Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 16 Feb 2009 (Monday) 23:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cybersync problems!

overclock
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 17, 2009 09:05 |  #16

Get one of these cables to go from your CS to the strobe:
http://www.sweetwater.​com/store/detail/CMP30​3 (external link)

I had problems with the cable from the CS to my Interfits but it was the adapter that came with the CS units. When I was putting my stuff up last time I disconnected the adapter from the back of the strobe and the adapter fell apart in my hands.

sponsored links
sgvriese
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 17, 2009 09:21 |  #17

UPDATE:
Well, I just called the company this morning, and apparently they do have problems with their A/C CST Receivers not being compatible with some A/C strobes. He said that I need to exchange my A/C receiver for a battery powered (CSTB) receiver. I wish that they would list on their website this issue.... I found on Buff's forum some other person having the same problem.

How often have any of you Battery Powered users have had to replace batteries?
Thanks for your replies, Staci

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Feb 17, 2009 10:03 |  #18

Batteries have not been changed in mine since I got them - 6 months ago(?). And they are the original factory batteries. (Except that set I replaced when trying to get the motor drive shutter release cable working with them - it wasn't a battery problem). The receiver uses AA batteries. If you use hot shoe mounted flash you most likely have a few of them around during a shoot.

Basically batteries are not an issue.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

Tigershark
904 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 17, 2009 11:36 as a reply to  @ Titus213's post |  #19

the battery units are great, I shoot a lot and use rechargable and can go a week at a time between recharging them. I always have backup batteries but haven't had to swap them out during a shoot

sgvriese
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 25, 2009 12:55 |  #20

UPDATE #2:
Received the CSTBs- and they don't work either. Have to return the whole shebang.
These things are not compatible with Interfit 150EX. At least the customer service department are great. But I am back to the drawing board and totally frustrated.
Staci

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
43,940 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 25, 2009 14:47 |  #21

I wonder if this is one of the seeming bizzare issues that might be caused by the Interfits using a polarity different from what is assumed by the Cybersync...if the plug was an H-style (like USA AC power 2-prong plug) that could be resolved simply by flipping the connector 180 degrees and plugging it back in. (I have seen this issue with Norman studio flash units on a cord!)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

eduardofrances
679 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 25, 2009 15:18 |  #22

sgvriese wrote in post #7404658 (external link)
UPDATE #2:
Received the CSTBs- and they don't work either. Have to return the whole shebang.
These things are not compatible with Interfit 150EX. At least the customer service department are great. But I am back to the drawing board and totally frustrated.
Staci

I think the problem would be the Interfit units, you aren't the first one with problems with the sync lead in the unit, I would try to consult other EX users to see if there is a problem with their units and cybersyncs: http://flickr.com/grou​ps/650892@N22/ (external link)

http://flickr.com/phot​os/eduardofrances/ (external link) :D

sgvriese
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 26, 2009 12:42 |  #23

Thanks for the flickr link! I just ordered the cheapo Interfit radio kit until I can save some pennies in the next few months and get pocket wizards. Then at least I can use my Sekonic without a cable...

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 26, 2009 13:58 |  #24

You can use your Sekonic without a cable with any RF transmitter . It's called "Auto-reset cordless flash mode". Page 16 and 17 of your manual explains how. Here's the manual.
Read and enjoy. :)

Sekonic L-358 User Manual (external link)

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,423 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 26, 2009 14:01 |  #25

sgvriese wrote in post #7411875 (external link)
Thanks for the flickr link! I just ordered the cheapo Interfit radio kit until I can save some pennies in the next few months and get pocket wizards. Then at least I can use my Sekonic without a cable...

I use the interfit radio kit with no problems at all. I like it a lot, for the price.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

sgvriese
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 12, 2009 00:13 |  #26

So far after a couple of uses the interfit radio kit works fine with my lamps.
I will use that auto reset cordless flash mode in the future! Staci

sponsored links

4,144 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cybersync problems!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.