Cool. I have pretty much lost track of folks there. I know family now and that is about it.

The Site  (external link)The Gallery  (external link)The Gear (external link)

"If you really want something done, ask a busy person." Toms wife

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

You know I can't spell just sound it out. ~ me

sponsored links
Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 11, 2008 02:05 |  #227

Btw, studio is done! Crazy thing Dec 3 I went to the dentist and found tumors in my jaw. Not cancer thank God! Had 1st surgery yesterday. Will have another soon. Crazy painful!

Ryan McGill
My Gearhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=592450

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 11, 2008 08:40 |  #228

Sorry to hear the Ryan. Hope all turns out well.
Congrats on the studio.

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 11, 2008 10:01 |  #229

Thanks Jamie, keep me in your prayers. I have some 360 tours of the studio on my website. I need to redo them as the studio was not 100% complete. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Ryan McGill

Eddie ­ Heptinstall
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 16, 2008 05:56 as a reply to  @ post 6727047 |  #230

Michael were you at the auburn-georgia game with the camo cover on your lens. I talked to you a little bit. Did you get some good shots. It was a good game.That was my first major college game. wish I could do it every sat.

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 04, 2009 16:59 |  #231

Well I am good to go! BTW Scott came up and checked the studio out. Asked if I would mind taking some of him for his website (blog). So, got a few keepers and some goofy ones. We Alabama folks need to go on a Photo venture again. Scott & I are coordinating schedules. Wednesdays might be the best for me. Possibly Saturdays... will have to check schedules.

Here is the one I like.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Scott passing gas... LOL!
IMAGE NOT FOUND

I put the camera down and was adjusting the boom... Scott grabbed the camera and took one of me.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Ryan McGill

ByTheBrooke
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 11, 2009 23:50 |  #232

Hope you're doing well, Ryan! Great shots ;o)

Jamie-I'm a Danville gal. I knew of some Holladays back then, but don't remember names anymore LOL. My 8 year old played soccer this year with a Holladay.

Just checking in-haven't been on much until recently. Hoping to get more involved. I finally got a flash, so really looking to read up on some of the Flash forum and learn a bit ;o) Bought a nifty fifty here, too. I used my SIL's for a week or so back the end of last year, and just didn't find the love, but am hoping that I can force myself to find it. I mean, I love the wide aperture, but the 50 prime isn't my thing, but I shoot a lot of landscapes. I do SOME portrait, but not much. We'll see, I'm really hoping to find the 50 love.

Brooke
Gripped 7D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4, Canon 100 2.8mm Macro, etc etc.... I just love to shoot!

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 12, 2009 19:56 |  #233

ByTheBrooke wrote in post #7308591 (external link)

Jamie-I'm a Danville gal. I knew of some Holladays back then, but don't remember names anymore LOL. My 8 year old played soccer this year with a Holladay.

Just checking in-haven't been on much until recently. Hoping to get more involved. I finally got a flash, so really looking to read up on some of the Flash forum and learn a bit ;o) Bought a nifty fifty here, too. I used my SIL's for a week or so back the end of last year, and just didn't find the love, but am hoping that I can force myself to find it. I mean, I love the wide aperture, but the 50 prime isn't my thing, but I shoot a lot of landscapes. I do SOME portrait, but not much. We'll see, I'm really hoping to find the 50 love.

Thanks! The fifty is great on crop frame for portraits. I really liked Sigma 30 1.4 before I sold my ole 300D. It practically was glued on. With full frame 50 mm is a great normal length. You should see a huge IQ leap using a flash. The key is to bounce!!!

Ryan McGill

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 12, 2009 23:00 as a reply to  @ Rhinotherunt's post |  #234

ByTheBrooke wrote in post #7308591 (external link)

Cool.
My daughter plays soccer. Her name is Makayla

ByTheBrooke
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 13, 2009 15:04 as a reply to  @ Jamie Holladay's post |  #235

Definitely been bouncing. Did a "Valentine's" shoot with my 20 month old yesterday, was very pleased with the results. Still tons to learn on flashing, though ;o) I got one of the velcro on softboxes, too. I played with it a little the first day I got it, but haven't used it since. I want to get one of the velcro bands that come on and off of the flash, so the velcro doesn't interfere with my sto-fen. I thought I ordered it with my stuff, but apparently forgot it.

Jamie-you're not in Danville now, though right? so Makayla doesn't play here? Your name really rings a bell with me. Maybe you went to school with one of my older brothers? Rex's kid is who my son played soccer/goes to school with. Carson is his name. Not sure if you're related to that group or not.

I"m really excited to hopefully get more opportunities to go out and shoot and learn more as warmer weather creeps in on us. I'd consider myself maybe an intermediate photographer? I don't how you'd "word it". I'm not pro by any means, but not novice, either. I"ve only within the last year really buckled down and started learning the technical stuff.

So tell me, where are some good places to shoot in North/Central AL? I've been to B'ham Botanical Gardens. I want to do some waterfalls. I've spent a little time looking at a few of your pages/albums. I don't remember whose at this point. I'm itching to get out and make friends with mother nature.

Brooke
Gripped 7D, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4, Canon 100 2.8mm Macro, etc etc.... I just love to shoot!

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 14, 2009 09:34 |  #236

ByTheBrooke wrote in post #7319449 (external link)
Jamie-you're not in Danville now, though right? so Makayla doesn't play here? Your name really rings a bell with me. Maybe you went to school with one of my older brothers? Rex's kid is who my son played soccer/goes to school with. Carson is his name. Not sure if you're related to that group or not.

No I live in Gadsden but my children live in Hartselle. Rex was my cousin. I am 5 or 6 years older than him. Tim is my brother if that helps you any.

ByTheBrooke
137 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 14, 2009 12:06 |  #237

ok-I think Rex was my oldest brother's age. I don't recognize Tim, but if he's younger than you, then my brother might.

So I checked out the thread with the link to the meetup group for AL, noticed there hasn't been a scheduled one for some time. Is that even still operational? Or is it just a "hey, wanna get together and shoot" kinda thing?

Brooke

Rhinotherunt
Looking for a Rock
7,129 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 16, 2009 10:04 |  #238

ByTheBrooke wrote in post #7324332 (external link)
So I checked out the thread with the link to the meetup group for AL, noticed there hasn't been a scheduled one for some time. Is that even still operational? Or is it just a "hey, wanna get together and shoot" kinda thing?

Yeah, I was doing the site. I have not updated it. I did have a link in my signature. I am overhauling my business website... so, it will be updated after that. ;) Basically it was a hey lets get together and shoot, and I would post some shots from the trip. We had went on a few shoots, but not all posted. LOL! Too many irons in the fire.

Ryan McGill

bham
216 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 19, 2009 17:47 |  #239

Get togethers will start happening more as the weather warms.

"If every person who owns a camera is a photographer, then similarly everyone with a hammer is a carpenter. A tool doesn't mean squat unless you know how to use it."- me

Joshyouwah
537 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 23, 2009 14:36 |  #240

anyone from the mobile or surrounding areas?

i'm from south MS

-JOSHUADAHL
Website (external link)|Facebook FanPage (external link)|Personal Facebook (external link)|Twitter (external link)

sponsored links

44,581 views & 0 likes for this thread
Alabama members
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.