Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 23 Feb 2009 (Monday) 13:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1D2 II for $1800 at craiglist

blissonearth
222 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 23, 2009 13:20 |  #1

Hi guys, I found someone who really needed the money (I emailed her) to move back to Canada from US, she is desperately need money, I thought the price is amazing, I just don't have that kind of money to spend and spread out the news.

http://annarbor.craigs​list.org/pho/103654948​8.html (external link)

;)Canon 5D MKII, 430EX, 70-200 f4L IS 24-105 f4L, 135 f2 L 85 1.8, lowerpro flipside 400AW
Nikon D40 with 18-270 II tammy for playing!!!
www.mudpuddlephoto.com (external link)

sponsored links
IVY
257 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 23, 2009 14:54 |  #2

1D or 1Ds MKII ?:)

My Gear: have some, want more.....
FS:
WTB:

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 23, 2009 14:58 |  #3

Add says 1DsMkII

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

gruvemuppet
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 23, 2009 14:58 |  #4

Its a decent price if the camera is low actuataions and in great shape. I've seen them start to drop in price in recent months, some as low as $1500 for a good 1DMKII with 30k+ actuations.

I bought a 1DMKII off Craigslist 9 months ago for $1900 here in Vancouver, but it was mint and had less than 10k actuations.

Update: saw it mentioned it was a 1DsMKII...if thats the case, its a pretty good deal, IMO.

Gear List
flickr gallery (external link)
MM Portfolio (external link)

patrick835
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 23, 2009 15:39 |  #5

It's the DSmk II
and looks like an excellent price. one of the best ad pics on craigslist :D

1D mk II + sigma 10-22 + 100f/2.8 + 70-200/f4L + f/2.8L IS II+ tamron AF 2x + 430EX II
[COLOR=darkgreen] 2x Canon 30D + 2x BG-E2N + 18-55 kit + 50mm f/1.8 II + 85 f/1.8 + 100mm Macro + 70-200f/4L + 17-40f/4L + 430EX + 580 EX II + RRS L plate + Markin Q3 + Gitzo G2220
completely broke :lol:

Vascilli
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 23, 2009 22:26 |  #6

gruvemuppet wrote in post #7389378 (external link)
Its a decent price if the camera is low actuataions and in great shape. I've seen them start to drop in price in recent months, some as low as $1500 for a good 1DMKII with 30k+ actuations.

I bought a 1DMKII off Craigslist 9 months ago for $1900 here in Vancouver, but it was mint and had less than 10k actuations.

Update: saw it mentioned it was a 1DsMKII...if thats the case, its a pretty good deal, IMO.

Got my 1D II with 72k on it for $1000. :D

Flickr (external link) | Gear List

patrick835
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 23, 2009 23:55 |  #7

that's a DEAL :( im jealous

1D mk II + sigma 10-22 + 100f/2.8 + 70-200/f4L + f/2.8L IS II+ tamron AF 2x + 430EX II
[COLOR=darkgreen] 2x Canon 30D + 2x BG-E2N + 18-55 kit + 50mm f/1.8 II + 85 f/1.8 + 100mm Macro + 70-200f/4L + 17-40f/4L + 430EX + 580 EX II + RRS L plate + Markin Q3 + Gitzo G2220

overclock
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 24, 2009 12:25 |  #8

So I e-mailed her and rec'd this response:

Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale but before i answer to your questions i`m afraid i have some "bad" news: i`m selling this because i am moving back home in Canada as i want to start a small business here with my family. I was born here, we lived in US for a while, tried a few things but didn`t worked out and decided to move back in Canada and try a small business here because after all there's no place like home. However, the point is that i am not in US right now and i can`t be there to make the transaction in person but this is not something to worry about because i will sell this with the help of The Online Outpost. They are the largest eBay selling service but it`s possible that you never heard of them if you don`t sell or buy often on the internet. Their website is www.theonlineoutpost.c​om (external link) if you want to check the service out, you will not find the listing there because only the items sold through ebay are listed on their website, the items sold through other marketplaces are not listed on their website.
When i left in Canada, i left the item along with several other items in the The Online Outpost custody so i can sell them even though i am not there, so if you are OK with this, just drop me an email and i will explain the rest of the transaction details. I just hope you are serious and really interested in this because i want to sell it A.S.A.P.

This deal reaks of fish.

IVY
257 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 24, 2009 12:41 |  #9

sorry, CL website is locked on this comp, anyway, seems like a "regular" CL scam to me :(

My Gear: have some, want more.....
FS:
WTB:

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 24, 2009 12:44 |  #10

overclock wrote in post #7396698 (external link)

RUN .. RUN NOW...

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

phigment
230 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 24, 2009 14:17 |  #11

overclock wrote in post #7396698 (external link)

Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale but before i answer to your questions i`m afraid i have some "bad" news: i`m selling this because i am moving back home in Canada as i want to start a small business here with my family. I was born here, we lived in US for a while, tried a few things but didn`t worked out and decided to move back in Canada and try a small business here because after all there's no place like home. However, the point is that i am not in US right now and i can`t be there to make the transaction in person but this is not something to worry about because i will sell this with the help of The Online Outpost. They are the largest eBay selling service but it`s possible that you never heard of them if you don`t sell or buy often on the internet. Their website is www.theonlineoutpost.c​om (external link) if you want to check the service out, you will not find the listing there because only the items sold through ebay are listed on their website, the items sold through other marketplaces are not listed on their website.
When i left in Canada, i left the item along with several other items in the The Online Outpost custody so i can sell them even though i am not there, so if you are OK with this, just drop me an email and i will explain the rest of the transaction details. I just hope you are serious and really interested in this because i want to sell it A.S.A.P.

This deal reaks of fish.

I found a similar listing for a 5D for $800 CDN (about $640 US for the readers south of the border) on kijiji. I got a similar response but they're moving to the UK with an opportunity for a franchise. Google it, you'll find other scams like this.

A7R, Firin 20mm, CV 21/4, CV 40/1.4, 100ZE, 300 4LIS, Tamron 150-600, Jupiter 8, RX100 IV

blissonearth
THREAD ­ STARTER
222 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 24, 2009 18:07 as a reply to  @ phigment's post |  #12

Oh wow, I emailed her, too and found almost similar responds, but different company.

;)Canon 5D MKII, 430EX, 70-200 f4L IS 24-105 f4L, 135 f2 L 85 1.8, lowerpro flipside 400AW
Nikon D40 with 18-270 II tammy for playing!!!
www.mudpuddlephoto.com (external link)

overclock
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 24, 2009 22:54 |  #13

So I wrote this:

Is the camera in the US or Canada? If it is the US I'd like to go check it out.

And rec'd this back:

Alright, i`m glad you are still interested. So like i said before i'll explain how The Online Outpost works because i want all things to be clear from the beginning. They are the best selling service on eBay, you simply drop an item to one of their stores or have them pick it up from your home, you find a buyer and they'll take it from there. When i left in Canada i left 4 items for sale in their custody, they picked them up from my home so don`t ask at what store, or where the item is exactly because i don`t know, all i know is that they are holding them in one of their warehouses, but as long as they are handling the shipping and handling i don`t care where they are.The best thing about this is that shipping is handled by them and the insurance and shipping fees are covered by them, they charge me a commission of course as nothing is free in this world but they like to call it free :). One more thing, the item is located in US not in Canada, so it will be shipped from US.
OK so here`s a short description of how they work: they have the item, you agree to buy it, you send me your full name and shipping address, i`ll send it to them as a confirmation that i accept you as the buyer, they send you an invoice with the transaction details and the payment instructions and you will send the payment to one of their agents. After they receive the payment confirmation, they will start the shipping process. After you receive the item, you have a 10 day money back guarantee to check if everything is in order. If you don`t like it you can return it within these 10 days and receive a full refund, or keep it and notify them so they can transfer the payment to me. If you decide to return it they will ship it back and they will bill me for the shipping cost so you see i have no intention of sending you something that isn't as described.
So if you agree with this terms and decide to proceed, then i will need your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction. They will contact you by email so if you have other email accounts please let me have them so i can be sure that they contact you and avoid any possible delay.
As soon as i receive this details from you i will forward them to The Online Outpost exactly as you sent them.
Thank you

Grace

I can't post what I wrote back. But I hate scammers like this. My grandmother fell victim to a Nigerian scheme and wound up sending over $250,000 to Nigeria. Imagine the number of real Canon 1Ds Mark II's I could buy with that! Now she's pennyless. She wouldn't listen to anyone that it was all a scam. It took me over 6 months to convince my mom to get legal guardianship over her financial affairs. So if I ever meet one of these scammers I'll do to them exactly what I said I would in my e-mail.

patrick835
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 25, 2009 00:58 |  #14

may i ask why did she send such an amount of money to s.o she never met? just for experience purpose...

Shenanigans
267 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 25, 2009 01:50 as a reply to  @ patrick835's post |  #15

This is a scam and the craiglist poster selling the camera is a professional criminal. I got almost an identical response to another 1D craigslist ad that he/she/it posted around here a few months ago. That time, the scumbag had some "bad news" for me too about moving to Canada and wanted to use a service called "isoldit". The rest of the scam letter was the same.

I'd love to find out where this piece of trash is posting from.

sponsored links

731 views & 0 likes for this thread
1D2 II for $1800 at craiglist
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.