Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Feb 2009 (Monday) 14:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon G10 Magic Lantern manual

Minnesota ­ Fats
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 16, 2009 14:04 |  #1

Doe anyone know if the forthcoming Magic Lantern manual for the
Canon G10 can be used for the Canon G9. i need a manual larger and easier to read and understand than the small -type Canon manual that came with the camera.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

sponsored links
denncald
Goldmember
2,115 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 16, 2009 15:02 |  #2

A suggestion...

http://www.shortcourse​s.com/store/canon-g10.html (external link)

Dennis

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 16, 2009 15:05 |  #3

http://www.dphotojourn​al.com …ws-sample-photos/#manuals (external link)

PDF. Larger, easier to read.

A general book on photography will help with the rest. Camera user manuals aren't intended to teach you that.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

Rainyday
Goldmember
1,126 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 16, 2009 20:43 |  #4

Minnesota Fats wrote in post #7337696 (external link)
Doe anyone know if the forthcoming Magic Lantern manual for the
Canon G10 can be used for the Canon G9. i need a manual larger and easier to read and understand than the small -type Canon manual that came with the camera.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Don't know about Magic Lantern but +1 on the Canon manuals. They stink.:mad:

MarkoPolo
Goldmember
2,203 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Feb 17, 2009 15:50 |  #5

I can't help with the understanding part, but you can download the pdf file from Canon and read it on your computer and make the type as large as you need. The Magic Lantern books are ok, but there is a lot of rudimentary photography data that is repeated in all of their manuals. Hope that helps.

Mark

Olympus OM-D E-M1 pro body, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro lens, M.Zuiko 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 ED SWD lens, M. Zuiko EC-14 1.4 Teleconverter, M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens, M.Zuiko 9-18mm f/4-5.6 lens, M. Zuiko 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II lens, Canon 400mm f/5.6 L lens with Canon to OLympus converter, Nissin Di-466 Flash

PlayersZ28
550 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 17, 2009 17:42 |  #6

Manuals? Are you supposed to read those? :)

Canon -> A1, 1D (gone), G10, XT IR, 7D and some glass of various lengths and colors

jeannot18
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 17, 2009 19:35 as a reply to  @ PlayersZ28's post |  #7

I am lucky, my work place has a print room, I have ask the guy that work there to print the Canon Manual on A5 (4 pages of the manual double-sided on an A4 page if this makes sense), he guillotined the pages to A5 and had the whole manual spiral-bound. The book is small enough to take with me to read on my way to work or wherever.
JC

janner
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 18, 2009 03:52 |  #8

We don't get a printed manual in the UK but I've found "cheat sheets" to be excellent alternatives. Easy to pack for holidays. Try this:-

http://www.photocheats​heets.com/cs.aspx?n=86 (external link)

Geoff

sponsored links

4,296 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon G10 Magic Lantern manual
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.