Have you ever wished that you could exclude certain fora, eg "Kids & Family", when you issue a "New Posts" request?
Here is how I do it.
1. Create a toolbar bookmark for POTN.
2. Hover mouse pointer over the "New Posts", right click mouse and "Copy Link Location".
3. Hover mouse pointer over POTN bookmark button and right click "Properties".
4. Paste the link location into the location/url field.
The button is now configured for a basic "New Posts" search.
If you look at the end of the URL you will note an "exclude" list with a comma seperated list of numbers. These numbers represent the various sub-forums.
To find out the number of a particular forum, from the main forums page, hover the mouse pointer over the forum header. At the bottom of the page you will note a URL which ends in something like this
In this instance the number 133 represents the "Kids & Family" forum.
5. Hover mouse pointer over POTN bookmark button and right click "Properties".
6. Append the forum number (133) to the end of the URL not forgetting to add a comma.
7. Repeat step 6 for all other forums to be excluded.
Basic "New Posts" URL -> http: // photography-on-the.net / forum / search.php?do = getnew&exclude = 14,88,105,106
"New Posts" URL excluding "Kids & Family" -> http: // photography-on-the.net / forum / search.php?do=getnew&exclude = 14,88,105,106,133
That list of red numbers in my signature is my "exclude list".
Sorry, I haven't worked out how to explicitly exclude "Why should I shoot RAW" threads.